Sean Bean deserves his own thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lylas

The Fly
Well, since Hugh Jackman got one...

I have such newfound respect (huge honking gaga crush) for the man after seeing him in Fellowship and the Sharpe series. I think the only things I'd seen him in before were Patriot Games and Goldeneye where he did such good jobs playing the baddies that I did not like him at all.

I thought Boromir was going to be another rat bastard, especially after reading the book, but I was absolutely amazed and delighted that Sean Bean's Boromir was incredibly sympathetic and his death incredibly moving. Great interpretation of the role!

And Sharpe just kicks ass. He is a very good honorable man, though I do wish that he'd stop punching people all the time, not that they didn't deserve it.

Post pics, thoughts, recommendations, reviews, etc here.
smile.gif

1-29869.jpg

mainsharpepic.jpg

well, since I'm the one who started the Hugh Jackman thread....(so sue me, he's a hottie and I couldn't help myself
biggrin.gif
)

Yep, I was pleasantly surprised with Boromir. I remember disliking him rather thoroughly in the book, but I found myself feeling empathy for him despite myself in the movie. Sean Bean manages to give the role a good multi-faceted dimension and I wish he would be around for parts 2 and 3. Ah well. I guess I'll have to go rent some of his older movies now.
smile.gif

jnts_0056.jpg

1-37339r.jpg

ta. I'm in a photo hunting mood.

SeanBean_Vespa_177000.jpg

SeanBean_Granitz_299077_400.jpg

SeanBean_DeGuire_298678_400.jpg

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 12-28-2001).]

Sula, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, lol. Alas, no more Sean Bean in the remaining LOTR movies. Well we still have all the remaining lovely men of the Fellowship.

I have begun to hit the video stores already. Got me a copy of Stormy Monday from 1988. And I got the last three eps of Sharpe to go through. Yikes, can't believe I've watched like 1100 minutes of the Sharpe series in 3 days. A good friend of mine had all the eps on DVD.

What I would loved to get my hot little hands on is the BBC production of Lady Chatterly, though I would probably combust if I saw it judging by some of these pics.

ladyc1.jpg

mellors.jpg

[This message has been edited by lylas (edited 12-28-2001).]

Anybody got any pics of that Aragon dude? He's HOT! I think Frodo is very very cute but he's too young for me. Oh what the heck go ahead and post him anyway! I just saw the movie two days ago and had been thinking of starting a thread but didn't know how it would go over here, now I know!
biggrin.gif

From the Lord of the Rings I prefer Orlando Bloom (Legalos) I think that's how you spell it lol. Anybody have pics of him?

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

September, streets capsizing, spilling over down the drain...shards of glass splinters like rain...but you could only feel your own pain... October, talking getting nowhere...November, December, remember. This will never happen again.

I bang things for a living! ~Larry

lylas, I think this may indeed be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Speaking of beautiful....
seanbean3.jpg

630_1085_thumb.jpg

btw, I dunno if I could handle Lady Chatterly...looks too hot to handle.
biggrin.gif

U2Kitten, check out the thread I started with pics of Aragorn or Viggo. More to come if I can find them.
smile.gif

Foadie, here are a few of Orlando Bloom...
07.jpg

1-7479r.jpg

And CatDubh, if your godfather looks like Sean Bean...you got one nice-lookin' godfatha!
wink.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

07.jpg

1-7479r.jpg

This is some good medicine... especially after being sick for 2 days!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"just like a runaway with no escape zone
you'd think I'd find a way you'd think I'd fake one
but all my life's been filled with wanton tragedy

where's my angels I'm a naked soul"
- Angels ~ The Tea Party

SlipStream Soul

Keep Orlando Bloom out of this. This is Sean Bean's thread! Grrrr...

tongue.gif

Nice pics as always Sula! Now I wonder where Sean Bean's Fellowship tattoo is?

[This message has been edited by lylas (edited 12-29-2001).]

Just saw Stormy Monday and I highly recommend it. Sean Bean looks incredibly young in it, and he plays a very innocent sweet young man, very different from any of the other roles I've seen him in. His character gets caught up in a dispute between the owner of a jazz club and a ruthless American real estate developer who has some very shady and violent connections. He also ends up falling in love with an American waitress who turns out to be a part time call girl for the real estate developer.

Sting plays the club owner and does a really amazing and cool job. Tommy Lee Jones and Melanie Griffith are the Americans. The love story plotline between Bean's and Griffith's characters is really quite lovely, and Tommy Lee Jones is his old charasmatically viscious self. Fabulous jazz score and great cinematography too.

stormy8a.jpg

Originally posted by lylas:
Keep Orlando Bloom out of this. This is Sean Bean's thread!

HA HA HA! NEVAH! *evil smirk*
tongue.gif

Originally posted by lylas:
Now I wonder where Sean Bean's Fellowship tattoo is?

Does anyone know what those look like - out of curosity....
biggrin.gif
I guess that's what 2 years on an island will do to people.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Many that live deserve death. And many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?" ~ Gandalf

SlipStream Soul

Well, this is all I know of the tattoos:

All nine actors in the Fellowship got an identical tattoo - "The Nine" written in Elvish. They didn't all get it in the same place though. Sean Astin (Sam) and Billy Boyd (Pippin) got them on their ankle. This is Sean Astin's, on his right ankle:
elvishtatoo.jpg

Elijah's is on the right side of his stomach.
"I don't know how I picked this spot. It just felt like the right place. All I can tell you is when I was getting it, it hurt like a motherfucker!"

Orlando Bloom's (Legolas) is on his right wrist.
"I got mine on my forearm, because I'm an archer."

As for the location of Sean Bean's tattoo, I picked up this snippet somewhere:
Sean Bean was the last to get the tattoo, and claimed it was ?On the other side? from his Sheffield United tattoo!
I don't know how much that helps; I guess we'll just have to use our imaginations
biggrin.gif

------------------
- nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Ah cool! Thanks for the info on the tattoo stefananny.
smile.gif

That means he probably got his tattoo on the upper part of his right arm, since his Sheffield United tattoo is on the upper part of his left arm.

ladyc3.jpg

It's interesting how they've disguised or covered up his tattoo when necessary. In Sharpe, they covered it up with a scar. Went with all the other scars on Sharpe's body.

Gina, I think your new year's res should be to see LOTR!
tongue.gif

I've seen it 3 times too! It gets better every time! *grumbles: now when's the dvd coming out!*

------------------
"Many that live deserve death. And many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?" ~ Gandalf

SlipStream Soul

Silly me! I've been posting under this same thread in the Lemonade Stand forum. I should have known to go to the PLEBA forum first!

Anyway there are a couple of very good Sean Bean web sites out there. Check out The Compleat Sean Bean and Full of Beans.net (sorry, too lazy to type actual addresses). Lots o' pictures and articles. The Compleat is where I found out he was going to be on the Rosie O'Donnell show.

Hey, anyone happen upon the Boromir book mark yet?

Welcome ti-hua! I should have pointed you over here from the Lemonade Stand. Talking about Sean Bean is off-topic, but the scope of the discussion is keeping in the spirit of PLEBA. Plus, seems like a lots of other chaps got there own thread here, so Sean had better be included.

Which bookmark are you talking about? If you're talking about the one from Barnes and Noble, my roommate has one. I'm kicking myself for not getting one too. It's really nice. There's the main picture of Sean and a detail of him blowing the horn of Gondor.

I may need to steal it from her one of these days if I can't find my own. I'm actually a bit more interested in hunting down some of his other work right now, especially Lady Chatterley.
smile.gif

Compleat Sean Bean is a great site. www.compleatseanbean.com.

I've also just joined the Bean buffs group on Yahoo. Winona Kent, who runs Compleat Sean Bean, posts there a lot. It's over at groups.yahoo.com and is just called buffs.

[This message has been edited by lylas (edited 01-01-2002).]

Jtree, that's an awesome pic! *trying to remember which scene in the movie it would be from*

Must get to the video store soon.

-sula

Okay, obviously I'm not getting this... why is it "Compleat" Bean and not "Complete" Bean?
confused.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
*trying to remember which scene in the movie it would be from*

I think it's the scene with the gignormous octopus creature right when there waiting for Gandalf to open the door.

*coughs: geek*

------------------

SlipStream Soul

"Compleat" is an older version of "complete" and the webmistress decided to go with "compleat" so it would ocmplement the "ea" in Sean.

I spend too much time there, if that's possible.

Large, sorry.
mainfeatures-5.jpg

Gee, I hope that works.

Back
Top Bottom