Salome the song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
I was just thinking about the song Salome ...

It's kind of funny the way Bono sings "Salome." It sounds like he's singing "Salami"
p79.jpg

I mean, I have always pronounced the name Salome as SAL-oh-May ... (like it's pronounced in the song Salome in Sunset Boulevard).

Am I crazy? Can you tell I have finally, for the first time in the long history of being a U2 fan, have heard Salome. Only a U2 fan would be as interested in this as I am.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Which is why I started calling our Salome Salami.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

i haven't actually heard that song (though i've wanted to for QUITE a while...), everytime i see that name i also think of salami...ewwwwww...i don't even like the stuff

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
i haven't actually heard that song (though i've wanted to for QUITE a while...), everytime i see that name i also think of salami...ewwwwww...i don't even like the stuff

It's an awesome song. I just wonder about the pronounciation. Maybe is is saying it that way so it fits in with the rhythm of the song.

Or perhaps he was hungry and was thinking of having a big salami sandwich.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
It's an awesome song. I just wonder about the pronounciation. Maybe is is saying it that way so it fits in with the rhythm of the song.

Someone told me that he was just saying it "sal-OH-may" for the tune, and it was really pronounced like there was no O.
confused.gif
I don't know -- maybe they were wrong?

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by AM:
shake it, shake it, Salami
biggrin.gif

I think talking about shaking one's salami in PLEBA is a dangerous thing.

See ... it's things like this that make Bono call us scary.

------------------
Jessica

--Bono

--Bono

I think talking about shaking one's salami in PLEBA is a dangerous thing.

See ... it's things like this that make Bono call us scary.

It's either the fact that I have only one exam left, or the fact that I'm 17 and in love with 40 yr olds.....but this is really funny to me.

PETE YORN: *rolls eyes*

I loveth this song though BTW. I think it should have been an album song or-- was it a Bside? I have no clue....it was one of them Axxtung thangs.....

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE ~Smiths

I am just for you, as you are not for me ~Pete Yorn

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 05-08-2002).]

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:

Note to self: add Salome to twin's cd.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

thank ye muchly sicy...i stole it from your site *runs away with salami under arm*

wait...salami or salome?
wink.gif

very nice...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

*sings loudly*
"AND I KNOW IT ACHES, AND YOUR CAR IT BREAKS, YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...DRIVE ON"

"Here we are in our 40 ft. lemon. F*@k off!" - Bono

I'm soooo stupid.
When I first saw the title "salome" , I thought it was pronounced like the Jewish words "shalom". AHHAHAHA, I assumed the song was about the Jewish faith!!!
hahahahhahahahhahahah

HAHAHHA rabbi Bono.

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

BTW if anyone wants to hear Salome or remixes of it I have them on my ftp for download. In the remixes folder/propaganda fruits/melon.

ftp://u2:mofo@sicy.interference.com:21000/

If internet explorer doesnt work, use netscape.

password: mofo.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

shake it, shake it, Salami
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Am I crazy?
I'm thinking about changing my career and become a shrink
I'll get back to you

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom