RSOC - Xmas meeting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RSOC

The Fly
Hey everybody and welcome to our first ever Xmas meeting. I hope that everybody is fine and having a great time.

I got the Boston DVD from my folks and I?ve been watching it all night. A certain bass player is looking great!!!!

Anyway, let?s get started. So how do you think does Adam spend Christmas??? I always think that he?s invited to his parents place and opens his pressies there. Then moves to his place to have a party
smile.gif

SO what do you think? And did Santa get you any U2 stuff???

boston_adam.jpg

------------------
SPARKY LOVE

check this out -> http://www.rsoc.freeservers.com/

Adam Clayton - YO!!!

adamhot.jpg

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 12-25-2001).]

I signed on just for RSOC this morning!!

Merry Christmas!!

Let's catch Adam under the mistletoe!!
smile.gif
He definitely goes to his parents, ah! can you see him, how cute, exchanging presents and getting hugs! aww! And I know for certain he has a party tonight... everyone's invitations should be along shortly!

adamvest.jpg

adam%20shines.jpg

------------------
"You shout and shout
You're inside out
'til you don't know."

*&* U2 TAKE ME HIGHER *&*

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 12-25-2001).]

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
I signed on just for RSOC this morning!!

same here
biggrin.gif

And I know for certain he has a party tonight... everyone's invitations should be along shortly!

thanks, can?t wait to get mine. I?m getting me tooth brush just to be ready ...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

My Christmas Angel!
Y244335.jpg

Merry Christmas ladies! I hope everyone got what they wished for....we know we were ALL good this year!
smile.gif

Hmm...what's Sparky is doing for Christmas....I hope he is spending a happy holiday with family & friends...I hope he liked my gift! The delivery cost alone cost me a bundle!!
smile.gif

Of course, I will have to ask him when I visit Ireland next summer!! Yaayyyy!!!

------------------
"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting. If you've chosen that instrument you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident" - Adam

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

adam20.jpg

I do so love this pic. Does anyone know what he's singing here or when this was taken?

Merry xmas, guys!

I'm a very happy girl right now. I got a beginner bass for xmas!
biggrin.gif
I've been messing with it all day, and I've figured out Day Tripper and With Or Without You. I'm very proud. Heh.

Just thought I'd share.
smile.gif

izzy (whoo-hoo!)

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.
Perpetual Newbie in the ScottPhisto Society
"I invented cool. And you're on a boat with me." -Larry Mullen, Jr. (at Sellafield)
"Some artists become dull when they stop drinking or drugging, but Adam's not one of them. He's his old self. He loses none of his rubber-band-shooting,water-gun-squirting, public-disrobing spirit when he doesn't drink." - Bono

that's great news izzybeth! good luck with your bass! you seem to be a natural for it!
sadly...i am not making much progress with bass lessons...i am in the process of moving to a new place, so my life is upside down for the time being!

btw...that is a great pic....one of the few in which Sparky was caught singing! What a cutie!
smile.gif

------------------
"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting. If you've chosen that instrument you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident" - Adam

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
izzybeth-try using webshots or google for the pics, but know that tripod and geoshitties don't let us post for some reason.
tongue.gif

Merry Xmas Sparky gals!!

r01_26_u2elevation_adam.JPG

smile.gif

Merry Christmas to April, our honorary RSOC member and my fellow rhythm section lover!!!
i luuved the card! ((big hug))
pour toi...
fM79404.jpg

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

I got Time Out w/ the Adam cover from Sara (Miss Zooropa)!!! Ouch, he's so beautiful it hurts!!
wink.gif

010326r5-35cr-u2.jpg

Merry Xmas, fellow fanatics!! Love ya all!!

Originally posted by CatDubh:
I got Time Out w/ the Adam cover from Sara (Miss Zooropa)!!! Ouch, he's so beautiful it hurts!!
wink.gif

010326r5-35cr-u2.jpg

Merry Xmas, fellow fanatics!! Love ya all!!

what a great gift Cat! maybe we can see the pics soon! *hint*
smile.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

test pic...
okay so it's not really a test pic...i just love this one! baby sparky!
smile.gif

332%3C5%3B%3B923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323237686%3B%3A45nu0mrj

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by izzybeth:
adam20.jpg

I do so love this pic. Does anyone know what he's singing here or when this was taken?

Merry xmas, guys!

biggrin.gif
I've been messing with it all day, and I've figured out Day Tripper and With Or Without You. I'm very proud. Heh.

Just thought I'd share.
smile.gif

izzy (whoo-hoo!)

whoa- i just went to that pic....i can't believe it....what song is he singing??? where can i get a copy?
i will play it every night as i fall asleep.

speaking of asleep, i had my first real Adam dream last night!!!

it was not exciting in the least. the band was playing in a crummy sort of Kmart (but *not* Kmart, you know dreams...) and they were all there, but they were a little *off*. And I was uncomfortable, sitting on the lineoleum listening to them on a bad sound system.

it was so weird!

Originally posted by elizabeth:
speaking of asleep, i had my first real Adam dream last night!!!

it was not exciting in the least. the band was playing in a crummy sort of Kmart (but *not* Kmart, you know dreams...) and they were all there, but they were a little *off*. And I was uncomfortable, sitting on the lineoleum listening to them on a bad sound system.

it was so weird!
well..even though the scenery may have been off...at least you dreamt of them elizabeth, that in itself is a good thing!

frown.gif
sadly, i've never had one! i dunno why...though i did feel my "austin adam elevation experience" was a dream, even though it was very real!

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
frown.gif
sadly, i've never had one! i dunno why...though i did feel my "austin adam elevation experience" was a dream, even though it was very real!

ummm...i have bad fashion sense and a worse memory...did you already tell the story about your adam elevation experience?
if so, re-tell it to me.

i will tell you the abridged version of my story....
well, it was a magical experience for me,(a little background first) i had great seats to the popmart show, but was seated more toward the edge/bono side of the stage!
frown.gif
then for the houston show, i had seats on edgie's side, so i vowed that the next time i would be right in Adam's sight and i did just that at the austin show. so, they came onstage and we made 'an almost' immediate eye contact, you know he scanned the area at first (checking out his side of the stage), the rest of the night was mine! my sister and my friend jen could not believe it! we were giggling like school girls....they kept telling me, he is looking right at you!!! of course i was on cloud 9, it felt so surreal to me. he'd smile that 'fatherly' smile at me and kinda laughed & nod his head b/c i sang along to every single song that night!
i only deviated from him for abit, bono came around to my side, he was like 2 ft from me (totally unobstructed) and i turned away to yell...wooohooo Bono! Bono!! you could say i got carried away in the moment. then i felt a poke at my back, it was jen motioning that Adam was looking right in our direction! I felt soooo bad! he'd noticed me screaming at bono! of course after this i really poured on the 'sparky' love...i kept cheering him on and yelling I luv you Adam!!! that remark brought out the biggest smile from him!
biggrin.gif

the rest of the show was wonderful! he was nice enough to pose for several pics, he even winked at me twice! the whole experience was thrilling, but the time went by so fast!
frown.gif

i still get chills thinking about it b/c i have admired & loved him from afar for half my life! he is a very special person and the fact that he knew who i was for that moment in time made it the best experience for me.

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by izzybeth:

biggrin.gif

Just thought I'd share.
smile.gif

izzy (whoo-hoo!)

that?s so cool. Another bass player in RSOC
smile.gif
Now we are three. If you need any advice, tabs or anything just ask. My e-mail addy is in my profile. I?ve been playing for 3 years now and I love it.

And - Adam loves female bass players
biggrin.gif

------------------

of course after this i really poured on the 'sparky' love...i kept cheering him on and yelling I luv you Adam!!! that remark brought out the biggest smile from him!

that?s so cute

*sigh

I didn?t manage to make eye contact with Adam in Slane. Only Bono looked at me, but that?s NOT the same!!!

*sigh

------------------

*sniff sniff*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
yayyy Adam is SO awesome! I LOVE how he is constantly looking into people's EYES in the audience! It is so thrilling to look up and see HIM looking right back!

Yay Maria!!!
smile.gif

Adam would love his bevy of beauties in the RSOC!!! he'd probably love the fact that we LUST after him!
smile.gif

a friend of mine who has met other rock stars asked the question..."do you really get to see the audience and notice ppl in the crowd?" and she sez that they do scan the audience and if they see something that pleases their eyes they tend to hang around 'that side of the stage' and interact with the audience. mind you, these rockstars (aerosmith, creed, etc) she has met are of a different sort than Adam or the rest of U2, but they are men. We all love to be flattered and admired and I am glad that I was able to do that for him!
biggrin.gif

------------------

"they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon y'know i don't see you when she walks in the room..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

a few of my elevation pics....

this one is from Jen's angle (she is an Edge girl) sad b/c she could only see her beloved from afar! the sacrifices my friends make so i can have my sparky pics! actually i was not holding a camera, i was too busy cheering Sparky!!

332%3C6%3C6323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323237675858%3Cnu0mrj

here is another...
332%3C6%3C6323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232376759425nu0mrj

and a great one of Sparky interacting with Bono!
smile.gif

332%3C6%3C6323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232376758%3A88nu0mrj

------------------

"they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon y'know i don't see you when she walks in the room..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

a few of my elevation pics....
332%3C6%3C6323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323237675858%3Cnu0mrj

That's about where I was in Salt Lake City.

My scanner isn't very good, but:
13.jpg

smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

[This message has been edited by On The Edge (edited 12-27-2001).]

oooooh- those were so good.

i have some fairly good shots from Tampa (the ONLY concert i took a camera to...how dumb am I?) but I am so slow about getting them scanned. sorry.

but i was on adam's side of the stage.

speaking of....i was watching the tape my dad made me of the freeview from Direct TV...and i freaked out during this one shot where Edge was on ADAM'S SIDE and Adam was on EDGE'S SIDE!

who knows when they picked sides? is that standard for bass v. guitar?

i love adam's side. and his sides. and his chest. and his pants.

Originally posted by elizabeth:

i love adam's side. and his sides. and his chest. and his pants.

I love adam's side too. and his arm. and his hand. and his foot. and his hair. For that matter, I also love his pants, and his glasses, and his long-sleeve Ts.
And I love his instrument. It's like vibrations.

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

OMG skinny minny adam Maria!!!

you think so Carrie?!? i think he looks slender but really toned where it counts!
biggrin.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by On The Edge:

And I love his instrument. It's like vibrations.

*sings* I'm pickin' up good vibrations...he's givin' me EXCITATIONS!

Cool pics chicas!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Okay, found some awesome pics that I haven't seen before...

I'll stop the world and melt with you...
adam11.jpg

adam5.jpg

OMG, they are BOTH so hot here!
64_b.jpg

BlueRSAdamSm.jpg

Oh, lordy, am I droolin' now...gotta run quickly and get a rag to clean myself with...I'll take a break, but I may be back with more!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

i only deviated from him for abit, bono came around to my side, he was like 2 ft from me (totally unobstructed) and i turned away to yell...wooohooo Bono! Bono!! you could say i got carried away in the moment. then i felt a poke at my back, it was jen motioning that Adam was looking right in our direction! I felt soooo bad! he'd noticed me screaming at bono!

Shame on you Maria!
biggrin.gif
*GMAO*

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~

Back
Top Bottom