Rolling Stone pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
from Muchmusic, I believe

U2SavesTheWorld said:

Also, Bono's got a big fat ring on...its very impressive.

Larry gave Bono that ring. And Bono joked that he lost the first one Larry gave him, so L gave him a smaller one, and if he could keep it without losing it, he would get an upgrade from Larry. :lol: Guess he got the upgrade!

Re: from Muchmusic, I believe

oliveu2cm said:

Larry gave Bono that ring. And Bono joked that he lost the first one Larry gave him, so L gave him a smaller one, and if he could keep it without losing it, he would get an upgrade from Larry. :lol: Guess he got the upgrade!
:ohmy: Wow. I want to be in a band with Larry! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Rainbow said:
I found this one...

n020929_01.jpg
mick looks like he hasn't eaten for a month...and like he's gonna have a lunch right now-by EATING BONO!!!!!!!!!!!!:)no:)

CMM said:

Keith Richards=Night of the Living Dead:barf:

HAHA! When I went to Sam Goody to buy this Rolling Stone, the guy at the counter took one look at Keith on the cover and said "that's not really HIS skin, is it?" and I said "dunno, I'm not exactly buying this for it's cover...."

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

HAHA! When I went to Sam Goody to buy this Rolling Stone, the guy at the counter took one look at Keith on the cover and said "that's not really HIS skin, is it?" and I said "dunno, I'm not exactly buying this for it's cover...."

BWAHAHHAH!!! :laugh::lol::lmao::laugh::hyper::lol:

CMM said:

*Cocks head to side*
*Covers Mick and.... *Shudder* Keith*

There. Better. :)

Keith Richards=Night of the Living Dead:barf:

ugg I know. have you seen the cover of rolling stone (the issue that pic is in)? yuck! It made me nausous to look at it...:no: and I think bono has been packin on a few since the tour ended. Like I should be talking lol sitting on my ass at home! :lol: oh well more to love.

Keith kicks ass, especially for somebody his age...kudos to him for bein' brave enough to go shirtless on a magazine cover, especially considering we are in a society where beautiful people tend to rule the covers.

Bonochick said:
Keith kicks ass, especially for somebody his age...kudos to him for bein' brave enough to go shirtless on a magazine cover, especially considering we are in a society where beautiful people tend to rule the covers.

I agree 100%!!!!

Bonochick said:

:up:

FLARG!!!!

I came here to swipe the pic that Rainbow posted to use as my new wallpaper at work, and it is a red x!!!! :sad:

I hope that the server is just down and that it will reappear later!! If not, did anybody save it so that it can be reposted???

:banghead:

Well...if nobody has it...I guess I can use a hot pic of Brett Favre that I found for my wallpaper instead...

:drool: Brett :drool:

*smacks myself for veering thread off track*

Umm...anyways...

As you were!

MiniFly said:
:shifty: Don't hurt me, but Bono doesn't look that good at all there, and I'm a Bono-girl!

Yeah well it looks like you get off the hook free, and pinkfloyd got off easy too. When I said I didn't like this pic on an earlier thread, I got flamed, scolded and lectured at length by know-it-alls.:shrug:

The day the first pics came out, the fans on the Rolling Stones board were reporting they didn't recognize Bono when he came on stage, with his suit, short haircut and 20-30 pound weight gain (their words) since the Elevation tour. Just because you don't like all pics of Bono doesn't mean you are a bad fan or a bad person who needs a spanking!

Desire4Bono said:

Yeah well it looks like you get off the hook free, and pinkfloyd got off easy too. When I said I didn't like this pic on an earlier thread, I got flamed, scolded and lectured at length by know-it-alls.:shrug:

Oh Please!!!!!!! You have been saying for weeks that you don't like the way Bono looks anymore. Anytime there is a recent picture of him, you make with the :yuck: and say he looks fat, or dresses like a geek, or what have you. Then you say that you wonder why you even come in here anymore, because Bono is no longer "Rock Star" enough for you. No don't be making yourself out to be the victim here. It is one thing to say "I don't like this picture," It is clearly another to say "I think he looks like a geek, and not longer meets what I want in a rock star"....Sure it is not his best picture, but you know something, Bono will always be more than just a pretty face. Even in his worst pictures he is still more appealing to me than your "Average Rock Star," just simply for who he is and what how his music has changed and saved my life.

So you can go ahead and kvetch about how Bono is not the Sex Rock God......but, (and I think I can speak for most people here) to me my love for him goes way deeper than the wrinkles on his face, the clothes he wears, and his weight.

I think he's been working on his pecs - LOL.

Nah, don't flame me. Of course he's gained a few, after all he's hobnobbin, not running laps around a heart daily. He still looked awesome the next day on Oprah. Love that cutie pie smile w/o the glasses.

Desire4Bono said:
bad person who needs a spanking!

:ohmy: Spanking? ;)

I'm sure no one was trying to attack you or say that anyone was a bad fan fan for not liking this picture... but it's sometimes a bummer when we're having a droolfest and then people come in and poop on our good time :( But that doesn't mean that we don't respect your opinon, but I think that goes both ways... I respect you, you respect me and we are a happy family (Ramones, anyone?) :)

daisybean said:

Oh Please!!!!!!! You have been saying for weeks that you don't like the way Bono looks anymore. Anytime there is a recent picture of him, you make with the :yuck: and say he looks fat, or dresses like a geek, or what have you. Then you say that you wonder why you even come in here anymore, because Bono is no longer "Rock Star" enough for you. No don't be making yourself out to be the victim here. It is one thing to say "I don't like this picture," It is clearly another to say "I think he looks like a geek, and not longer meets what I want in a rock star"....Sure it is not his best picture, but you know something, Bono will always be more than just a pretty face. Even in his worst pictures he is still more appealing to me than your "Average Rock Star," just simply for who he is and what how his music has changed and saved my life.

So you can go ahead and kvetch about how Bono is not the Sex Rock God......but, (and I think I can speak for most people here) to me my love for him goes way deeper than the wrinkles on his face, the clothes he wears, and his weight.

As I said, lectured at length by know-it-alls. :yawn:

So the others didn't go into detail on why they didn't like the pic. They were probably thinking it, so it's no difference. Please spare me the self righteousness. And moonie can spare me her lecture too when she sees this. Ho, hum :yawn: I am just as good a fan as any of you, and I don't need to be flamed, scolded and lectured at length by know-it-alls. I probably care more for this band, have had more feelings for them and know more about them than you ever have. I just don't like some pics. Big deal really. :huh:

OH! BTW this pic is actually not so bad! Kind of cute! The one I didn't like was the first one posted from a distance in the dark, and I got a bad impression of it. The point is not even the pic, it's the attitude I get for my expressions. Just can it. I don't care what you think. :p

Thanks for trashing a nice little thread

Desire4Bono said:

As I said, lectured at length by know-it-alls. :yawn:

Ya know something....don't even try to start an argument over who is a "better fan".....it's pointless, and a waste of energy....if you want that type of discussion go to the wire.

:sigh:

I was gonna to reclarify my previous post, however, I think for some it is all about the drama and the arguement, and I am not going to feed into that.

Re: Thanks for trashing a nice little thread

daisybean said:
I was gonna to reclarify my previous post, however, I think for some it is all about the drama and the arguement, and I am not going to feed into that.

Good for you (and I mean that with no sarcasm) :yes:

You know...I love this picture, and this was a nice thread...if I end up having to close it cuz folks are fighting, I'll be disappointed.

People are entitled to their opinions. As long as they are presented in a civil-manner and are not personal shots at fellow members...respect them...even if you disagree. If you disagree, debate it...in an equally civil manner. If you feel you are unable to do that, just let it go.

I know this thread hasn't gotten horrible like that yet or anything, but I'm just taking precautions so that it doesn't take a nasty turn.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled droolin'. ;)

BTW...I am so glad that picture is showing again!!!!! *right-click, save* :D

hippyactress said:

Though Brett Favre wouldn't be bad either ;)

I printed it out and hung it up in my cubicle instead. :D

I have to be careful though...now that I live downstate, I am surrounded by Lions fans! :shifty: :der:

:D

hippyactress said:

As I said before, you respect my opinion, and I'll respect yours.

Wouldn't it be much easier in a Bono thread to say nothing if you don't admire a certain pic, rather than imparting a negative vibe?

I certainly think some pics are not the most flattering, but as a loving fan I just butt out. IMHO.

Edited cause I wanted to add this - There is enough negative shit in the world. The love in here is a great reminder of how things can be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom