Setlist from Feb 21 2003 god I wish it was recorded.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
I looked at the setlist and the 2nd song Ive been waiting for them to play that since I heard the single for it

Main Set: That's Life, Night and Day, The Hands That Built America

Comments: Bono and Edge perform three songs at the MusiCares Person of the Year tribute honoring Bono. Their set begins with a cover of Sinatra's 'That's Life', and is followed by Cole Porter's 'Night and Day.' They conclude with an acoustic version of 'The Hands That Built America.' The performance wraps up a concert which saw artists such as Elvis Costello, Garbage, No Doubt, Sheryl Crow and others performing covers of U2 songs.

20030221.jpg

Oh, wow, that IS great! How cool would it be if it randomly popped up on VH1 in a few weeks???
I wish I could play the Grammy video, but my computer absolutely refuses to show me videos.

I wrote an email to MusiCares to ask if they are going to broadcast it or maybe sell copies of it to benefit their organization or Bono's cause, but I still haven't heard back :(
I want to see this so bad!!! Night and Daaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!

Good idea! We should all write to MusiCares and ask them to broadcast it! PLEBA girls of the world, unite! The US girls promise to send tapes to those overseas or overborders or wherever you might be!

Schmeg said:
Good idea! We should all write to MusiCares and ask them to broadcast it! PLEBA girls of the world, unite! The US girls promise to send tapes to those overseas or overborders or wherever you might be!

Does anyone have the link to the MusiCares site? I'll be glad to send an e-mail requesting that it be shown.

Well I just got off the phone with this very nice guy from MusiCares and he said that he doesn't think it will ever be broadcasted because there are too many stars to get the rights from to do it :(
He said in the past they have never been able to broadcast these events on tv, nor sell copies, but he agreed it is a great idea! He also told me to keep checking the website, and maybe they will get more video teasers on there soon.

GAHHHH. I want this to be released so badly!! I heard the clip of Bono singing 'Night And Day' :love: it was incredible! His voice sounded amazing (probably because he hasn't been killing himself on tour) if this is any sign of what's happening in the studio, the new album is gonna make Achtung Baby sound like Avril Lavigne (only joking guys, I realise that was somewhat blasphemous) anyway, if anyone is up for picketting at the MusiCares headquarters...

Back
Top Bottom