Scruff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How scruffy do you want your U2 guy?

• a little scruff or stubble is sexy, but not much

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • I want a lot of scruff

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I'd like my guy to grow a full beard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like scruff at all, I like my man clean shaven

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • some scruff sometimes, but not all the time, smooth is good too

Votes: 30 46.9%

• Total voters
I voted for clean shaven. In general I don't like facial hair on guys, especially not Bono, Larry, or Adam. Edge looks better with a little scruff, he's the exception to me. What I really don't like is all the guys with goatees out there. I never go out with guys with goatees, they're gross IMHO.

The last option. Sometimes they look better with some scruff, sometimes they look great clean shaven. It depends on how scruffy they are....do you see why I voted for the last option? I just can't choose! :wink:

:drool: Oh, boy, am I ever a fan of stubble!

Observe...

bo2.jpg

bo10.jpg

bo15.jpg

larrymug.jpg

lm2.jpg

lm11.jpg

of course- fence sitter!

the last option so i can have the best of both worlds whenever I want it, on u2 guys and my guy!

Funny that so many of us are totally on the fence about this. Edge looks totally great with whatever beard, moustache, goatee thing he has going, but it would be nice to see his face. Honestly, it has to be like 12 years since he was totally clean shaven.

Scruff is good, as is fur!! :drool: :mac:

I picked clean shaven. I almost always like guys better clean shaven, the one exception is Edge. I am also not a fan of the fur :yuck:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I picked clean shaven. I almost always like guys better clean shaven, the one exception is Edge. I am also not a fan of the fur :yuck:

:lmao: Fur! Ew! When you put it that way, it really doesn't sound very appealing! :barf:

Well, I LOVE stubble as I said before, but I don't think I'd like it all the time. Everything in moderation, right?

dsmith2904 said:
Am I the only one who noticed Edge mesh in the ES video? Stunning![/SIZE] [/B]

NO.

I enjoy scruff on Bono and Edge, Adam and Larry just can't pull it off.

Although seeing Bono clean shaven and smooth and purty is also vurrry nice.

NO SCRUFF!

Bono is prettiest like this, nice hair and no scruff IMO.

bonoab16.jpg

That's what was one of the things that was so great about the AB era- he had to keep his faced shaved for the MacPhisto makeup :yes:

I agree with a couple of you that it's okay on Edge, but just Edge. I was no fan of the Pop scruff I think Bono looked scuzzy then IMO. I also dislike the Electric Storm scruff, it's all long and gnarly like a homeless person IMO. I didn't even tape the video (LOVE the song though!) I'm not saying Bono isn't hot anymore, he is, he looks damn hot in recent pics. It was just in that video he was too scruffy for me. :p Even though Larry was hot during ZOOTV with some scruff I prefer him without it.

I thought they'd be a mixed bag of opinions on this! We got votes for everything except full beard, maybe someone will pick that. Most of you went for sometimes yes sometimes no, that works good I guess since there are always razors and beards always grow back, there will always be some of each. Even if you only get the scruff first thing in the morning when your guy wakes up, before he shaves *sigh* imagine waking up in the bed with a U2 member!:hyper: Could you imagine shaving your guy with some old fashioned hot lather and a straight razor?! Gah!:drunk:

Last edited:
It doesn't matter with the rest but I don't like stubble or scruff or beards on Bono. They roughen his face and make him less attractive to me. Putting scruff on that perfectly shaped, unique, incredibly sexy chin is like throwing ink on the Mona Lisa!

My views on the matter of scruff:

ADAM: I like adam to be clean shaven but I also really like the goatee he had after Zoo Tour

BONO: Bono looks good no matter what kind of facial hair he has!

EDGE: MUST HAVE GOATEE!

LARRY: MUST STAY CLEAN SHAVEN!

:cool:

Savannah said:
Could you imagine shaving your guy with some old fashioned hot lather and a straight razor?! Gah!:drunk:

there is actually a story written on this matter.

check out likeamadonna's Close, (or was it Closer?).

awesome story.

:yes:

:bono: + :edge: = :drool: :evil: :bow: :macdevil:

souLnation2002 said:

awesome story.

:bono: + :edge: = :drool: :evil: :bow: :macdevil:

I would LOVE to read that! But I'm weird like that. It couldn't be any worse than my haircut story:tongue:

My votes;

Edge: yes
Adam: no (unless lumberjack Adam!)
Larry: No
Bono: No (unless I get to shave his face and down onto his neck!:D)

souLnation2002 said:

awesome story.

:yes: :drool: Close (it's Close :yes: ) is so extremely cool! :up:

Close <---Last chapter :drool:

Back
Top Bottom