Sexiest U2 songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
This has probably been done before, but I'm compiling a CD of U2's sexiest tunes (not for any particular reason...LOL!) and I was looking for suggestions. These are a few that are already definitely on my list; B-sides and rarities suggestions more than welcome.

Lady with the Spinning Head (dance remix)
Big Girls Are Best
Mysterious Ways
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Elevation (Tomb Raider remix)

These are all pretty obvious...I can think of a few more, but being as this has surely already been done, I know you lovely PLEBAns will be able to point me in the right direction...

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Here are a couple I can think of right now

Can't Help Falling In Love
Ground Beneath Her Feet
Falling At Your Feet
If You Wear That Velvet Dress ( A must!)
Love Is Blindness
Night and Day

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 12-05-2001).]

here are some of my favorites:

your blue room
do you feel loved
IYWTVD - previously mentioned, but it deserves a second mention!
smile.gif

two shots of happy one shot of sad

------------------
"Here she comes....beauty plays the clown...Here she comes...Surreal in her crown..."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Sexiest??? Mmmmm....

Love is Blindness
Velvet Dress
Mysterious Ways
Luminous Times
Promenade
Ground Beneath her Feet
Stateless
Surrender
Slug
Your Blue Room
Beach Sequence
The First Time

Soooo many sexy, romantic U2 songs....SOOO LITTLE MEN IN MY LIFE to share them with. Blarg. GAO. Waah.
frown.gif

Disco

Here's my list
* Bad (ok, maybe that's a weird choice, but something about that song is incredibly sexy to me)
* With or Without You
* Trib Through Your Wires
* Desire
* Hawkmoon 269
* Love Rescue Me
* All I want Is You
* Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
* So Cruel
* Mysterious Ways
* Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
* Acrobat (perhaps this is another odd choice, but Bono's voice on this one send shives up and down my spine)
* Love Is Blindness
* Babyface
* Stay
* The First Time
* Your Blue Room
* If You Wear That Velvet Dress
* Dancing Bearfoot
* Unchained Melody
* Hallelujah Here She Comes
* IN A Little While
* Wild Honey
* Big Girls Are Best
* Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad
* I've Got You Under My Skin

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Big Girls Are Best is a sexual song?! What? I thought that "not on her back" "you're on your knees" stuff was gardening...oh geesh, sarcasm does NOT transfer well when typing...yea, Big Girls Are Best, and ooooo Elevation, but my number one is:
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
(It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it...)

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

A bit OT but still relevant...have any of you found that U2's "sexier" songs really, really have a positive effect on your mood? I started off the day with a few of the songs we've mentioned here, and I have felt like a total goddess all day.
wink.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Dancing Barefoot
Salome
Beach Sequence
Miss Sarajevo

but I think the most sexiest is:

ALEX DESCENDS INTO HELL FOR A BOTTLE OF KAROVA * MILK

that song, well piece of music is ....hmmm, wow! is all i can say!

Even Better Than The Real Thing
All I Want Is You
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You (my fave song of all time)
In A Little While

------------------
You have to be yourself. Be very honest about who you are and what you are. And if people still like you, that's fine. If they don't, that's their problem. - Sting

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. - Jodie Foster

"Alex Descends..." Wow, not many people know that one. That is kinda sexy.
wink.gif
I downloaded almost 30 mp3s tonight in preparation for my CD-making. Winter break approches, old flames coming back from college...need appropriate tune-age...

------------------

Mmm, yes, If You Wear That Velvet Dress is definitely one of the sexiest U2 songs. It's so soft and seductive.

And Disco, honey, I FEEL your pain.
frown.gif
Waah.

Come on over. We'll commiserate, eat some ice cream, watch some videos, feel guilty about the ice cream and go to the gym the next day with the renewed conviction that we don't need these stupid men to be truly happy, get completely knackered and them still end up feeling sad because we have no one to dance to Velvet Dress with.

Hmm, I wonder if I've revealed too much.

I compiled about a zillion of the songs you all listed. Now I'm thinking of doing two separate CDs: one of the sweet, slow songs, and then one of the more overtly sexual ones.
wink.gif

CD #1 (not in any order yet):

Hallelujah Here She Comes
Dancing Barefoot
Surrender
Do You Feel Loved
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Trip Through Your Wires
Salome
Babyface
Mysterious Ways
Big Girls Are Best
Desire
Lady With the Spinning Head
Hawkmoon 269

CD #2 (again, no order):

The First Time
Stateless
Beach Sequence
Slug
Promenade
Falling at Your Feet
Your Blue Room
Stay (Faraway So Close)
Slow Dancing
Can't Help Falling in Love
My Wild Irish Rose
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
All I Want is You

So all you ladies with CD burners...might be a fun Christmas gift for the man in your life, or for yourself!

------------------

Here's my suggestions, don't mind me if there is duplicates:

All I Want Is You
Walk to the Water (b-side)
Sweetest Thing (the video is so adorable
smile.gif
)
Unchained Melody
Hallelujah (Here She Comes)
In A Little While
Pop Muzik (b-side.. from the Discotheque single? I don't remember where)
Wire (okay, maybe I'm insane..)
Two Hearts Beat As One
Luminous Times

------------------
the glass is cut, the bottle run dry..
Ari
our love runs cold in the caverns of the night..

Back
Top Bottom