SHould I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dismantled

Blue Crack Addict
Hey guys, how many of you have pierced your ears yourself?
I have my upper cartiledge...spelling:huh: pierced, now I want my earlobes done and think I can do it myself.
I know about the infections and cleaning it and everything...I just want to know if you guys have done it and how?? I don't want to do anything that will make my ears fall off or rot or anything:wink:

I had my cartilage done my freshman year of college, I figured it was time to update to my lobes......my left also...:wink:

I say go for it ;)
I did all my friends in the upper cartilage, many times, also my own, from lower to upper....just keep everything sterile, and you should be fine....(don't waste time with the ice cube or clothes pin - just get a very sharp point stud and press-on....hope this helps:)

HHhhmm I think you should! But why are you gonna do them on your own?

Oh and I have mine done (like i said before) but I don't wear earings, cause they annoy me... I only wear on in my cartilage :D

:wave:

My mam had someone pierce her ears with a needle when she was intoxicated one new year's eve :eeklaugh: Her ears have been fine.
My advice.....get drunk! :dance:

DON'T do it yourself. You may be successful at putting a hole in your ear but it might be crooked, meaning the exit hole in the back is higher or lower than your front end piercing...that could possibly cause problems. Also, I don't know for sure how you'd be able to ensure this is all done in a sterile enviroment. The cost of piercing for earlobes is very cheap...pay a professional to have it done and don't go to a place that uses those piercing guns either (very dirty).

As stars said it's very cheap to have it done at a piercing parlor....

However I have only good experiences of the gun..
and the best thing is it don't hurt because it is done so fast with that gun...and of course the risk of it being infected is much lower.

I have 2 holes in my left lobe,didn't hurt. never got infected, only cost me around $10

DO IT!

:)

Last edited:
I would definitely have a professional do it. It's not expensive and it takes two seconds, as opposed to a drawn-out procedure if you do it yourself. And with a professional your chances of infection are extremely low.

Don't do it yourself unless you can guarantee you're using a completely sterile needle. Other than that I have no advice since I've never had a piercing (my dad is the only one in my family with a piercing, lol).

If you're going to do it yourself, make sure the holes aren't crooked. My first set of holes weren't straight so it was hard to put earrings in. Lots of moving the earring around and hoping it would go through.

Make sure the holes are across from each other too. It would look funny if one earring was higher than the other.

I was in the other room as my sister's friend was piercing my sister's ear for her. Just listening to the sounds she was making assured me that I'd always have piercings done professionally.

I've pierced my ears and my cartilage myself and never had any problems. However, I didn't find out until after i'd done it that if you do your cartilage, you have to very careful because if you pierce through a certain area, you can paralyze half of your facial muscles.

*not wanting to scare you. honestly*

Back
Top Bottom