scar on bono's hairline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rini

The Fly
Does anyone know how Bono got that scar (or what appears to be a scar) on the widow's peak area of his hairline? It's more obvious in the earlier photos so it's been there a long time.

Oops - wrong forum. Would one of the mods please move this to PLEBA? Thanks! (If my daughter weren't helping me, I'd be stuck somewhere with no clue what to do. Thanks, Honey!).

I'm going to need a picture of this scar :drool: to properly comment! :wink: (Is that too much like shameless begging? Hm.)

I think he's like my son and whacked his melon on the coffee table one night while playing Star Wars!

I offer this photo as proof that, that is indeed, how it happened:

bonoyoda.jpg

Last edited:
Bono Mot said:
I'm going to need a picture of this scar :drool: to properly comment! :wink: (Is that too much like shameless begging? Hm.)

Sorry; I can't put up a pic...hey, I didn't know how to get to this forum without help!...but look at any picture of him without a hat or hair hanging down in his face (as opposed to the hair growing on the lower part of his face! LOL). You'll see an open space right in the middle of his hairline/forehead junction. Like a 45º angle slash about an inch to inch and a half long (sizes on Bono are deceiving!). It's hardest to see on the latest pix because his hair is thinning, and easy to see on younger pix.
It looks like it could have come from running into a low-hanging object or maybe from a fistfight where he was hit with something.
He did say flying saucers were a daily affair at his house and Ali had a good aim.... hee hee!

If this what you are talking about ?
I think it is more of a natural part rather than a scar !
and it is so sexy , it is just one more feature that makes
Bono , Bono ... :drool:

hairline.jpg

(Stolen from hcbiggs2002, misc. thread -- I hope that's okay, it's pinched strictly for research purposes. ahem)

This is the area we're talking about, then, right at the hairline?

bonoawards4.jpg

Hm. I always thought that was just a little part. <duh>

Um, I think the Star Wars and flying saucers theories are both excellent ones. Unlike the CHIN SCAR, though, I haven't heard any tales of how this scar came about. I think more evidence is needed to determine the exact length and orientation of said scar before any conclusions can be drawn, though. :wink: :whistle: Extreme close-ups of POP Bono may shed some light on this question....

longingforBono said:
I think he's like my son and whacked his melon on the coffee table one night while playing Star Wars!

I offer this photo as proof that, that is indeed, how it happened:

bonoyoda.jpg

:lol: That's creepy and funny at the same time...

U2TRINITY said:
If this what you are talking about ?
I think it is more of a natural part rather than a scar !
and it is so sexy , it is just one more feature that makes
Bono , Bono ... :drool:

hairline.jpg

Yeah! That's it! And the other pix of it, too - you guys nailed it!
There's a recent really close up where you can see his freckles, and it looks like it may be smooth, pinker scar tissue there (I'm really sorry I don't have the pix - I scan through all your messages, looking at the pictures and don't remember where I saw it). But I'm not sure, and I'm wondering if maybe as a kid he got whacked somehow. You know how kids hurt themselves...falling off scaffolding, falling off stages, etc. LOL

BTW, are there any kid pix of Bono besides the beach one with his family when he looks to be about 9? His face is half in shadow and hard to discern. That's the only one I've seen older than a dress-wearing baby on the couch and younger than sixteen years old. Oh, to get into his family album!

JCOSTER said:
I think Bono Mot is right I think it is a natural part or if it is a scar it could be when he fell into the lighting pit years ago.:wink:

Oooh, I don't think I've heard this story - please tell it (You guys know everything!).

I think it was in the late 80's that he fell into a lighting pit hurt his shoulder and cut his chin. He had to wear a sling on his arm and had stiches in his ever sexy chin.

02thudb.jpg

You know, I've been wanting to ask this for awhile now, and maybe this is finally the place for it.... But I have never seen any pics of Bono right after the chin scar injury. We've all seen the (lovely beautiful drool worthy) scar, but I have never seen any pics of say bandages, stitches, or a fresh cut on his chin. Did he really avoid the cameras for that long until it healed to the scar we see now??

And about the hairline, yes I have always just thought of that as his natural (but unique and beautiful) hairline. :)

bonocomet said:
You know, I've been wanting to ask this for awhile now, and maybe this is finally the place for it.... But I have never seen any pics of Bono right after the chin scar injury. We've all seen the (lovely beautiful drool worthy) scar, but I have never seen any pics of say bandages, stitches, or a fresh cut on his chin. Did he really avoid the cameras for that long until it healed to the scar we see now??

I read that he did a concert the following night after laying open his chin (can you imagine the mess?! Gick!); they covered it with makeup so it wasn't visible. Must have been sore.

Anyone know the date he cut his chin open? Were there lots more concerts afterward?

This guy is tough...fresh injury and he still keeps troopin'.

JCOSTER said:
I think it was in the late 80's that he fell into a lighting pit hurt his shoulder and cut his chin. He had to wear a sling on his arm and had stiches in his ever sexy chin.

it was actually two different instances causing the injuries.

one injury (chin) was caused by slipping and smashing his face into a spotlight he was holding at a rehearsal.

the shoulder injury occurred during a different concert on the JT tour when he slipped on a wet stage.

Rini said:

There's a recent really close up where you can see his freckles, and it looks like it may be smooth, pinker scar tissue there...

:ohmy: This area really needs investigation. I now call this picture to the stand to prove whether said area is a scar or a natural hair part!

Hm, I don't recall any bandage pics of the CHIN and it's subsequent SCAR either...not even a band-aid. Now, the shoulder, on the other hand:

ouch1.jpg

ok, I'm at work, where's that pics partner please?......... I mean if you post one, we must have the other! :sad:

ouch2.jpg

If anybody needs to know this, I had a contraption similar to this only for my elbow, and if no one was around to help tighten it, you had to pull on the strap with your teeth. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :wink:

bonocomet said:
Oooooh Bono Mot you're painting pictures in my head again!!! :ohmy: :combust:

(and thanks for the partner pic! :happy: )

I was just saying, being one-armed, you had to hold the leather part in your teeth and pull while you tried to buckle it with your hand. What? :whistle:

Granny, that's a great pic of the hairline...it really just looks like a part to me. Hm.

Back
Top Bottom