Shame on me to be a newbie, but I met them last week :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonyhotland

The Fly
O my God, I can't believe I just found this website. I know, shame on me! Shame on me! I have to thank waynetravis for hookin me up. And I can't believe either how much I've missed during these years I've been a fan of U2. This site is amazing.....

Well, I met waynetravis when he came up to the Abbey Road studio last week. Me and some 15 fans were there, it was probably our third day together coming to the studio, waiting outside, screaming, waving, hollering, and getting autographs from the band members as they came out of the studio. Six hours of waiting totally paid off!!

And you probably wouldn't believe this. I'm from Indonesia. I happened to be in London for a course for two weeks since Monday Sept 11. And when I learned that they happened also to be in London at the studio recording stuff, I was freaking out! My heart was racing in anticipation when I came to the studio the first time. Then I saw Adam. And then Bono. And then Edge. And then Larry! I was like, this is the best week ever. And what an amazing coincidence, eh? I came for London and I got London AND U2! I got their autographs on my sweatshirt and my Zoo TV DVD.

I always thought I'd never meet them. They've never played Indonesia, or come to think of it, any Southeast Asian countries.. And voila! last week really happened!!!! And I met other U2 fans as well and they're just the best -- except for the autograph hunter a.k.a the dealers..

I camped outside the Waterstone's bookstore on Thursday night and got in Friday morning at 8. Got my book and got it signed! Edge said "someday we'll come to Indonesia". Bono shook my hand. Larry was full of smile. And Adam remembered me -- probably from the nights of waiting and standing outside the Abbey Road studio.

So there's my story. I will never forget this time of my life. I am probably the luckiest person on earth. At least, last week I was :)
So, hi to all of you..

By the way, how can I put up pics on my message, pics that are my own in my computer? There's IMG in the vB Code bar, but it seems to be for images already on the Net.......

upload them on www.imageshack.us , take the code you get most to the bottom of the page, and put that in the IMG tags ^^

nice story, congratulations!
btw, they DID play a southeastern country, they've played Japan on ZooTv tour... and they will During the last leg of Vertigo too
I know that's pretty far away tho!

Congratulations!!!! :applaud:

I was there last Wednesday, I was wearing a white hat, maybe I saw you there!

Btw, welcome to interference.com! :wave:

Congrats again! :up:

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
upload them on imageshack.us, take the code you get most to the bottom of the page, and put that in the IMG tags ^^

nice story, congratulations!
btw, they DID play a southeastern country, they've played Japan on ZooTv tour... and they will During the last leg of Vertigo too
I know that's pretty far away tho!

Yes, they did. And they will play Japan and Australia. Australia is much closer actually, so I might wake up tomorrow and book a flight :) although I'm pretty sure all tickets must have been sold out :(

But thanks for the info!

U2 Beginner said:
Congratulations!!!! :applaud:

I was there last Wednesday, I was wearing a white hat, maybe I saw you there!

Btw, welcome to interference.com! :wave:

Congrats again! :up:

Yayy... Yes, maybe you saw me too. Maybe we even talked, hahaha... Yep, I've been drinking for what happened last week :) I'm sooo full of smiles even until now!!

U2 rocks!

tonyhotland said:

Yayy... Yes, maybe you saw me too. Maybe we even talked, hahaha... Yep, I've been drinking for what happened last week :) I'm sooo full of smiles even until now!!

U2 rocks!

Haha, I know that feeling too! :D

tonyhotland said:

Yes, they did. And they will play Japan and Australia. Australia is much closer actually, so I might wake up tomorrow and book a flight :) although I'm pretty sure all tickets must have been sold out :(

But thanks for the info!

:hyper: Congratulations!!!! What incredible luck you have - thanks for sharing your story and I look forward to seeing your pictures!

You can look around Interference for tickets too, if you're serious... :)

One guy last week, was just turning up to see where The Beatles did the Abbey Road album. He had NO IDEA U2 were there.

He was over from Oz and just come off the cuff. Imagine his shock when he realised U2 were there :eek: He was a mad U2 fan, who was seeing them when they resumed touring later in the year.

He even helped load the drum kits and guitars out of the vans for them.

He couldn't believe his luck. Wish I had luck like that :banghead:

tonyhotland said:
O my God, I can't believe I just found this website. I know, shame on me! Shame on me! I have to thank waynetravis for hookin me up. And I can't believe either how much I've missed during these years I've been a fan of U2. This site is amazing.....

Well, I met waynetravis when he came up to the Abbey Road studio last week. Me and some 15 fans were there, it was probably our third day together coming to the studio, waiting outside, screaming, waving, hollering, and getting autographs from the band members as they came out of the studio. Six hours of waiting totally paid off!!

And you probably wouldn't believe this. I'm from Indonesia. I happened to be in London for a course for two weeks since Monday Sept 11. And when I learned that they happened also to be in London at the studio recording stuff, I was freaking out! My heart was racing in anticipation when I came to the studio the first time. Then I saw Adam. And then Bono. And then Edge. And then Larry! I was like, this is the best week ever. And what an amazing coincidence, eh? I came for London and I got London AND U2! I got their autographs on my sweatshirt and my Zoo TV DVD.

I always thought I'd never meet them. They've never played Indonesia, or come to think of it, any Southeast Asian countries.. And voila! last week really happened!!!! And I met other U2 fans as well and they're just the best -- except for the autograph hunter a.k.a the dealers..

I camped outside the Waterstone's bookstore on Thursday night and got in Friday morning at 8. Got my book and got it signed! Edge said "someday we'll come to Indonesia". Bono shook my hand. Larry was full of smile. And Adam remembered me -- probably from the nights of waiting and standing outside the Abbey Road studio.

So there's my story. I will never forget this time of my life. I am probably the luckiest person on earth. At least, last week I was :)
So, hi to all of you..

By the way, how can I put up pics on my message, pics that are my own in my computer? There's IMG in the vB Code bar, but it seems to be for images already on the Net.......

Oh wow you really were born under a lucky star!? :ohmy: You got to meet U2 twice with in one week!?! :ohmy: And Adam remembered you!?!? :ohmy: I'm so happy for you and welcome to interference!!!! :wink:

Great story, thanks for sharing with us! You're a lucky girl! Welcome to Interference.com!:)

tonyhotland said:

So, hi to all of you..

Anji:
So did I! I didn't know they'd be there. I thought the're already over recording there and the photo shoot was the last thing. So when I came first to the studio, I didn't bring anything. I didn't know that ppl would be outside, waiting. So when I got there and saw some 15 fans outside the studio, I was like, OMG, this is really happening... so i came near and i was like, "are they in there?", and a girl, I think it was Lisa2004 said," yes, we saw them come in". And I was like, shit! Then Adam came out, and we started hollering. And I had nothing for him to sign except my sweatshirt... Then he signed it. And I wore that sweatshirt for the next three days because I wanted all of them to sign it :):)

hcbiggs2002:
Make it 5 times in 5 days in a row :) lol...

u2wildhoney:
thanks, and i'm a guy actually :)

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

:hyper: Congratulations!!!! What incredible luck you have - thanks for sharing your story and I look forward to seeing your pictures!

You can look around Interference for tickets too, if you're serious... :)

I did actually look for tickets here. But they're like 350-400 dollars. Add that with flights and accomodation.. Damn! I'd be out on the street begging or auctioning my U2byU2 on ebay, lol........ what an irony! Or are U2 tickets really that expensive? I don't know.

Really, I cant believe they're already selling it on ebay the next day after london signing. I saw these dealers outside the abbey road studio. and when i saw them again outside the bookstore, i was like, screw you!

i was saying to myself, "I'm so nervous," when the band was being late for around an hour. and this dealer guy suddenly said," nervous? what about impatient? i got other stuff to do,". geez.....

tonyhotland said:

I did actually look for tickets here. But they're like 350-400 dollars. Add that with flights and accomodation.. Damn! I'd be out on the street begging or auctioning my U2byU2 on ebay, lol........ what an irony! Or are U2 tickets really that expensive? I don't know.

Really, I cant believe they're already selling it on ebay the next day after london signing. I saw these dealers outside the abbey road studio. and when i saw them again outside the bookstore, i was like, screw you!

i was saying to myself, "I'm so nervous," when the band was being late for around an hour. and this dealer guy suddenly said," nervous? what about impatient? i got other stuff to do,". geez.....

Hi Tony :wave: It was great to spend the week with you last week!!

Those dealers :madspit: I couldn't believe they all went mad shouting for the Edge, when he had his family with him for God's sake, on the Thursday night - it was nice of him to applaud us fans though :)

You still on a high after last week, sounds like it! I think I'll be on cloud 9 forever!!

Jo xx

:applaud: Absolutely fabulous fantastic awesome account of your experience meeting U2. Thanks soooooo much for sharing it. Wish you had pics too! I am so jealous! But I have my U2 by U2 book that I absolutely love.

lisa2004 said:

Hi Tony :wave: It was great to spend the week with you last week!!

Those dealers :madspit: I couldn't believe they all went mad shouting for the Edge, when he had his family with him for God's sake, on the Thursday night - it was nice of him to applaud us fans though :)

You still on a high after last week, sounds like it! I think I'll be on cloud 9 forever!!

Jo xx

Hi Jo..
glad to see you again. say hi to lisa!
edge's family came on thu night? eww, i wasn't there cos i was already camping outside waterstone's, lol......
didn't see you there though, even on friday. but i'm sure you got ur book signed cos you won the competition, eh?
I am indeed still on a high :)
what happened that week still flash in my head like it happened only yesterday, hahahaha... but yep, thank god i met you all there! still my best week ever.......

btw, you ain't no longer upset for what Bono said about the autograph, are you? hahaha.... :(

tonyhotland said:

Hi Jo..
glad to see you again. say hi to lisa!
edge's family came on thu night? eww, i wasn't there cos i was already camping outside waterstone's, lol......
didn't see you there though, even on friday. but i'm sure you got ur book signed cos you won the competition, eh?
I am indeed still on a high :)
what happened that week still flash in my head like it happened only yesterday, hahahaha... but yep, thank god i met you all there! still my best week ever.......

btw, you ain't no longer upset for what Bono said about the autograph, are you? hahaha.... :(

Oh no, :reject: I was a bit silly about that!
I kinda worked out that it was a joke, spesh as he laughed as he said it! I guess I was just a bit put out and "OMG, my hero is annoyed with me!" flashed through my head! He was lovely to me on Thursday (Lisa, Patsie and I brought him choccies!) so all is well!
I didnt win the competition to get the book signed, nope! If I had, I would have been camping out there with you! I was so knackered Fri morning and what with the weather, we decided to call it a day at Abbey Road on the Thursday night - was lovely to see Bono in his Armani suit!! :drool:
Anyway, stay in touch Tony and hopefully meet up with you again someday :hug:
Jo xx

tonyhotland said:

thank god i met you all there! still my best week ever.......

:yes:

i had the best 3 days ever!!

would i do it again if the opportunity came round :hmm: ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

tonyhotland said:

and this dealer guy suddenly said," nervous? what about impatient? i got other stuff to do,". geez.....

What an idiot. It's a shame there are people who do that. I find it very "frustrating" :madspit: :rant: :angry: :scream: when I see people like that.

Welcome to Interference. This site is definitely the best U2 site around...and most of the people are pretty nice too:wink: :wink:

And congrats on meeting the guys. What luck!!!:up:

Back
Top Bottom