Scans of Select magazine 1993!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Some months ago Mr Brau asked if anyone could post scans of said magazine and I voluntered to send him photocopies of, it coz at the time I did have a scanner. But even though I left my e-mail address for him to send me his land address, he never contacted me! :eyebrow: But I still have the photocopies so I decided that if anyone else was interested I'd scan them and post them here.

scover8ox.jpg

spage12ow.jpg

spage24hw.jpg

:ohmy: wow iv never seen this before i carnt wait to read it all thankyou:happy: its amazing to know how bono and gavin meet but edge never seems to have much to say about him considering there so close
:scratch:

thanks for the scans, HC! It was really interesting to read all this. Does anyone know what the falling out between Fachtna O'Ceallaigh, Terry O'Neill and Mother Records was all about? Does Mother Records still exist?

:love: i love the Select feature! I bought that mag when it was out originally&i still have it of course :D :heart:

'his leather pants are way too tight'

do we mind that :wink:

thanks for the scans! I've never seen this one before.. *saves*

hcbiggs2002 said:
Some months ago Mr Brau asked if anyone could post scans of said magazine and I voluntered to send him photocopies of, it coz at the time I did have a scanner. But even though I left my e-mail address for him to send me his land address, he never contacted me! :eyebrow: But I still have the photocopies so I decided that if anyone else was interested I'd scan them and post them here.

Thanks!

You're the best.

Oh dear I've just notice a typo in my first post, actually meant to say that I 'DIDN'T have a scanner', where as now I do! :reject:

As for mother records, as far as I know, it's no longer in existence. I have a long article from Q, that I bought back in 1989, about all the reasons why it was, already even at that stage, failing. The basic reason was that there was no one really in charge of the day to day running of the company and too much major decision making was left up to U2, who were, for most of the time, too busy with there own band projects i.e. producing albums, going on tour etc. :eyebrow:

But I'm glad everyone is enjoying the article! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom