Saw Bono in Toronto!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

souLnation2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
(this happened yesterday)

school ended at usual time, we got our midterm report cards and all, and went home at about 2:50ish, changed and got a ride to the finch station. we got to destination number 1: which was the hotel that U2 usually stayed at, the sheraton center. we staked the place out for a good 2 hours, froze our asses off till about 5, then got a hint that bono was at the westin harbour castle by near union station. so we took the subway and then the street car, got there at about five thirty and wait around. had some hot dogs. we met another fangirl, andrea, and she told us that some of the other guys waiting around for bono were matrix-like. y'know, like agent smith. they keep multiplying and they're basically evil. they want the autographs so they can sell them later on ebay. us fangirls get shoved aside, and they just piss the celebrity off, and that results in the celebrity leaving before the actual fans get into talking range. -grr-

anywho. since the prime minister and the prime minister in waiting and a whole bunch of important people are staying at this hotel, there was a lot of security. some of the crazy matrix guys got sent across the street by the police because they looked suspicious or something. suddenly at about 6:30ish, everyone comes running across the street, so we go running towards the commotion. bono comes out and is immediatly bombarded by the matrix guys and the security guards are trying to keep bono safe and there's lots of pushing and shoving. i managed to go infront of the car, and when he got in, i got a picture! after taking the picture i managed to shove my way into the crowd and get to the side door of the car and give him my bird. he says thank you (accent accent accent!!!!!!!) and kinda half smiles at me. :D

when the car finally drives away, we actually chase it for two blocks. when the car drives stops at the light, we look in the windows and try to get him to roll down the windows for some autographs, but those damn matrix people again! *shakes fist at them* -grr- but you could see through the windows that bono was reading his speech over and looking at his notes. so that's the last we see of him. too bad though.

Anyways, this is the hotel that they stayed at:

e68e5567.jpg

The bird I gave Bono. Was going to give him the rosary, but didn't have the time :(
e5798ab3.jpg

and finally, my only picture of Bono :D
5af4d7e7.jpg

AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! I stayed in that hotel one week ago!!!! :scream: :mad:

But I'm still happy you got to see him! :D

MrsSpringsteen said:
Aw, I'm so happy for you soulnation :) I like your photo too.

That is so cute that you gave him the beanie, is there a special meaning behind it?

I've actually had the same beanie baby since I was young (I gave him a new one, of course!) and I've really loved that thing.

I figured he could give it to one of his kids or something :D

ty_bb_scoop_i.jpg

:cute:

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Maybe some other time you'll get to give him the rosary. That's a beautiful rosary, did you make it?

I didn't actually make it, but at an assembly they were given out to us. The girls at our school made them :)

Blue for Chasity, White for purity :)

That is wonderful! I'm so glad you got to give Bono something, I know how important that can be! :cute: I'm sure it meant a lot to him, too. :heart: gorgeous picture, as well, he looks so beautiful despite all the commotion that was happening!

Thanks for sharing with us! :wave: :)

Great story SouLnation! :up:
I'm happy for you! :)
Too bad the autograph hunters always ruin it for the real fans :(
But its still exciting you were able to give him a gift (so cute, I have that pelican too!) and the pic in the car is beautiful!:drool:

:happy: Hey Soul-glad also that u were able to give him the beanie baby! But really, Poor Matrix guys, they just have nothing else to do,:sad: So Sad, NOT!:madspit: But thank God real fans can still meet Bono! Thank U for the gr-8 pic! He looks Good:kiss:

Great pic!!
Sounds like you had a hard time giving him the pressie but at least you did it brilliant!

Cnada Friday and he told us on Monday that he was back home in Dublin on Saturday!! What a jet set life!! Today New York!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom