Salma Hayek Hopes To Campaign With Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
This article on Yahoo caught my eye because it was about domestic violence, then I saw what it said at the end..

By IOAN GRILLO, Associated Press Writer Tue Feb 14, 9:46 PM ET

Hollywood actress Salma Hayek has made donations to groups aiding battered women in her native Mexico, calling domestic violence a problem that touches every corner of the globe.

Hayek, nominated for a best actress Oscar for her role in the 2002 film "Frida," on Tuesday made a $25,000 donation to a battered woman's shelter in her hometown Coatzacoalcos, in Veracruz state on Mexico's Gulf Coast.

A day earlier she donated $50,000 to anti-domestic violence groups in the northern city of Monterrey, 435 miles north of Mexico City.

"No woman has to be a victim of physical abuse," Hayek told a Mexico City news conference on Tuesday. "Women have to feel like they are not alone."

The 39-year-old works with the "Speak Out Against Domestic Violence" campaign of the Avon Foundation, which cites statistics that domestic violence affects one in three women worldwide.

"Every woman who thinks she is the only victim of violence has to know that there are many more," Hayek said.

The actress was born in Coatzacoalcos and now lives in Los Angeles. She said the United States is not immune to domestic violence.

"It's not worse here or there, it's a worldwide problem," she said.

Attending the news conference with Hayek was Patricia Espinosa, who heads Mexico's National Women's Institute.

"There has to be a complete rejection of violence against women. Zero tolerance," said Espinosa, whose institute recently sponsored a gritty anti-domestic violence campaign showing national female celebrities bruised and battered under the slogan "Hit one of us, hit all of us."

Hayek is in Mexico promoting the forthcoming release of her new movie "Bandidas."

Filmed last year in the central state of Durango, "Bandidas" is a Western about two female outlaws set in 19th century Mexico. It was written and produced by French filmmaker Luc Besson and stars Spanish actress Penelope Cruz alongside Hayek.

She said she spoke with U2 front man Bono late Monday and that the pair hope to do campaigning together in the future on various social topics affecting Mexico and the world.

Last edited:
She's been all over the place lately, even directed Prince's first video from his new "3121" album, "Te Amo Corazon"..... she did a great job. You can see it on Vh1.com

JCOSTER said:
she better stay away from him.....i'm calling Ali.:mad:

em, hmm, how can I say this... ali does not need to worry. salma is lovely but she'd never be interested in sleeping with Bono.... not her "type"

but she is lovely, a good actress, a nice person, and using her celeb to bring attention to issues is admirable...

but Ali need not worry, well not about b.

I knew someone would have a pic, hopefully a bigger version will surface.

Bono hangs out with beautiful women all the time, it's not an issue and that's not the point of this thread (so can we please not go there :) ). Men and women can work together without becoming involved, and I'm sure Bono is interested in her domestic violence project or whatever other issues they have discussed.

Methinks Jcoster was joking. Let's not get huffy, folks. :grin:

Besides, he hasn't even given Salma a lapdance yet!

MrsSpringsteen said:
I knew someone would have a pic, hopefully a bigger version will surface.

Bono hangs out with beautiful women all the time, it's not an issue and that's not the point of this thread (so can we please not go there :) ). Men and women can work together without becoming involved, and I'm sure Bono is interested in her domestic violence project or whatever other issues they have discussed.
I'm sure he didn't even notice that she was beautiful.:giggle:

kellyahern said:
I had a few pictures, but nevermind now. I'm not going to feed the direction this thread is going in again.

Thank you for the original article Mrs.Springsteen, Souly sent you an e-mail :).

:up:

I simply agreed with you.

I saw the pics and they are wonderful.

Muchas Gracias.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom