Ridiculous question......but.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
.has Bono ever openly ridiculed or critised other bands or singers???

if so, I cant remember them, can u?

remember what was said?????

I know Im prob being ridiculous, but just curious?

or any other members of the band????

smile.gif

The only thing I can think of was at the 2000 MTV Video awards, he had said something in reference to the bubblegum pop being crap. Although I don't think he named anyone in particular.

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

Originally posted by mad1:
.has Bono ever openly ridiculed or critised other bands or singers???

if so, I cant remember them, can u?

remember what was said?????

I know Im prob being ridiculous, but just curious?

or any other members of the band????

smile.gif

adam made fun of phil collins to his face.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Really??? LMAO!!!! What exactly did he say??? DETAILS!

Seriously!@*? Quite the ballocks Adam. I also would like DETAILS!!!

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

OKAY I got this one covered.. heh, this shoudl go in the Flannagan Bible thread cos that's where I'm copying it from. And... excuse me while I type out almost a whole page.

U2 arrive back in Dublin for the winter in time to do a TV satellite hookup with Los Angeles, where Phil Collins is hosting the televised Billboard Music Awards show. When Collins announces that U2 has won the award for 1991 Billboard Number One Rock Artist, he goes to a live satellite feed from a Dublin pub called the Docker, where Adam, Bono, and Edge are drinking Guinness and looking lubricated.
"Well done, lads!" Collins shouts across the waters.
"Hi, Phil," U2 mumbles. It's 1:30 in the morning in Dublin and the locals are still doing double takes at seeing a forty-foot trailer and a twenty-foot satellite dish parked outside the tiny pub.
"Your song 'One' has won the Number One Modern Rock Tracks Artis Award," Collins announces. "Bono, everybody always says you talk. I wonder where's Larry. Is Larry there? Let's give the drummer something."
"Larry isn't here, Phil," Edge tells the drummer-turned-singer. "He's acting a bit funny these days. You know how drummers get weird when they start singing."
"I understand," Collins says, plowing ahead. "The Zoo TV tour is also Billboard's Number One Concert Tour of the Year, meaning more people spent more money to see you guys than anybody else. So if you need an opening act, I'm here, guys. I believe the barman, Paddy, is going to give you the awards."
The white-haired bartender slams down a trophy in front of Adam, who says to the camera, "Phil, Paddy's a very big fan or your music. And so are all our parents."
"I'm not that old," Paddy mumbles, causing much of the bar to break up laughing.

uh, yeah, that's about it.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

TWIN! I just read that last night!
biggrin.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
it's only that funny to me because his parents are my grandparents age, and technically, adam could be my father...ewwww...that makes it ever so dirty...

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

Originally posted by Kristie:
The white-haired bartender slams down a trophy in front of Adam, who says to the camera, "Phil, Paddy's a very big fan of your music. And so are all our parents."
"I'm not that old," Paddy mumbles, causing much of the bar to break up laughing.

LMAO!!! I can't believe I forgot about that!! I seriously need to reread that book...for the third time
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom