Shadows and tall trees cha[ 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

englishmuffin

Babyface
Thunk Katrina rolled over in her sleep. Thunk She woke up. Thunk She heard it again. She cautiously climbed out of bed. Thunk There it was again! She walked over to her window. She opened it and looked down to find Monique.
"Monique! What are you doing here??!! You scared me half to death!!" she whispered down to her.
"Sorry!" Monique said with a sniff, "My dad left again. And my mom just took off. Can I stay here for a while?" Katrina sighed; Monique’s dad would go on one of his trips, no address, and no phone number. He'd just up and go. Usually Monique's mom would stay home; this was a first that her mom actually left too. Monique would find someplace. Be it Katrina's, or Mariah's or Nicole's, she'd find someplace.
"Sure. Just try not to wake up my parents. Go around to the back door, I'll meet you there." Katrina said. Monique nodded wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her coat. Katrina shut her window. This can't keep happing to Monique, Katrina thought, One of these days it'll kill her. Katrina shuddered at the thought.

She carefully climbed the steps one step at a time as not to wake up her parents. She knew they wouldn't care, but if one of them woke up then they'd make a huge deal out of it and get all involved... She slowly unlocked the door and let Monique.

Monique didn’t look like herself. Her hair was rumpled and her face was tear streaked. Katrina noticed a trickle of blood by Monique’s left eyebrow.
“Did he try to hurt you?!!” she asked desperately. Monique broke down. She threw her arms around Katrina’s neck, and sobbed in to her shoulder. Katrina felt her heart break for Monique. Tear’s welded in Katrina’s own eyes now. Katrina always wanted Monique to be and feel safe. Monique never got much love at home, so Katrina, Nicole and Mariah tried to give her so much that she’d drown in it.
“What did he do?” said Katrina, trying to hold back her tears.
“He tried hitting my mom but I got in the way to hold him back and he hit me instead!” Monique sobbed. Katrina couldn’t believe it. Monique’s dad always seemed to love Monique’s mom and Monique very much. How could you just stop loving someone?
“Was he drunk?” Katrina asked.
“No, we think he was high.” Monique said wiping her eyes. Katrina hugged her again. She put her hand on Monique’s head. This was her friend and she was hurt. Katrina didn’t know what to do. If her dad was high then he’d go to jail, and that would just kill Monique’s mom. She looked at Monique and shook her shoulders slightly.
“I promise you,” she said “No man will ever hurt you again.”
………………………………………………………………………………………………

Word had spread to Mariah and Nicole about Monique’s dad. Nicole was absolutely livid with Monique’s father while Mariah’s heart ached for Monique.
They all stayed the night at Katrina’s Sunday night to act as temporary mothers for Monique while her own was still gone. They made sure she got up, ate breakfast, and made sure Monique was as happy as she possibly could be.

When Monday morning came, they all acted as body guards around Monique.
“Not so close you guys, I quite like to breathe.” She said shoving Mariah a little. Mariah didn’t care that she shoved her, she just was happy to see that Monique was smiling.

When they reached school, they all were approached by Adam. Katrina moved closer to Monique.
“Can I help you?” she said trying to take the angry tone out of her voice.
“Yea, I just wanted to talk to Monique real quick.” He said smiling at Monique. Monique’s eyes lit up. She stepped forward out of Katrina’s grip. Katrina looked closer at Adam.
“Just make sure real quick is real quick.” She said eyeing him suspiciously.
“Great!” he said grabbing Monique’s hand and walking off with her.
“I don’t trust him” Katrina said suddenly when they were out of ear shot.
“Very unlike you.” Mariah said looking at Katrina funny. “Aren’t you the one who always says ‘Never judge a book by its cover?’” Mariah said. Katrina rolled her eyes.
“We should eve’s drop.” Katrina said smiling. Nicole laughed.
“How bought not? Adams totally trustworthy,” she said laughing again “so cool it.”
Katrina agreed but still felt uncertain. She didn’t know what she’d do if she broke her promise to Monique…………..

Back
Top Bottom