RED is coming! no. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:
Visited The Gap today - the one at The Grove in Los Angeles. Tons of stuff there, not to mention stuff I hadn't seen in person yet. They had the cashmere bikini in red and in grey. Saw a different belt (just brown with some red stitching). Maddy tried on a red & blue striped knit hat ($20, almost purchased), saw the scarf, the one with the red pattern on a white-ish background ($35). Saw the green reversible jacket (never saw it in person before), Converse shoes (none of our local Gaps ever had any shoes), long-sleeve shirts (red, grey, white)... wallet ($60), fish-type bag and fish-type smaller type make-up case or something like that ($60 - ouch!). Spent money at The Gap, but none of it on RED product :|

Babydoll - will I be glad I bought blue jeans there? They were the Original Boot Cut (the ones not on sale :angry: ). I hate that jeans look great the first time you try them on, then they stretch out and/or just don't fit the same later on.

I wish our Gap had a large variety , I would love the scarf , I haven't seen it on the Gap website !

u2trinity said:

I wish our Gap had a large variety , I would love the scarf , I haven't seen it on the Gap website !

I saw the scarf about a month ago for a mere few seconds on the website.. *poof* it was gone and has never came back so far.. And I check the site daily!

:sad:

Bonocomet, I have question for you about the pin you sent me!:wave: HEY BONOCOMET CAN YOU HEAR ME?!? :scream: :wink: It's for my 'show and tell' assingment. I need to know how does the price of the (RED) pin compare to the other types of pins available in GAP? That's is, is the (RED) pin cheaper or more expensive than any of the other pins? :hmm:

Although anyone else, who has bought these GAP (RED) pins and have some idea, are welcome to give their opinions! :yes:

Last edited:
I went to the GAP website last night and bought one of the
ADO(RED) tees. :sexywink:

Really didn't have the $28 for another tee but this one is priceless.

I can't wait to receive it.

(Good shirt for Valentine's Day) :love:

hcbiggs2002 said:
Bonocomet, I have question for you about the pin you sent me!:wave: HEY BONOCOMET CAN YOU HEAR ME?!? :scream: :wink: It's for my 'show and tell' assingment. I need to know how does the price of the (RED) pin compare to the other types of pins available in GAP? That's is, is the (RED) pin cheaper or more expensive than any of the other pins? :hmm:

Although anyone else, who has bought these GAP (RED) pins and have some idea, are welcome to give their opinions! :yes:

:hmm: to my knowledge, i haven't ever known GAP to sell pins. i think they just made them to promote (RED).

redhotswami said:

:hmm: to my knowledge, i haven't ever known GAP to sell pins. i think they just made them to promote (RED).

Yeah I go to Gap and Gap Outlet a lot and I've never seen a pin. I don't think they sell other jewelry either. Socks, scarves, belts, shoes, bags, hats - yes, but not pins.

BEVERLY56 said:
Bonocomet, thanks for the pin! I haven't been here since I got it, but I got it and it's on the collar of my coat that I wear every day!

*jealous*

:)

I gave the pins to all my friends at Christmas but didn't keep one for myself. Where's the "slapping my own forehead" smilie?

A bit off topic, but I caught the coming attractions for next weeks episode of that show about the Grease casting, and one of the people auditioning next week was wearing an Inspi(RED) shirt.

I thought that was pretty cool.

ramblin rose said:
A bit off topic, but I caught the coming attractions for next weeks episode of that show about the Grease casting, and one of the people auditioning next week was wearing an Inspi(RED) shirt.

I thought that was pretty cool.

REALLY? That's awesome!!!

Sorry hcb I just got here and saw your question now. *you should have yelled LOUDER!* :wink:
Anyways... hopefully the others answered your question but I might add that $1 is VERY inexpensive to pay for ANYTHING these days. I don't believe you can buy any other type of pin at any store for $1. It reminds me of how most wristbands for the various causes you see are sold for $1. A very inexpensive price aimed at getting the message out there, not something made for profit. I hope that helps!
I'm surprised actually that there is no red wristband (the rubber type like the white one band) for the red campaign. It seems like something that would sell, at least as easily as the pin.

Oh and by the way hcb I will be sending out your one band this week :) *and maybe a little something extra :whistle:

Bono Mot said:

*jealous*

:)

I gave the pins to all my friends at Christmas but didn't keep one for myself. Where's the "slapping my own forehead" smilie?

:whistle: just wait for THE box. :wink:

*waits patiently* then gets distracted by bouncy Bono.... :drool: BOX you say?

eeeeK!!! I just got a $150.00 bonus at work! :hyper:....

fur-sure hittin that (RED) merchandise this weekend!
droolie.gif

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:

I saw the scarf about a month ago for a mere few seconds on the website.. *poof* it was gone and has never came back so far.. And I check the site daily!

:sad:

I want one !!!:scream:

I went to Gap today... they had EVERYTHING! :ohmy:
You name it, they had it. ALL the original stuff, ALL the new stuff. If anyone lives near San Diego, CA the Fashion Valley Gap is the place to go. I got great RED wallet or change purse thingy... there were 2 types of wallets. Saw the fish design purses and bags too, they were really nice. I saw some great scarves, in lots of different colors. They were different from the winter scarves, these were made in the same material as the t-shirts so they were lighter and really soft. Saw the red and grey cashmere bikinis. :lol: My daughter got a really cool short sleeved t-shirt hoody.
Anyways... it was fun to see everything :)

bonocomet said:
Sorry hcb I just got here and saw your question now. *you should have yelled LOUDER!* :wink:
Anyways... hopefully the others answered your question but I might add that $1 is VERY inexpensive to pay for ANYTHING these days. I don't believe you can buy any other type of pin at any store for $1. It reminds me of how most wristbands for the various causes you see are sold for $1. A very inexpensive price aimed at getting the message out there, not something made for profit. I hope that helps!
I'm surprised actually that there is no red wristband (the rubber type like the white one band) for the red campaign. It seems like something that would sell, at least as easily as the pin.

Oh and by the way hcb I will be sending out your one band this week :) *and maybe a little something extra :whistle:

Thanks so much for the info and to everyone else who took the time to reply. :wave: Your answers will help a great deal with my assingment! :yes:

Oh thanks again so much for sending me the ONE band especially now coz I seem to have lost my MPH band!?! :sad: Can't find it anywhere!! :scream: So I'm really happy that I'll be getting another band in replacement. :wink:

BEVERLY56 said:
Bonocomet, thanks for the pin! I haven't been here since I got it, but I got it and it's on the collar of my coat that I wear every day!

Oh yay you're welcome! I'm glad it arrived ok :wave:

bonocomet said:
I went to Gap today... they had EVERYTHING! :ohmy:
You name it, they had it. ALL the original stuff, ALL the new stuff. If anyone lives near San Diego, CA the Fashion Valley Gap is the place to go. I got great RED wallet or change purse thingy... there were 2 types of wallets. Saw the fish design purses and bags too, they were really nice. I saw some great scarves, in lots of different colors. They were different from the winter scarves, these were made in the same material as the t-shirts so they were lighter and really soft. Saw the red and grey cashmere bikinis. :lol: My daughter got a really cool short sleeved t-shirt hoody.
Anyways... it was fun to see everything :)

Scarves? I only saw one at The Grove made out of a gauzy-type material. The short sleeve hoody thing is not a RED product is it? Maddy got a sleeveless hoody shirt there (not RED), about $24.50. Looked cute on her; on me :yuck:

Sounds like your store had even more than The Grove, and they had a lot!

I did see the gauzy scarves, they were multicolored but not soft, the scarves I saw were very soft because they were made from the same material as t-shirts, but very thick, and soft, and they came in alot of the red colors (red, cream, grey, etc... there were more, but I can't remember.) And they were very long. My daughter's shortsleeve hoody T is definitely product RED! If I can find a pic of it I'll post it. It's olive green, the color of a green monstrosity sort of :lol: has red stitching and red metal detailing where the drawstring comes from the hood. I was surprised how much the store had, the most I'd seen yet, even more than when they launched the 1st week, because now they had all that stuff and the new stuff. There were so many new shirts in lots of colors and printed with lots of new (RED) words.

Well, I'll bet everything will make it to all the stores eventually. I hope so! Here's my daughter's hoody...

redgreenhoody.jpg

REDsshoody.jpg

by the way she's very small, many brand's junior sizes are still too big for her but this XS fit her great.

bonocomet said:
I went to Gap today... they had EVERYTHING!

Comet, did they have the scarf that said "INSPIRED" rather than "HAMMERED?" I so want an INSPIRED one!

I hear it's due out this month.....

:whistle:
<tries to wait patiently>

Oooh I don't know. There were lots of scarves but I didn't look at everything. I know the t-shirt like material ones had no writing on them. I could go check for you Mot. Were they like the shirts with certain words only in certain colors? So the Inspired would be in red right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom