RSOC - Xmas meeting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by sparkys girl:
of course after this i really poured on the 'sparky' love...i kept cheering him on and yelling I luv you Adam!!! that remark brought out the biggest smile from him!
biggrin.gif

the rest of the show was wonderful! he was nice enough to pose for several pics, he even winked at me twice! the whole experience was thrilling, but the time went by so fast!
frown.gif

i still get chills thinking about it b/c i have admired & loved him from afar for half my life! he is a very special person and the fact that he knew who i was for that moment in time made it the best experience for me.

*sniff sniff*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
yayyy Adam is SO awesome! I LOVE how he is constantly looking into people's EYES in the audience! It is so thrilling to look up and see HIM looking right back!

Yay Maria!!!
smile.gif

Originally posted by elizabeth:
speaking of....i was watching the tape my dad made me of the freeview from Direct TV...and i freaked out during this one shot where Edge was on ADAM'S SIDE and Adam was on EDGE'S SIDE!

who knows when they picked sides? is that standard for bass v. guitar?

I just saw a video of their first ever appearance on telly which was back in 1978 and they have already picked sides back then.

I don?t think that there are any standard sides for bass or guitar or whatever. It?s just what you pick. I was on the right hand side (Edge?s side) on my gigs.

But do you guys remember when U2 used to play 40 and Edge and Adam not only changes sides but also instruments??? I loved that and Adam?s odd sounding guitar is one of my favourites on UABRS
smile.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

who knows when they picked sides? is that standard for bass v. guitar?

I think U2 is one of the few bands where the bassist, our wonderful Lord Adam, stands on the right and Edge stands on the left... most other bands are opposite... but of course, it's like AM said, you pick and choose.

------------------
"just like a runaway with no escape zone
you'd think I'd find a way you'd think I'd fake one
but all my life's been filled with wanton tragedy

where's my angels I'm a naked soul"
- Angels ~ The Tea Party

SlipStream Soul

Hello everyone... sorry I am late. I'm surprised we don't start caning for lateness! LOL - jk. Obviously my fever is getting to my head.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was marked with much food, laughter, and sillyness. Of course, illness and the slaughtering of deer came soon afterwards on an ill fated snowboarding trip! Ha ha ha... *hugs* I hope all is well.

Peace,
JT

------------------
"Many that live deserve death. And many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?" ~ Gandalf

SlipStream Soul

hello hello RSOC girls!

care to pass along any advice to a novice bass player? anything at all! tiny, obvious things that a new player wouldn't think of, really cool tricks, learn from music or tab? anything!

I am slowly hacking my way through the U2 albums.

what other bands would you move to if you were me??

any info would be great. thanks.

BTW- i love my bass. It's used, it's resonant, powerful, it's not fancy, but it is just so damn sexy!

Originally posted by J-Tree:
Hello everyone... sorry I am late. I'm surprised we don't start caning for lateness! LOL - jk. Obviously my fever is getting to my head.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was marked with much food, laughter, and sillyness. Of course, illness and the slaughtering of deer came soon afterwards on an ill fated snowboarding trip! Ha ha ha... *hugs* I hope all is well.

Peace,
JT

JTree! we'd been missing you! glad to hear that you are well!
smile.gif
((big sparky hug))
sorry to hear about the deer...i almost got killed in a rollover b/c my friend did not want to hit the deer! she totaled her new jeep, but we did not hit the deer... c'est la vie, i guess!
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer....she's imagination

what other bands would you move to if you were me??

What kind of music do you like?

I usually groove to the Tea Party, Duran Duran, Collective Soul, and Jamiroquai. The latter being next to impossible to play since Nick Fyffe is so bloody awesome!

Happy Bassin'

------------------
"Many that live deserve death. And many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?" ~ Gandalf

SlipStream Soul

BTW- i love my bass. It's used, it's resonant, powerful, it's not fancy, but it is just so damn sexy!

that?s what I like, girl!!!
smile.gif

what kind of bass did you get?

advice? well, try and get lessons. A good teacher can show you more in a couple of sessions than all those online bass lessons combined! I mean it.

regarding other bands. I love to play along to Sting/Police, Beatles, REM, Bob Marley and whatever song I like on the radio. I think it?s important to play different kinds of music and not restrict yourself to any specific kind.

like J-tree said: happy bassin
smile.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Back
Top Bottom