RED is coming! no. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonocomet said:
Hey there :wave:

Just wanted to let the 10 people know that I mailed the pins today. For outside of the USA addresses they told me it will take between 4 and 10 days. I hope you get yours in time for your presentation hcb!

I also checked the print on the card with the pins. It does not say what the beads are made of, only that they are inspired by historic African trade beads that were used for bartering in parts of West Africa.

If any of you do not receive your pin, let me know, I can always try to get a replacement. Thanks for allowing me to spread a bit of RED holiday cheer. It was fun! :)

Thanks for letting us know! And yes, the pin will arrive well in time for my presentation coz I don't have to have it ready until the 2nd or 3rd week of January. Also the address I gave you is my apartment, I've been spending the holidays at my parents house, and won't be back there until the 2nd of January! :wink:

Golightly Grrl said:
I covet Ali's coat!:drool:

I COVET HER HUSBAND!:drool:

(I know, I know - thou shalt not covet. But I just can't help it!)

Oh and this is completely off-topic, but I saw a commercial last night for a new Ford called Edge... and the one in the commercial was red. I'd have to paint a #7 on the hood, and paint the roof black like a beanie.

Last edited:
:lol:

ford-06-07FordEdgeCUV_15.jpg

U2Girl416 said:
I guess my pin wasn't good enough :madspit: :wink:

anyone still wanting one...let me know. still have my one extra.

:lol:

I'm sure someone will come along here eventually who still wants one.
HEY FOLKS WE STILL HAVE ONE MORE RED PIN TO SHARE!!! :wave:

I burned my RED candle on Christmas. It made the house smell really nice :)

bonocomet said:

Just wanted to let the 10 people know that I mailed the pins today. For outside of the USA addresses they told me it will take between 4 and 10 days. I hope you get yours in time for your presentation hcb!

I also checked the print on the card with the pins. It does not say what the beads are made of, only that they are inspired by historic African trade beads that were used for bartering in parts of West Africa.

If any of you do not receive your pin, let me know, I can always try to get a replacement. Thanks for allowing me to spread a bit of RED holiday cheer. It was fun! :)

Thanks for letting me know :hug:

I should get the pin along with my replacement ONE bracelet (since the one I got at the 5/10 show last year broke on me :sad: ) sooner or later :up

BEVERLY56 said:

I COVET HER HUSBAND!:drool:

(I know, I know - thou shalt not covet. But I just can't help it!)

That statement jogged my memory of the time I was a kid going to confession. You see, every Friday, the whole school (Catholic) went to confession so we could receive Communion on Sunday. Anyway, I could never remember my sins so I would just make them up.... Father, I have lied three times, stole once, etc. Well, I must have run out of sins as I remember confessing to conveting thy neighbors wife. What tipped me off to a mistake in judgement was the soft laughter from the priest on the other side of the curtain. I was such a stupid kid. What a memory ...Something right out of Angela's Ashes:reject:

ps I didn't know the one bracelet comes in different sizes.

Lila64 said:
Weldy - they were small and the indented one I bought when they first went on sale. No worries - glad you got yours! :hug:

Yea...I'm one of those big wristed girls (That's part of me being fat and all :wink: ) and a small would just burst the first time I tried to put it on (I found a yellow Armstrong bracelet where I used to work....and it burst after a day...so I thought it was a small. It was also "chipped" too).

Lila64 said:
Weldy - they were small and the indented one I bought when they first went on sale. No worries - glad you got yours! :hug:

Hello Lila!

I have been looking for one like that for a long time with no luck, that is if it is the original version, not the newer raised letters type which I have extras of (and would be happy to share with anyone who needs one). If you would like to trade that one for something I'd be happy to. (My daughter and I made a really cool baby u2 videos dvd I could trade). Just let me know if you like :)

The Gap Product Red leather jacket hit our stores today! It retails for $350. I don't know if it's already been sold before, but today was the first time I saw it here.

Also, Product Red has influenced some of the classic Gap tees as well; I saw one in a light orange-red color today, and it was a Red item. :D

Do you mean the red jacket that Steven Spielberg wears in the ads babydoll? That one is really cool. They've had it here at our store for a while now. I tried it on for fun, it's awesome.

bonocomet said:

I have been looking for one like that for a long time with no luck, that is if it is the original version, not the newer raised letters type which I have extras of (and would be happy to share with anyone who needs one). If you would like to trade that one for something I'd be happy to. (My daughter and I made a really cool baby u2 videos dvd I could trade). Just let me know if you like :)

Oh yes, please! Although I do have the original 'Make Poverty History' (which is similar to the original ONE band except it doesn't have the ONE word on it!)that I bought outside the Parken stadium, I'd love to have an actual ONE band!! :hyper: Same address as before, although I'll send it to you again if need be!! :wink:

Last edited:
Sure hcb! I have plenty of the newer style one wristbands so I'd be glad to send you one. I do still have your address. I think I have the Make Poverty History bands too, I think I need to go take inventory!
I'll let you know when I send the wristband :)

:hmm: I haven't seen the jacket Spielberg wears Comet, but maybe it's the one. It's this vintage looking one with white stripes across the shoulders.

bonocomet said:
Sure hcb! I have plenty of the newer style one wristbands so I'd be glad to send you one. I do still have your address. I think I have the Make Poverty History bands too, I think I need to go take inventory!

Thank you so much Bonocomet! :bow: This is so great!! :hyper:

We've yet to see the tank top anywhere (the one MJ Blige wears in the ads)

I see the RED Leather Men's jacket, but not online for sale. If you just go to the product RED and browse thru the mens stuff, it's there (on the Gap site of course)

bonocomet said:

Make Poverty History wristbands too? :hmm: :shifty: :sexywink:

Yes the red leather motorcycle jacket with the white stripe is niiice. There is a great pic of Steven Spielberg wearing it, the 1st time he has ever done an ad for anything according to Bono... I have the pic somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. Our store has had them for quite a while, and I saw them on Christmas eve, I wonder if they are selling? We bought the tank top for a friend's birthday in October but I haven't seen them since.

Hey Lila, I just looked around. I know I have the MPH white wristband somewhere, but I couldn't find one at the moment. I do however have one extra of the blue band from what ever it takes .org with Ewan McGregors artwork and sig on it... not sure if you are interested in that one...

I thought Bono might wear it onstage during this last leg of the tour since it could of went with the Vertigo theme.... but alas no...

bonocomet said:

Many thanks for this! I really appreciate it. :bow:

Babydoll said:
The Gap Product Red leather jacket hit our stores today! It retails for $350. I don't know if it's already been sold before, but today was the first time I saw it here.. :D

niiiiiice :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom