Scared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
My dad called an ambulance because he thought my mother was having a stroke. Up came this great big fire truck with a compartment in it. Then I saw the paramedics carrying Mom through a hall......she's downstairs at the door. I'm so petrified I can barely type. :crazy: :yikes: :yikes:

I'm waiting for my dad to call me from the ER waiting room. He left about 45 minutes ago now. I'm just frozen from shock and fear. Damn............:yikes: :yikes:

Just got the phone call. She's OK, but has slight paralysis on right side. Mentally she's fine, fully conscious. I'm starting to calm down.

She's going to be okay, she's in the right place now. We'll all be pulling for her :hug: Verte and her mom :hug:

So glad it was not worse! Sounds like it was "relatively" mild. [of course, of something that serious in scope].
But she should recover a whole lot, and even a very good possibility of regaining everything physically.

She'll just have to practice [however upsetting, frustrating that can be] her exercies that she can do away from direct physiotherapy with a therapist.

Ugh, recovering from torn rotator-cuff muscles [shoulder] 13 yrs ago myself [& the force of the rip also gave me close to a hairline fracture], while far less serious by the cause-- slipping on ice while rushing to work, the routine of physiotherapy & practice 'away' from the therapy setting is a similar situation.

I made it worse for myself by my sudden stopping of the routine {of up till that time I'd been good to excellent in practice} about 6 mons after the accident- for about 3 weeks.
The whole shoulder froze up again. I added I think an extra 3 mons or more onto the final recovery time.

I recovered about 95-100% in the muscles, except the location of the bone scar does cause me some mild to moderate problems when my arm goes about shoulder-height higher, but only under certain circumstances/activies. Luckily for me, I wasn't a ballet dancer or gymnist!

So be gentle but occasionally firm with your Mom for her to keep her practice up, so she can be really well again!

again :hug:' s & prayers all your ways. Keep us posted when you have time. Good luck.

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
She'll just have to practice [however upsetting, frustrating that can be] her exercies that she can do away from direct physiotherapy with a therapist.

Yep. And while that may bug her and all that, hey, it's better than being in an unhealthy state, is it not? :).

Your description of your problems sounds painful, too, dazzled. :hug:. Poor thing.

Also, verte, you're very welcome. :) :hug:. And again, definitely glad to hear that it wasn't anything more serious.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Your description of your problems sounds painful, too, dazzled. :hug:. Poor thing.
Angela

Thanks, Moonlit. :hug: The mental shock too. cause I'd never had a real kid's accident [ie falling out of/off of tree or monket bars]. SO other than a nasty ankle sprain at 12, nothing else till then.

It certainly was at the time I did it, and then when they what I can't exactly remeber the name--maybe using unltrasound to help loosen up the muscles in the r. cuff area, while telling me to relax as they moved my arm around :yikes:

Most of the time i wasn't in much pain at all, because i was very careful in the house and then slowly getting around the city as I healed & rehabbed.

Last edited:
When I talked to Mom on the phone yesterday I told her how scared I was during the incident. She told me that she'd been absolutely terrified. I don't doubt it!

Back
Top Bottom