Remember U2SoHotGroupie? Read this, I wonder....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
Remember our 'newbie' U2SoHotGroupie? I thought it was one of us, now I was just lurking on Zootopia and found this so I am seriously wondering who this person is and if they are someone more than just an ordinary fan. Am I reading to much into things? I hope so!!!!!! Read this thread and tell me your opinion.

http://zootopia.u2.com/webx50@189.oyvpatqDi7n^58141@.2e0e6bbe

http://zootopia.u2.com/webx?50@189.oyvpatqDi7n^58141@.2e0e6bbe

Okay if it doesn't work, it's in the Bono folder under the title 'about this whole Bono thing, the truth'

Last edited:
wertsie said:
:( The link didn't work for me.

Try copying and pasting the whole thing, even the part that's not underlined, into your address bar.. some of it isn't included in the link for some reason :eyebrow:

u2er said:

Try copying and pasting the whole thing, even the part that's not underlined, into your address bar.. some of it isn't included in the link for some reason :eyebrow:

Tried that. Still didn't work. :(

daisybean said:
I found it... titled "About this whole Bono thing"

She basically just said that she does not think Bono reads the board

k, I'm going to go look now...

Wait...I went and there's all kinds of folders...which is it under?

daisybean said:
I found it... titled "About this whole Bono thing"

She basically just said that she does not think Bono reads the board

But if you read the responses, you will see this person is giving the impression they want you to think they are Bono, or his daughters, or someone close to the band. I just don't know. Now I don't think our 'groupie' was one of us at all, and is that one one of them?? Maybe someone who monitors threads for the band?

It's in the Bono folder in the Band members folder

Anyhoo

No doubt that this is the same person.... however I highly doubt that they have any connection the U2 organization. I highly doubt that a U2 staffer would intentionally be that rude to fans.

daisybean said:
This Groupie chick posted really rude things about another interfencers encounter with the band.

He/she/it had doubts about the validity of the story, however was extremely rude in expressing them.

It doesn't seem like anybody in connection with the band would want to be rude like that, does it? I'm thinking it's probably just someone with an attitude problem.

wertsie said:
Okay, finally read it...Interesting...

And who was this U2Groupie or whatever?

It was someone who came here criticizing one of our girls' stories, but this one has the same name and is messing with those girls so I wonder what is going on. I don't think there is anyone active enough on this board and that one to do that so I thought it must be someone watching the boards. Then the daughters were brought up and I thought, well, they are the right age to be online, most kids that age are very into the internet. I was thinking so many things. But, of course, sometimes I think too much:rolleyes: But this bugged me and I wanted someone else's opinion. I really hope it's not anyone near the band. This one is not like the one here, but the name is almost the same, so, well, it just got to me.

I think it's someone who wants to make everyone wonder if she is related with the band... you know, seeking attention. After all, a comment to the effect of : "you helped them when they (U2) were down (referring to the Pop era, I suppose)... bla bla bla" doesn't sound like what anyone close to U2 would say. Blah, I dunno!:huh:

D4B... I really don't think it is someone who works for U2.

1. I think that the people hired to monitor the threads, probably just do that, monitor. I don't think they would interfere (no pun intended), they're job is just to make sure no one is "plotting" to hurt the band.
2. Groupie Chick was just down right rude.... now wouldn't it be tasteless to put down the people who essentially keep them in a job?

Thanks Daisy, good points. But this person said in the Zootopia thread 'there were a couple of girls here who were scaring US and becoming a bit too obsessed' so that made me think it was one of those who monitor the band.

On a side note, isn't it a compliment no one has ever said that about any of us LOL!;)

I'm a really bad Zootopian to tell you the truth... I rarely if ever leave the Larry folder, so I really don't know much of what's going on in there. I know some of the other girls who post here are also from Zootopia, so maybe somebody else could provide more info?

Desire4Bono said:
But this person said in the Zootopia thread 'there were a couple of girls here who were scaring US and becoming a bit too obsessed' so that made me think it was one of those who monitor the band.

On a side note, isn't it a compliment no one has ever said that about any of us LOL!;)

Well I think that if I were to see someone here become a little on the obsessive side, I think other people would notice it too and say something.

I'll have to read the thread again.. but since the term US is so general it could be taken to mean the other Zoo members. I don't go in there enough to know who the regulars are, so I guess I wouldn't be the best judge of who the "Us" is.

daisybean said:

Well I think that if I were to see someone here become a little on the obsessive side, I think other people would notice it too and say something.

I'll have to read the thread again.. but since the term US is so general it could be taken to mean the other Zoo members. I don't go in there enough to know who the regulars are, so I guess I wouldn't be the best judge of who the "Us" is.

There are people on here who are on the obsessive "track the band down" side and they have been spoken to. It's sad, but it's true.

And also.. regarding whether that person is of "importance" or not - I sincerely doubt it.

They are just some weird person looking to look "cool" on a message board - plain and simple. I know it's easy to get all "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Bono! Bono! OMG could it be that he is here watching me?" Maybe he is.. maybe he isn't.

He's a grown man, a rock star, a husband and a father. What do you think?

Don't get excited over a person's purposely cryptic posts over there and give them more attention than they deserve. The Band/their camp wouldn't post lamely. They're a little old, classy and mature for that type of nonsense.

i think...

Probably she's an UNTRUSTWORTHY friend that some of the girls know. Someone obnoxious who wants to show off because she has some relationship with Jordan as a "Friend" because she goes to the same school as her, but she really doesn't have any morals.

I have acquaintances who know this 'U2SoHotGroupiechick'. I'd stay away from her.

I don't know her, but that's what I heard.:(

Re: i think...

BlueGALchick said:
Probably she's an UNTRUSTWORTHY friend that some of the girls know. Someone obnoxious who wants to show off because she has some relationship with Jordan as a "Friend" because she goes to the same school as her, but she really doesn't have any morals.

I have acquaintances who know this 'U2SoHotGroupiechick'. I'd stay away from her.

I don't know her, but that's what I heard.:(

From what I read.. that poster was using more mature language than someone of the girls' age.

Ignore them. They just want attention that they don't deserve. And it's not like they said anything that was importance. It was purposely cryptic, and vague.

Ignore it. :)

yea

I know what you are saying HelloAngel.

She isn't 12 or 13, but probably around the age of 15. She's so wierd... very SMART, but WIERDO.

My companions told me that she really goes to an top grade private high school in the U.S., rather than being a European, as she hints to be.

Let's ignore her, whenever she speaks.:rolleyes:

A friend of Jordan? :eek: That's pretty close to the band! How do you know Bluegal, are you a friend of the family too?

I just read something else U2SoHotGroupie2 posted on Zootopia. She claimed the U2SoHotGroupie here 'stole her identity' or something and they 'weren't friends anymore' so I don't think it's as serious as I thought, just some girls goofing around. I hope it's nothing to do with the band's families or their friends.

Desire4Bono said:
She claimed the U2SoHotGroupie here 'stole her identity' or something and they 'weren't friends anymore'

:rolleyes:

Sure she did *note sarcasm*

I think anyone can claim to be a member of U2/friend of band/whatever, because of the somewhat anonymous nature of the internet. I could easily make up a screen name and tell a story that I'm the kids' Nanny. Although in about 2 seconds Sicy or Elvis would do an IP check and kick my ass ;)

I think too much is being read into this.

This is just some bored kid who wants attention, by hinting at about a "relationship" with the band.

Back
Top Bottom