RED is coming! no. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pics!! :hyper: :happy:

the shades are veryy :drool: :drool:
i still keep mine in the original shipping box with the red case wrapped in bubble wrap :lol:

< :coocoo:

That's what I'm doing with the shipped box! :wink:

The pricks didn't even give bubble wrap! :mad: And it's SUNGLASSES! :tsk: Not that I wouldn't be tempted to pop them........:shifty:

Oh boy, these shades :drool: and the color.........:drool:

I can understand the :coocoo: thing you're on about :lol:

Big Sales @ Gap. Totes are 19.99, blue denim bag $19.99, boxers $9.99, green jacket w/red words $59.99 still!

I got the red denim bag, and boxers shorts for my older son.

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:
Big Sales @ Gap. Totes are 19.99, blue denim bag $19.99, boxers $9.99, green jacket w/red words $59.99 still!

I got the red denim bag, and boxers shorts for my older son.

:hmm: Are the boxers like boxer briefs, or actual boxers? In the online pictures, they look more like boxer briefs, but if they're real boxers, I might pick up a pair to sleep in...:happy:

I found this today on MySpace. It was a bulletin sent to me (and many others) by JOINRED's MySpace.

I wanted to post it here in case you didn't see it and would like to be a part of this effort to SUPPORT (RED)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Speak up in (RED) and you could talk to P!NK!
Body: Take a picture or record a video telling us what (RED) means to you and the grand prize winner will win a call from P!NK!

Send your submission by March 31 to red@sprint.com and it may be featured at SPRINT.COM/RED.

Sprint has teamed up with MOTOROLA (PRODUCT) RED to release the new RED MOTORAZR V3m. For every RED MOTORAZR purchased, Sprint and Motorola contribute $17 to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.

Thanks!
(RED)
JOINRED.COM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you think that you have something positive to say about (RED) - this is another way to do it.

Good Luck! :up:

onebloodonelife said:

:hmm: Are the boxers like boxer briefs, or actual boxers? In the online pictures, they look more like boxer briefs, but if they're real boxers, I might pick up a pair to sleep in...:happy:

Boxer briefs, thats why I got them for him to sleep in!

JCOSTER said:

Boxer briefs, thats why I got them for him to sleep in!

:up: They're $14.99 on gap.com, but I'll have to check my local Gap to see if they have any.

RED) Announces New Film Category for 2008 Vail Film Festival
Thursday March 29, 8:00 am ET

Filmmakers Asked to Draw on Creativity to Raise Awareness of (RED) and the Fight Against AIDS in Africa

VAIL, Colo., March 29 /PRNewswire/ -- (RED), launched last year by Bono and Bobby Shriver and partnered with iconic brands Gap, Motorola, Converse, Emporio Armani and Apple, today announced a (RED) Short Film Category to debut at the 2008 Vail Film Festival. The "(RED) Vision" category asks filmmakers to dramatize the core ideas behind (RED) and embraces themes of inspiration, motivation and education. This announcement comes on the heels of an integrated collaboration at this year's festival that includes a 25% contribution from all Festival Avanti passes directly to the Global Fund.

"We have had an overwhelming response from consumers and the creative community from all around the world who want to do more than buy products to support (RED)," said Bobby Shriver, chief executive officer of (RED). "Our partnership with the Vail Film Festival in 2008 empowers consumers by giving them a creative platform to artistically express what the (RED) movement has meant to them. We know (RED) has had a powerful impact on them, and we're excited to see that impact on film."

Throughout the course of the 2007 Vail Film Festival, attendees will interact with (RED) through several elements, including:

* Ticket Sale Contribution
The Vail Film Festival will make a contribution of 25% from the sale of
each Festival Avanti Pass directly to the Global Fund.

* Integrated On-Site Branding
(RED) will be incorporated into various aspects of the festival
including the welcome booth, filmmaker parties, PREMIE(RED) staff
T-shirts, (RED) video montages at festival events and other activities.

* Hotel Cafe Tour
(RED) will reach out to music fans at the film festival's Music Cafe at
the Red Lion, where the Hotel Cafe brings artists from a burgeoning
Hollywood singer-songwriter community to Vail. Featured performers
include: Cary Brothers, Greg Laswell, Jay Nash, Meiko, Buddy, Tim Jones
and AM. (RED) previously hit the road with the Hotel Cafe on their
national and U.K. tour last fall.

"We are thrilled to have (RED) as part of the Vail Film Festival this year and excited about the new category for next year," said Scott Cross, co-founder and co-director of the Vail Film Festival. "(RED) has evoked such passion across the globe, we can only imagine what will be created when the art of filmmaking and (RED) come together on-screen."

Complete submission details can be found at JOINRED.COM/VAIL.

About (RED) and (PRODUCT) RED

(RED)'s primary objective is to engage the private sector in raising awareness and funds for the Global Fund to help fight AIDS in Africa. Companies whose products take on the (PRODUCT) RED mark contribute a significant percentage of the sales or portion of the profits from that product to the Global Fund to finance AIDS programs in Africa, with an emphasis on the health of women and children. Current partners are: American Express (U.K. only), Converse, Gap, Giorgio Armani and Motorola. MySpace.com is the first media sponsor in the United Kingdom. WWW.JOINRED.COM

About the Vail Film Festival

Vail Film Festival promotes independent filmmaking, with a special focus on new and innovative filmmakers. Besides screenings, the festival will also feature workshops, seminars and panel discussions with award-winning actors, writers and directors. An awards ceremony, family festivities, VIP parties, and live music will round out the four-day event. The Vail Film Festival is produced by the Vail Film Institute, a non-profit arts organization that is dedicated to fostering independent cinema and creative filmmaking. Festival passes incorporate a combination of movies, filmmaker panels, galas and music, with deep discounts on skiing for festival pass holders. For tickets and additional information, visit www.vailfilmfestival.org or call (866) 476-1092.

Source: (RED) :hug: :love:

I GOT A BRAND NEW (RED) MOTOROLA RAZR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Story of purchase - it involved a little Bono-related chit-chat with me and the sales associate - tomorrow!!

Babydoll said:

Story of purchase - it involved a little Bono-related chit-chat with me and the sales associate - tomorrow!!

:drool: How do you like it so far?

Oh, and I picked up the UncensoRED boxers from Gap yesterday for $9.99. Soooooo comfy for sleeping in :drool:

I love it, it's gorgeous! I'm kinda wondering whether to get a hot pink faceplate for it or not though? :hmm: Opinions welcome....

I love my red phone. The deep red color is gorgeous I think. And I now have the beginning of New Years Day as my ring tone so I hear Bono's lovely "Yeeeeaaah!" everytime my phone rings. :drool:

(and when people call me they get to listen to Beautiful Day :D )

Yep! The call tones (which people hear when they call you) is available from Sprint. They have a huge list of U2 songs to choose from. And it sounds great too. And if anyone is interested in getting great ring tones on their phone this site is fantastic. You can choose ANY 40 seconds of ANY mp3. You choose the starting point of any mp3 on your computer. And it sounds great too. And it's freeeeeee.

http://mobile17.com/shell/history/

Babydoll,
CONGRATS GIRL!! I :heart: my RED Razr. I would get a clear skin or clear hard case for it so you can show off ur goregous RED razr. That's what I did.

And.. I too went to Sprint.. got Vertigo for my ringer and Windows in the Skies for my Call Tone..:wink:

I love the red color as well :heart: I have a lot of U2 ringtones on my RAZR...

AIWIY (2 versions, both from Slane)
BTBS
NYD
SBS
The Fly
Saints
Seconds
WTSHNN
Ultraviolet
UTEOTW
WOWY (the oh oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah, went off in class the other day while we were taking a test, dead silence...that was pretty cool :lol: )

I made them all myself, then transferred them from my computer to the phone with Bluetooth :drool: So, if your computer happens to have Bluetooth, it's a great alternative to having to buy the ringtones from Sprint.

Babydoll said:

:rockon: Right on BD, I know you are looking hot with your red shirt, Gucci bag and razr phone. :cool:

My brother just got a job at our local Sprint store. I am going to see if he can "hook it up" :wink:

Carmelu2fan said:

:rockon: Right on BD, I know you are looking hot with your red shirt, Gucci bag and razr phone. :cool:

My brother just got a job at our local Sprint store. I am going to see if he can "hook it up" :wink:

:sexywink: Thanks!

You should definitely get the (Red) phone, it's worth it! Is your current provider Sprint?

:( No, my phone is T-mobile but my contract is up with them in June:hmm: So it could work.

Congrats again on your new phone. I think they are so sporty:up:

Yeah, I wish T-mobile would pick up the Razr phone too, but if you've been with T-mobile for at least a year you can terminate your contract with out paying a fee.

Never thought I'd post in here, cos there's no Gap in Australia (that I know of)... but I noticed a store here has RED Converse shoes... must consider this when I want to buy some new shoes before I go on my holiday :D

Also, the first time I saw a quote of Babydoll mentioning her "RAZR"... I thought she was talking about a razor... :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom