RED is coming! no. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a problem...does anyone know of any local chapters of (RED) Annonymous?:wink: I've already bought 4 INSPI(RED), 1 BO(RED), 2 HAMME(RED), and 1 EMPOWE(RED) shirts, as well as the TI(RED) sweatshirt. And I want MORE!:p I'm definitely going to look for some of the new things very soon.
~Liz

~BrightestStar~ said:

Last time I was at mine they had a slew of Inspired shirts...a couple of the desired and hammered ones, a bunch of hoodies, some bags, a leather jacket, and some bracelets.

Good luck!

Your's has hoodies AND inspired shirts Bri. :jealous::drool::wink:

Am phoning every GAP in the northwest of England tommorow and also going to try Birmingham and Leeds to see if they have anything. Wish me luck people. :fingerscrossed::uhoh::lol:

Also hi to our new poster m1racle_drug.:wave: Welcome to Pleba/interference. :)

bonoishot said:

Your's has hoodies AND inspired shirts Bri. :jealous::drool::wink:

Am phoning every GAP in the northwest of England tommorow and also going to try Birmingham and Leeds to see if they have anything. Wish me luck people. :fingerscrossed::uhoh::lol:

Also hi to our new poster m1racle_drug.:wave: Welcome to Pleba/interference. :)

Try Gap in Meadowhall Sheffield, I'm going on the 5th Feb taking 9 year old to see Pussycat Dolls at the Arena!:huh:
She has a very wide taste in music! :ohmy:

circa1992 said:
I think I have a problem...does anyone know of any local chapters of (RED) Annonymous?:wink: I've already bought 4 INSPI(RED), 1 BO(RED), 2 HAMME(RED), and 1 EMPOWE(RED) shirts, as well as the TI(RED) sweatshirt. And I want MORE!:p I'm definitely going to look for some of the new things very soon.
~Liz

You think you've got it bad.....I'm :coocoo: I have already purchased:

Inspired t
Bored hoody
Empowered t
Treasured tank
3pk underwear
Beaded Bracelet Admired
Necklace Scored
Desired t as a gift
Pin as a gift
Red candle as a gift
1 leather bracelet
2 leather bracelets as gifts (my kids)
Long Sleeve T Scored (hubby)
1 Bored t (kid)
1 Desired t (kid)
2 Cross/4 words on Back t's (kids)

Holy Crap! When you list it out it is insane :help:

Now someone today told me that they also have Hammered Sweatpants!

This is the Bracelet and the Underwear:

P1000508.jpg

P1000515.jpg

mine:

2 x Armani shades (pink and black)
2 x Motorola phones
iPod
INSPI(RED) tee
(RED) hoodie
(RED) pin

my purchases will generate enough money to:

provide treatment for 200 pregnant women to prevent transmission of HIV from mother to child.

and

provide anti-retroviral (ARV) treatment for one month to a person living with HIV.

:up:

I haven't seen this posted yet:

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Message from Bobby

Bono and I came to the World Economic Forum last January to announce a way of getting the best global marketing companies to go to work for people dying of AIDS in Africa. (RED) was that idea. The word, and most particularly the “embrace” logo ( ) conveys the idea that private sector businesses working together can achieve great results.

We have seen the beginnings of what this embrace can produce and we are absolutely sure of one thing: These companies are marketing geniuses.

The Converse mudcloth shoes—not our idea. They came from Dave Maddocks and his colleagues at Converse. The shoes are sold out. The phrase, “This card is designed to help eliminate AIDS in Africa” that is printed on the back of every American Express (RED) card came from John Hayes and the AMEX marketing team. Who would have imagined seeing that statement on a credit card! The iconic Gap advertising came from Annie Leibovitz, Trey Laird and amazing Gap team. It covered 10 miles of shop windows, as well as billboards, newspapers and magazines. In addition, Gap’s fantastic designs for the Lesotho-made t-shirt captivated Oprah Winfrey and her international audience. This shirt is the biggest-selling shirt in recent Gap history. Motorola inspired Kanye West, Chris Rock and Sheryl Crow to talk about the Global Fund and (RED), and they turned their premier product, the MOTORAZR, (RED). Giorgio Armani took over London Fashion Week for the first time ever to launch his collection for (RED), and then had a party in every store worldwide for World AIDS Day. Mr. Armani’s sunglasses and watches flew off the shelves. And Apple with the iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED Special Edition—it’s beautiful and is selling great—people love the color and they love the connection. It’s so popular that Apple even added an 8 GB model in time for the holidays.

All these smart people have gone to work for AIDS in Africa. That creativity—and the visibility and action it produces—will continue for the 2007 product year and beyond. That is really exciting. And of course the most compelling part is that the money earned has already begun to flow to programs in Rwanda and Swaziland.

In the last nine months, more than $20 million has been generated by (RED) partners—really by their customers—for the Global Fund. This is so, even though the full product line has been available only since October. And this $20 million is 4x more than the $5 million in private sector contributions that had been sent to the Fund in the prior 4 years. So (RED) is off to a good start. The launch of the full product range seems to have gotten through to customers in the US, UK, France and Japan. Brand awareness is now around 20 percent in major markets, which for a concept that was only announced a year ago is good. (RED) partners have produced iconic advertising and won awards for their campaigns. This is very good.

The big challenge we face is sustainability. Everywhere we go, people ask what our plans are for making this venture sustainable. Every time we answer “continuing innovation in products, continuing innovative campaigns to inform people that the (RED) embrace means money for medicine in Africa and continuing innovation with new product partners and their integration into the (RED) marketing system.” This is a very daunting task. We are depending on—and thankful for—our product partners and our customers.

Bobby Shriver
CEO
(PRODUCT) RED :love:

There's underwear now? I don't see them online. What kind of cut are they, JC? I need some new underwear.... :reject:

Liesje said:
There's underwear now? I don't see them online. What kind of cut are they, JC? I need some new underwear.... :reject:

There are pair in a pack, red with the inspi(red), ado(red), desi(red). Stretch nice and soft, they're called low rise cheeky.
go back a page and you can kinda see a picture.

JC how much is the new bracelet ?
:drool:

I just bought one of the tote bag and a tee so I've gotta wait
till my next pay check . :(

I like the sounds of the underwear! I'm always looking for cute ones! :wink:

I'm really looking forward to hitting up the Gap in Seattle. Better make sure my credit card will be able to withstand the hit! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom