San Jose Hotel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faithingrace

War Child
This may be the wrong spot but PLEBA girls know more than anyone else in Interference, I have to get a hotel room in San Jose for the concert. Where do I book? I want best possibility of a chance encounter with the band...no I am not a stalker and would not go looking for them, just like the idea of a possible "sigh"ting.:wink: They stayed at the Fairmont when doing the Ipod intro, anywhere else?

faithingrace said:
This may be the wrong spot but PLEBA girls know more than anyone else in Interference.

k I wouldnt go that far.. lol.

I'd suggest Four Seasons. They always stay there in Seattle...

I'm booking myself a room there just in case...

Gawd, I hope the band doesn't read this.....:ohmy:

Which hotel is closest to the concert venue? I don't want to have to rent a car if I don't absolutly have to.

They usually stay in San Francisco when they do Bay Area concerts. I heard they stayed at the Clift the last tour but before that they were always at the Ritz Carlton, so I'm not sure where they will be!

EPandAmerica said:
Which hotel is closest to the concert venue? I don't want to have to rent a car if I don't absolutly have to.

I think I am going to stay at the Hotel De Anza which is just 2 or 4 blocks away. Call them don't go online, online says they are sold out but when I called there were still rooms.

I'm not a PLEBan girl, but I did stay at the Fairmont in 2001 and it was great. I met Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam there and he loves U2. The rooms are great, but a bit pricey. Good Luck.

I may be there again, it depends.

I live in San Jose and worked downtown for years....
My advice is either Hotel De Anza like faithingrace mentioned... thats the closest to the venue.
Otherwise, Fairmont which is VERY expensive but very nice...or Hyatt St Claire which is across the street from Fairmont but usually a lot less, and still quite nice.
Both of those are a short cab ride away. I have walked it before, but not the best idea to walk it at night....

For the shows I'm staying at the Hyatt St. Claire that U2SJ mentioned, bid on Priceline and got it for $37/night, can't beat that! Of course there's no guarantee one would get that particular hotel but all the 3* and 4* hotels that come up in the Downtown SJ zone are about the same distance and same quality or better.

Good job PopArtist! 37 is a great deal for the Hyatt.
And Reggie....you are so right! If you are with someone there is no danger in San Jose! I always go downtown and wander around with friends at night :wink:
I meant alone you wouldnt want to do it :)
Have fun everyone!! U2 is comin to SJ!!! Whoohooooo! :hyper:

Great job Pop Artist! That is a very nice hotel. It is right next to the California Theater- where the Ipod extravaganza was. A lot of the SJ Arena artists stay at that very hotel. I saw Linkin Park walk out of there one day, as have numerous rap artists.

Last edited:
you guys are making me miss San Jose now...Id stay at the Marriott which is half a block away from the Fairmont and across the way from the CA Theatre they were at for the Ipod show (probably the closet hotel)...best to hang out in the lobby at the Fairmont :wink:

the DeAnza is closest to the venue but any hotel downtown is within walking distance to HP Pavillion..no more than a 10 min. walk. Its completely safe to walk downtown at night..did it for years while going to school there..if I get tickets Ill see you guys there!

Last edited:
Thanks Pop Artist, after hearing about your Priceline hotel I gave it a shot and got the same hotel! So then I bought our plane tickets and I'm coming from Seattle for both nights. I still dont have tickets yet, but I have faith that I will. So if anyone has 2 extra lower level reserved for either night let me know, please!

I might, but I won't know until closer to the date. I'm not sure if I want to keep my GA's and get rid of the seated or vice versa. I won't get the seated until I'm in Seattle however. Will Call you know.

I might but I won't know till closer to the date. I have two GA's and for the 24th and I am getting two seated as well. I don't get the seated tickets till closer to the date/ or at Will Call, but I should know before then which one's I want to keep, so if you can't find tickets by then...

Back
Top Bottom