RED is coming! no. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JCOSTER said:

gp479798-01p02v01.jpg

so i've had this shirt for a couple of weeks now. and i JUST NOW realized that the red print is in the shape of a 07 on the front and back.

bonoishot said:

lil_witch thats so nice of your uncle. :D
actually it's not:mad: ....he's just one lucky guy who gets to travel all over the world because of his job, so his time i thought he'd be useful and im just using him:D (no, j/k, he's very kind, and i just hope he'll have the time he needs to go to the mall, since he's there for business)

redhotswami said:

so i've had this shirt for a couple of weeks now. and i JUST NOW realized that the red print is in the shape of a 07 on the front and back.

Thanks for telling us. I didn't notice it either, I bought that one for my kids for valentines day, they will like it better with the number on the back......boys :huh:

Miringeltje said:
Question: Can I exchange (RED) clothes for a smaller size if what I bought is too big?

yep you sure can! i had to do it a few weeks ago, and it was no problem at all. it doesn't hurt their sales, they just run it through to keep their inventory in line.

Quick question, Has Bono ever been to Ghana? I might be going there for an exchange with my college, im pretty scared though

U2_Dudette said:
Quick question, Has Bono ever been to Ghana? I might be going there for an exchange with my college, im pretty scared though

yes, this april he was in Ghana :) I think that part is downloadable on iTunes for free, Bono and Brian Williams...

Galeongirl said:

yes, this april he was in Ghana :) I think that part is downloadable on iTunes for free, Bono and Brian Williams...

Oh thankyou, ill have to check it out!

U2_Dudette said:

Yep!

Why are you scared? My school also does semester exchanges to Ghana. I was an International Development Studies minor, not major, so I had one month in Tanzania instead of 4 months in Ghana (but I wish I could have done it!). Good luck!

Liesje said:

Yep!

Why are you scared? My school also does semester exchanges to Ghana. I was an International Development Studies minor, not major, so I had one month in Tanzania instead of 4 months in Ghana (but I wish I could have done it!). Good luck!

Im scared because I have never been on a plane, plus terrorists which I know is silly and it would have been the furthest I have travelled from where I am which is the south east of england (The furthest is Scotland on a train and there was a bomb scare when I was on it which freaks me out a little - mind you I was only 8 then - now 16 so I the bad luck should had faded by then lol.

What are the exchanges like?

U2_Dudette said:

Oh thankyou, ill have to check it out!

FYI - Bono was also in Ghana on his first trip for DATA with Sec. Paul O'Neill in May 2002.

There's a lot of infamous pictures of the two of them in Ghana around. :wink:

redhotswami said:
yep you sure can! i had to do it a few weeks ago, and it was no problem at all. it doesn't hurt their sales, they just run it through to keep their inventory in line.

Babydoll said:

Thanks for answering my question, redhotswami and Babydoll.
Back to the GAP I go.

U2_Dudette said:

Im scared because I have never been on a plane, plus terrorists which I know is silly and it would have been the furthest I have travelled from where I am which is the south east of england (The furthest is Scotland on a train and there was a bomb scare when I was on it which freaks me out a little - mind you I was only 8 then - now 16 so I the bad luck should had faded by then lol.

What are the exchanges like?

I really enjoyed mine. I'd never really been on a plane or to any other country before. I went with no expectations, and because of that, I was able to enjoy it for what it was and not get too flustered when things didn't go as planned. I'm pretty good at being chameleon-like, taking things as they come and rolling with the punches, so to speak. It was a great experience for me; I've never regretted it and tell everyone to go. I got to see the Indian Ocean, climb on Kilimanjaro, watch lions and cheetahs in the wild, meet all kinds of people on all walks of life, swim in Lake Victoria, shop in the common markets, play hide and seek with orphans, travel the mountains, etc.

I got sick the second day, and was really sick for almost three weeks, lost 12 pounds, and had to take a hardcore antibiotic, but even then I was able to enjoy it.

For a long time afterward, I thought I could never go back, that it was just too different, that the things we saw everyday were too much to deal with. Everything I thought before I went got thrown out the window. No matter how much you study for this or volunteer every day or listen to every word Bono has to say, you just will not be the same person when you come back. The more time passes the more I feel like I want to go back. Before, I had more of the "us and them" attitude, but now it's more like the "we" attitude, if that makes any sense. Yes, it's different, but they're still people just like you and I with the same desires and needs. My husband and I want to move back for at least a few years. He's a very laid back person and I think he'd thrive in the culture there. I have trouble with it since I'm very analytical and punctual, but it's good to put yourself outside your comfort zone.

The biggest surprise for me was coming home. I found that coming home was far, far, far more difficult than adjusting when we got there. It's been over two years, and I still think about it everyday. The real shock is coming back to the first world.

You will get homesick, you will get frustrated because things don't go as planned or people are not on time, you will get physically ill to some extent, but it's all worth it and nothing compares to what most of the continent has to deal with on a daily basis. If you have the opportunity, go. The worst that can happen is that you hate it, but you probably won't, and even if you do at least you can say you tried!

It will really depend on how long you are there and what your primary environment will be like. We spent all our time with the poorest of the poor, the orphans, the people who've had HIV for over a decade. We didn't spend a lot of time in the more developed cities because we only had four weeks for our study; we stayed in hostels and traveled daily to rural villages and development projects. The students we have that go to Ghana go for a whole semester and stay in the city. Since they are there for much longer, they have more time to do things you and I consider "normal". They go to regular classes and live in college dorms, rather than hostels and mud huts like us.

You can e-mail me if you want to talk about it more :)

Liesje said:

I really enjoyed mine. I'd never really been on a plane or to any other country before. I went with no expectations, and because of that, I was able to enjoy it for what it was and not get too flustered when things didn't go as planned. I'm pretty good at being chameleon-like, taking things as they come and rolling with the punches, so to speak. It was a great experience for me; I've never regretted it and tell everyone to go. I got to see the Indian Ocean, climb on Kilimanjaro, watch lions and cheetahs in the wild, meet all kinds of people on all walks of life, swim in Lake Victoria, shop in the common markets, play hide and seek with orphans, travel the mountains, etc.

I got sick the second day, and was really sick for almost three weeks, lost 12 pounds, and had to take a hardcore antibiotic, but even then I was able to enjoy it.

For a long time afterward, I thought I could never go back, that it was just too different, that the things we saw everyday were too much to deal with. Everything I thought before I went got thrown out the window. No matter how much you study for this or volunteer every day or listen to every word Bono has to say, you just will not be the same person when you come back. The more time passes the more I feel like I want to go back. Before, I had more of the "us and them" attitude, but now it's more like the "we" attitude, if that makes any sense. Yes, it's different, but they're still people just like you and I with the same desires and needs. My husband and I want to move back for at least a few years. He's a very laid back person and I think he'd thrive in the culture there. I have trouble with it since I'm very analytical and punctual, but it's good to put yourself outside your comfort zone.

The biggest surprise for me was coming home. I found that coming home was far, far, far more difficult than adjusting when we got there. It's been over two years, and I still think about it everyday. The real shock is coming back to the first world.

You will get homesick, you will get frustrated because things don't go as planned or people are not on time, you will get physically ill to some extent, but it's all worth it and nothing compares to what most of the continent has to deal with on a daily basis. If you have the opportunity, go. The worst that can happen is that you hate it, but you probably won't, and even if you do at least you can say you tried!

It will really depend on how long you are there and what your primary environment will be like. We spent all our time with the poorest of the poor, the orphans, the people who've had HIV for over a decade. We didn't spend a lot of time in the more developed cities because we only had four weeks for our study; we stayed in hostels and traveled daily to rural villages and development projects. The students we have that go to Ghana go for a whole semester and stay in the city. Since they are there for much longer, they have more time to do things you and I consider "normal". They go to regular classes and live in college dorms, rather than hostels and mud huts like us.

You can e-mail me if you want to talk about it more :)

Sounds like a real mind buster journey.

I'd love to email you but I cant because I'm not premium and I dont know it, lol, sorry.

I finally made it to the Gap today, and they had all the new stuff except the necklace and the beaded bracelet. There were quite a few things that aren't on the website, too! (this was the Pioneer Place Gap in downtown Portland).

I got a green hoodie with ti(red) in pink on the back, I'm so psyched to find one that fits me! I am, ahem, well-endowed shall we say. But a men's lg hoodie fits great.

I got my son a green t-shirt that says "discove(red)", he's 12 and he's going to love it. I also got:

gp417582-02p01v01.jpg

for my 15 year old daughter

gp432873-00p01v01.jpg

in a men's XS, for my 10 year old son

gp496360-00p01v01.jpg

for me

gp479798-00vliv01.jpg

for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom