RRHoF Part 2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
64ddbc31.jpg

3d30e09a.jpg

82e82450.jpg

9e804867.jpg

3406b29b.jpg

U2Girl1978 said:
Can anyone tell me the reason why he wears his sunglasses? Is it because of the bags under his eyes? What? Please tell me. It's a bit frustrating.

LOL! Have you seen the SNL Colin Farrell sketch? They address this question, and it's pretty hilarious. "Are you a California raisin?"

*cough* Sorry. Off-topic. LOL. These pictures are lovely... Adam RULES! :up:

Nerfherder said:

LOL! Have you seen the SNL Colin Farrell sketch? They address this question, and it's pretty hilarious. "Are you a California raisin?"

*cough* Sorry. Off-topic. LOL. These pictures are lovely... Adam RULES! :up:

Ohhh... :( So it is because of that...Does anyone have the pictures taken from Blackbook? thanks!

Dammitt! My frickin ISP decided to die on me last night while I was on here waiting for more pics and the blogger guy to finally come back! I wanted to scream!!!

But now, these pics are WONDERFUL! I just can't wait to see the show on Saturday.

Also, am I the only freak who noticed that Bono's ring moved from his pinky to his ring finger in some of the pics?

U2Girl1978 said:

Ohhh... :( So it is because of that...Does anyone have the pictures taken from Blackbook? thanks!

Well... No. I was just kidding in my other response. As to the truth, I think he's just grown so accustomed to wearing them over the years. It's his trademark and part of his public persona, I guess. And I'm sure he probably must *like* wearing them.

He doesn't wear them all the time, though... He usually takes them off during concerts and I'm sure he doesn't wear them around the house. ;)

trish0860 said:
Dammitt! My frickin ISP decided to die on me last night while I was on here waiting for more pics and the blogger guy to finally come back! I wanted to scream!!!

But now, these pics are WONDERFUL! I just can't wait to see the show on Saturday.

Also, am I the only freak who noticed that Bono's ring moved from his pinky to his ring finger in some of the pics?

like in the award pic SpanishEyes21 posted above, I think that's Edge's hand :scratch: It's hard to tell who hand belongs to who :lol:

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:
Can anyone tell me the reason why he wears his sunglasses? Is it because of the bags under his eyes? What? Please tell me. It's a bit frustrating.

Because he can
Because he wants to
Because they look good
Because he's Bono and that's what he does

:shrug:

Excellent pics everyone :drool:

I need to get right clicking and saving! :wink:

Nerfherder said:
Uggh... What the hell? The CZJ pics are irritating. It looks like she's pretty much clinging to Bono's arm.

:angry:

Wouldn't we all, though! :wink:

Ancalagon said:

:combust:

What's this about California raisins? :confused:

During the skit, they asked "Bono why he wore glasses"

something like

"are you blind?"
"no"
"do you have cataracts?" (or something equally goofy)
"no"
"are you a California raisin?"
"no"

It was cute :wink:

Nerfherder said:
Uggh... What the hell? The CZJ pics are irritating. It looks like she's pretty much clinging to Bono's arm.

:angry:

Yeah, but it looks like she's sitting next to her hubby Michael Douglas, and that Bono's singing to both of them. Yeah, he is holding her hand, but facing her hubby.

Still annoying that she gets the hand holding - grrr! But I guess Michael D. would not agree to hold Bono's hand ;)

Miroslava said:

During the skit, they asked "Bono why he wore glasses"

something like

"are you blind?"
"no"
"do you have cataracts?" (or something equally goofy)
"no"
"are you a California raisin?"
"no"

It was cute :wink:

Yeah! There was also "Do you have a migraine?"

kellyahern said:
He wears his sunglasses at night
So he can so he can
Watch you weave then breathe your story lines
And he wears his sunglasses at night
So he can so he can
Keep track of the visions in his eyes

I knew that song would come in handy someday :lmao: :wink:

:lmao:

No california raisin. "Irish vine" is more like it.
He wears them because he feels more comfortable with them, and probably less exposed. I wish I could see his eyes more often.

Last edited:
Back in '94:

Q: Why have you persisted with the sunglasses?
Bono: I have to have the goggles because of their posing...um...um...posing...erm, posing... what's the word I'm looking for?
Q: Posing pouch?
Bono: Yes, posing pouch. They have a certain posing pouch appeal. They are also very handy if you have a migraine. They protect the baby blues.
Q: Do you get migraines?
Bono: Yeah, I get them from flash guns.

LostAtMoon said:

:lmao:

No california raisin. "Irish vine" is more like it.
He wears them because he feels more comfortable with them, and probably less exposed. I wish I could see his eyes more often.

I would like to see them more often also. But back towards Elevation he didn't wear them as much as he's wearing them now. I think I've seen him w/o his glasses just 3x this year! Oh well...He's still sexy even though he wears those glasses. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom