Remember Bono's Other Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
....the "Heart of America" Tour that Bono participated in during December 2002 with DATA, Agnes from Uganda and others to raise awareness and ACTIVISM for Africa's Future?:up:

This Friday, 7 May, at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City, a 30 minute movie will be shown that chronicles that "tour" of Bono and Africa's friends. :hug:

It will be held in the Tribeca Cinema Theater 2 at 4:30pm EST.

If you're in the NYC area and are interested in going ( I wish I could go), then go to www.tribecafilmfestival.org and put in Heart of America in the search box and you'll get all the info about this magnificent film. :)

Iam among the privileged few that can proudly say that I participated in the VERY FIRST tour date of the Heart of America in Lincoln, Nebraska on 1 December 2002. It is STILL to this day a night and a moment in time that I will ALWAYS remember and hold dearly to my heart!:bono: :heart: :heart: :angel:

If anyone goes to this showing, PLEASE post your impressions here about the film - I would be VERY interested and grateful.

That came at an awful, terrible and sad time in my life or I'd have gotten in the car and found him.

Jamila said:
Iam among the privileged few that can proudly say that I participated in the VERY FIRST tour date of the Heart of America in Lincoln, Nebraska on 1 December 2002. It is STILL to this day a night and a moment in time that I will ALWAYS remember and hold dearly to my heart!:bono: :heart: :heart: :angel:

Jamila, I was there too! I was number three in line! Were you in the line a long time? Did you know that Bono's pants zipper was down almost the entire time?!

No, I didn't know that his pants zipper was down, otherwise I would have moved my eyes from his face to his....other gorgeous area! :ohmy:

I had gotten tickets through some friends of mine from DC, so I didn't have to stand in line.

But the evening WAS MAGICAL AND MOVING, LivLuv, and it will stay in my heart for the rest of my life!

:wink:

If you ever want to walk down memory lane, you can email me at iris_lotus_blossom@hotmail.com

Thanks, LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, and I DO hope one of our Interference family who lives in the New York area will go to this showing and post here about it.

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!:wink:

Jamila said:

I had gotten tickets through some friends of mine from DC, so I didn't have to stand in line.

But the evening WAS MAGICAL AND MOVING, LivLuv, and it will stay in my heart for the rest of my life!

:heart: Yes, it was one of the single most influential moments in my life. Especially Agnes and those kids from Ghana, they were AMAZING. Agnes is my hero. She's the first person I've ever met with AIDS and I can guarantee that unfortunately, she won't be the last. Also, I thought Ashley Judd was great. I didn't know much about her before besides seeing tons of her movies, but I think as woman, she brings a really important perspective to the issue and speaks out about women's rights in Africa and the implications it has on the AIDS pandemic. Anyway, I'll never forget that night, of course meeting Bono twice was a definite plus, but I was so impressed with Agnes, I'm really greatful I got to meet her afterwards, even if it was just for a few moments. Standing in line was fun though too, although by the time we got back home (16 hours worth of driving back) I was soaked through three layers of clothing and shaking from fever! Gotta love the Midwest winters.

LivLuv, Agnes is an AMAZING woman and someone who we should ALL know and care about!:yes:

Her struggle with the serious effects that the HIV/AIDS virus has had in her life and the lives of her family is TRULY the story of a REAL HERO (like Bono called her) and should be an inspiration to ALL of us.:up: :hug:

And I travelled by car from Texas which was a 17 hour (or so) drive one way - such was my determination to be DATA and EVERYONE who took part in the "Heart of America" tour.

And IT WAS WORTH EVERY MOMENT OF MY TIME AND EFFORT!

Thanks, LivLuv, I thought there was no one out here who CARES ABOUT THE REAL THINGS THAT MATTER TO BONO - like the Future of Africa, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and other matters of Social Justice.:bono: :heart: :heart: :angel:

THANK YOU, BONO, FOR ENCOURAGING US TO CARE ABOUT THE TRULY IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE!

Oh, Eep, we must do that again sometime! For the real deal! I need to start saving for the next tour again. It's going to be tough since I'm saving to go to Africa this winter as well :huh:

Back
Top Bottom