request: Bonosleeves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoBlackCatJacket.jpg

BonoLiveAid.jpg

BonoScreamCam.jpg

MattFromNYC said:

that doesnt even look like bono. :huh:

whats that pic from?

Matt, it's definitely Bono, if for nothing other than the fact that that's definitely Ali. You and your Bono conspiracy theories! :tongue:

I'm pretty sure it's from a funeral (hence the black and lack of Bono accessories like the shades and the beads), but I can't remember whose....

I love Bonosleeves. I've worn my sleeves like that my whole life, long before I knew of Bono sleeves! So yay Bono, I like your style! :)

grammys20028.jpg

Bonoinblack.jpg

one5-04.jpg

Adam bonosleeves
u2fire2001.jpg

Edge bonosleeves
ipodlaunchbonoedge20042.jpg

Hmmmm... is there a pic out there somewhere of Larry in Bonosleeves? :ohmy:

cruzila said:
Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! In the form of.....BONOSLEEVES!!!

I may be dating myself with mention of this cartoon circa 1977.
:

:giggle: Wonder Twins. I love this thread!

3 pages on sleeves? :huh:

We all get our kicks out of different things for sure, but photos on their sleeves? Can everybody just picture Bono going "what the ??? " :scratch:

thankyou said:
3 pages on sleeves? :huh:

We all get our kicks out of different things for sure, but photos on their sleeves? Can everybody just picture Bono going "what the ??? " :scratch:
... I think he'd do that by every thread here :lol: :lol:

may I note that *I dont know how to call it in english* Bono has a pretty cool thingy at the zipper of his vest... I wonder why he had his hoody on the whole time... it makes his face looks weird :s
lunch19ed.jpg

Hey that is a pretty cool zipper thingy Gg! Only I just can't figure out how you even noticed it there???! ;)

Ok, judging by some of these pics, I think we need a clarification on Bonosleeves. Bonosleeves are not just ANY sleeves. They're the ones where they're overly long and extend way past the wrist.

:shame:

bonocomet said:
Hey that is a pretty cool zipper thingy Gg! Only I just can't figure out how you even noticed it there???! ;)
you know me... I see the whole picture... no actually, I found it on Bonoonline.com... and the image gallery is like this when you open a pic on fullsize, it opens at the bottom of the pic....
:wink: I know what you're thinking.. and no I am not THAT bad...

euhm miro... my pic is fitting in your context right? :reject:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Ok, judging by some of these pics, I think we need a clarification on Bonosleeves. Bonosleeves are not just ANY sleeves. They're the ones where they're overly long and extend way past the wrist.

:shame:

I know--but someone was complaining about three whole pages devoted just to sleeves--that was just begging for more sleeves! :reject:

*sofia* said:
^:lol: yes they do.

I can't believe that I'm stalking in pleba instead of writing an essay for school..
heh welcome to my world... since I found this place, my schoolwork turned to err zero ^^

Golightly Grrl said:

I guess he wants to show-off his strong, masculine, muscular arms. Not that I'm complaining.

As well he SHOULD!

(I still wanna see him in Bonosleeves though!)

Does anyone know why Bono does the sleeves thing? To me its a kinda annoying to see ppl do that. I always roll my sleeves up if they are long, touching the wrist even... Is it a security thing, I wonder?

Well it might be a security thing. I've always done it without even thinking about it, long before I even knew of Bono. It's always made me feel good, can't explain it, don't know why....

Babydoll said:
Does anyone know why Bono does the sleeves thing? To me its a kinda annoying to see ppl do that. I always roll my sleeves up if they are long, touching the wrist even... Is it a security thing, I wonder?

It's nothing a decent tailor wouldn't fix!!!! I HATE the sleeves! :mad: It always looks like he's about to wipe his nose on the end like some 4 year old! :madspit:

Some people don't care how it looks to other people I guess, it's what you like to wear, how it makes you feel when you wear it, thats all. I've never seen Bono wipe his nose on his sleeve, although if he did, I don't think anyone would really care. :)

Not sure why he does. Probably just a habit, like how I twirl my hair and chew my nails. I HATE sleeves like that on myself b/c I always feel like the sleeves are getting dirty from always rubbing my hands. I usually keep my sleeves up b/c I'm a technician so do a lot of hands-on work in dusty spaces.

I can say I've taken advantage of the Bonosleeves. Chicago, 5/9, I was on the outside rail of the ellipse, right where Bono stopped and reached into the crowd during Beautiful Day. You can see this if you slow-mo this clip from the 60 Minutes piece. As Bono reaches out, my fiance reaches towards him, but then realizes I'm trying to reach for Bono's hand and can't quite make it. Phil grabs my wrist (and also grabs me around the waist with his other arm) and lifts me towards Bono until I catch his sleeve between my fingers and grab hold of his wrist. :D

Back
Top Bottom