Rockaway, NY plane crash...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Don't know if any Pleba's are from the Rockaway, NY area, but there was a major plane crash there this morning....possibly 260 people on the plane!
frown.gif
frown.gif

Just want to make sure everyone's okay....

This is kind of scary news for those of us planning on flying this week...
frown.gif
(flying makes me nervous anyway)

------------------
Disco
------
M.O.M.M. of E.B.O.C.

http://community.webshots.com/user/gudagirl

http://community.webshots.com/user/discoteque
--------------------
Bono just has such an incredible ability to harness the crowd's energy and feed it straight back to them, resulting in what seems like communal ecstasy.I've never seen anything quite like it. Our Bono is indeed a mighty force. He walks into a room and all the air gets sucked right out. He is completely magnetic. - Shirley Manson, on Bono

yes, it's very sad, disco.
frown.gif
all we can do is pray for those who lost their lives. i, too, was planning on flying this weekend. not sure what i'm going to do now...
frown.gif

Hmm, nice to read from a computer in an airport. I'm waiting for a flight right now.
That is so sad to hear, and not a little disturbing as I look at my boarding pass.
My heart goes out to the victims famllies.
Hugs...You all are great.
-Bluey

I can't believe this...it's like...enough...we've had enough. This plane crash doesn't directly affect me, nor did Sept. 11th, as I didn't lose anyone in these tradgedies, but is anyone else feeling really overwhelmed by all of this...When I went to NY two weekends ago, I went down to ground zero, and could not believe how moved I was. The ash is still thick in the air, and it is just such a mournful site, and to see all of these people volunteering and giving selflessly of themselves...it was just too much. And now this...I feel like I shouldn't be this affected, but I am. The song by "Live" came on the radio on the way home from class and I had to pull over I was crying so hard. My heart breaks for these people...

LeighAnne (a nickname just doesn't seem appropriate at a time like this)

Prayers for all the victims.

It certainly is difficult to deal with all this news. But thankfully you all are safe. My sister in-law just returned from a Red Cross stint at Pier 94. She worked as a counselor for two weeks and told us all about the "bear walk" and how she helped families give complete detailed DNA interviews. She also helped families while they received personal effects and urns. She said it was extremely emotional.

Right after the plane crash this morning, they called her to ask her to come back. She wants to, especially after this morning's crash. So many people need our help and prayers.

Love and hugs to you all!!!!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

As you know from seeing my sig many times, I live in NYC, and had a very close friend who died in the attacks. Also...I had a friend in Rockaway. I spend hours trying to get hold of her cause the phones were down...but finally she called me on her cell phone! Her apartment was right on the edge of the fires, and just got spared. She's living with me for a while until things settle down. New York is shaken again...gosh give us a break! Grrr Well that's my horror story. God Bless America and NYC Forever

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"After all it is the Larry Mullen band."

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

This is awful...but I'm glad to hear your friend is OK Foadie!!

------------------
Tonight this city belongs to me...

Originally posted by Foadie:
As you know from seeing my sig many times, I live in NYC, and had a very close friend who died in the attacks. Also...I had a friend in Rockaway. I spend hours trying to get hold of her cause the phones were down...but finally she called me on her cell phone! Her apartment was right on the edge of the fires, and just got spared. She's living with me for a while until things settle down. New York is shaken again...gosh give us a break! Grrr Well that's my horror story. God Bless America and NYC Forever

I am sorry to see that you and your friend and city are going through such sorrow and pain again. My heart and prayers go out to you all. God Bless.

What happened? I just got home! *is confused*

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, Give me Soul

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

Originally posted by WildHonee:
What happened? I just got home! *is confused*

There was a plane crash this morning in Queens in area called Rockaway. An American Airlines flight from JFK on route to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic crashed into a neighborhood in Rockaway. It looks like mechanical failure, but terrioism has not been ruled out. The plane crashed 3 min. after take off. Parts of the plane fell apart, before the main portion of the plane fell into several houses. It is bad, all the people on board were killed and there are I think 6-8 people in the neighborhood missing. The accident occured around 9:00 AM this morning.
frown.gif

omg
frown.gif

<--- gave up watching the news 2 months ago

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, Give me Soul

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

Back
Top Bottom