save your life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candys room

The Fly
is there a special u2 lyric / or lyric that has really helped you through a bad time, or that helps you when your somewhere you dont wanna be, in a room /city/ state of mind.

ps- UV2001 you didnt do the dishes the tattoos ok, i found big yellow glove LOL
biggrin.gif

Yes! The one that comes to mind right away is Beautiful Day, almost all the lyrics! The stuck traffic, take me to that other place, what you don't have you don't need it now, lots of words, and I know other songs are full of meaning for me too, when I think of them I'll come back here and post them too.

The lines I can relate to the most from "Beautiful Day" are:

"You love this town
Even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over
And it's been all over you"

I don't feel that way about this current town I'm in...but my hometown...everytime I hear those lines, I get so homesick...that little town is small, and it's boring, but it's home...and I love it. *sigh*

"Stuck" has helped me through really difficult times. It still is, actually.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

This summer, I was under a LOT of stress. Way too many classes at once and a job. I wrote a final exam that is pretty crucial to me getting into med school and I blanked out. I just did what I could and handed it in and came home and was devestated.
I came on here and so many people were supportive and my best friend invited me out to dinner and I got in my car and "Beautiful Day" started playing. The line that really hit me was...
The sky falls and it feels like a Beautiful Day.
I stopped crying and actually got out of my car and danced. I was so happy just to be HERE just to be alive and I realized that even if I never got into med school, things are just great.
Btw. I got an 85 on the exam anyway...LOL.
-BLuey

well done with the grade im glad it worked out, hopefully this may turn out a touching and emotional thread and if so i hope the guys get to read it and see how much they help us.

when i was going through a hard time with my Dad i used to play ONE all the time so now when i get upset i always put it on.
I was planning to give birth to the song ONE but unfortunetly he came out to bring it all back (i think that is what its called) by s club 7.the words are very appropiate though lol

Kite - 'I know this is not goodbye'

My father passed away recently and I played Kite at his funeral because the song lyrics became very significant.

I was in a really bad accident last year(I was kicked in the head by a horse while I was trying to help the girl who fell off the horse, smashed my face to bits, almost died but didn't) right before the accident happened, beautiful day was on the radio and I remember I was sort of humming it to myself when I got hurt and it stayed sort of stuck in my head. I heard it on the radio on my way home from the hospital after being there for two weeks and I remenbering crying because I was so happy to be alive. I never felt sorry for myself because like the song, In my darkest hour(I couln't work for months after and as a result I had to give up a lot of things that meant a lot to me, my face is still messed up )a lot of clarity came to me. I went back to school(to become a nurse)and all the little things that used to seem to be such a big deal aren't now. After that I really felt a huge connection to that song and to U2 their music really inspired ne and helped me get through the past year. I went to see them in May at the Air Canada Center and I just wept through Beautiful Day, seeing them and hearing the song live filled me with such overwhelming emotions that I felt silly crying but it was just so moving . It was truly a beautiful night.. thier music is just so powerful, I don't even think they realize how much power they really posess.

The lyrics for Stuck help me right now. Also Kite, becuase my friend Joseph just died in the terrorist attacks. I love U2 for having such comforting lyrics!

------------------
God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"Do you hear the words that are comin' outta my mouth?"

Originally posted by blueeyes:
The sky falls and it feels like a Beautiful Day.
-BLuey

Bluey, that line hits me too... For me it says a lot about faith and more so your outlook on life. There's a lot going on in my family life and at school, financially that is just killing me this semester... ever feel like your entire world is coming to peices around you? It's amazing how much U2's music and particularly Bono's lyrics uplift you. Another one that gets me is "Van Diemen's Land." I can't even pinpoint a verse, it's just the whole thing.

But above all, it's from "Love Rescue Me."

I've conquered my past, the future is here at last.
I'm standing at the entrance to a new world I can see.
The ruins to the right of me will soon have lost sight of me.
Love, rescue me."

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

Back in Sept. I listened to "Peace on Earth" and "Grace" A LOT. It was crazy.

"One" is also an emotional thing for me for some reason. Also the first time I heard "The First Time" I cried like a little girl! It was just so pretty.

Did I mention "Walk On?"
smile.gif
Also a couple years ago when things were bad I listened to "Tomorrow" a lot. *whew*

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

When my first relationship ended, it so happened that I'd just downloaded Bono & U2's songs from the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack. This guy that I'd just broken up with was one of those charismatic bastards who charms everyone and is unspeakably popular, despite being a total jerk. And I'd totally fallen for him. When I sang along with "Ground Beneath Her Feet," "Never Let Me Go," and "Falling At Your Feet," it gave them a new bitterness which I cannot escape when I listen to them now.

-Echo

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
Version 4.0 is at:
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

I would have to say the one line that I can relate to the most is from Wild Horses..."the doors you open, I just can't close" God, up until I heard that lyric I couldn't express my frustration or anger with any sense of purpose. Just really thinking about what it meant and how perfectly it fit into my life helped me adjust to difficult situations.
There are many lyrics that U2 has penned that have profoundly effected me. When my best friend lost his grandpa (who I was close to) in may we listened to Beautiful Day over and over. In fact it was the last song he heard before he passed. At the funeral, in order to keep myself from crying I kept singing Beautiful Day in my head over and over again. I even smiled b/c of it.
~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

I love the part in shadows and tall trees that says :
"Do you feel in me
anything reedeming
any worthwhile feeling
is life like a tight rope
hanging on my ceiling"

I don't know, it just makes me feel there's still hope for a youngster as me...

------------------
I'm hanging on
you're all that's left to hold on to...
I'm still waiting...

"don't let the bastards grin you down"

"you've got to leave it behind"

"we've got to carry each other"

"cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice"

and on and on...

U2 is so helpfull... just with that new song Stuck in a moment, you know they are there to help you...

Back
Top Bottom