Serious pic request!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Does anybody have pictures of Bono from that period at the end of the 90s when he was wearing glasses similar to these...

big-pauls-o.c.c-choppers.jpg

Or even if you have pics of the Sweetest Thing video/Elvis Costello type sunglasses, that'd be fine too.

That was one of his best looks ever with the black frames! :cool:

:hmm: When were those taken? That wasn't exactly the image I was talking about. Didn't he wear frames exactly like in the Sweetest Thing video but with yellow lenses?? Or am I losing it? :huh:

BonoFox1 said:
I have a GAZILLION pics with the thick black frames...but herea re few b4 I hit the sack....

Thanks! Do you have ones where the lenses are yellow? :hmm:

A few more of those:

bandbonoangry.jpg

bandpopkmart.jpg

bandpopkmart2.jpg

Unless you meant like the post-Pop ones with the red lenses:

bonopostpopscarf.jpg

I don't think I have any more pictures of those :hmm:

There's also the ones even after that, with the purpleish lenses:

bandpostpopnice.jpg

bandyellowpostpop.jpg

Don't have many pics of those either.

By the way, I liked your other thread :giggle: I was sooo going to post something funny in it, but then it got locked :grumpy:

Edit: I'm slow because I was digging through folders :reject:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Yeah, that's it I guess. But that pair looks like the same one he's wearing in those pics you posted before! I could've sworn he also wore a different style of yellow lenses that weren't as squarish but more rounded. :scratch:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
By the way, I liked your other thread :giggle: I was sooo going to post something funny in it, but then it got locked :grumpy:

:lol:

BonoFox1 :up:

Got any stills from the Sweetest Thing video? Those glasses were different ones I think... they were to die for!

Repeats, shmrepeats. You can never get enough Pop!Bono :drool:
Zootlesque said:
Yeah, that's it I guess. But that pair looks like the same one he's wearing in those pics you posted before! I could've sworn he also wore a different style of yellow lenses that weren't as squarish but more rounded. :scratch:
I think they are the same ones, the yellow ones are all from early Pop-era, so it would make sense that they would be the same glasses, as they're all from the same period. As far as I know, that was the only time Bono really wore glasses like that (they were wonderful while they lasted though :drool: )

Never mind. I think he IS wearing pink lenses in that video! They looked awesome back then but they look hideous to me now. :huh:

5.jpg

7.jpg

Anyway carry on appreciating this hardly discussed highly underrated look of Bono's. :wink:

*takes caps for Zootles*

stcap1nn8.jpg

stcap2gn0.jpg

Granted, I've got a sucky copy of the video (note to self: buy DVD), but they look fairly clearish to me.

EDIT: Of course BonoFox comes through with better stuff than me :wink:

Back
Top Bottom