(Red) Auction in NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:

Edgeistoosexy was standing right there with her U2 shirt on!!!!

And I was right next to her trying to help keep her warm on occasion! Both our teeth were chattering! But Bono signed my sketch, girls...and Bobby Shriver had snatched the sketchbook and showed it to his wife, whom is a painter, he informed us, and said it was really good! (Bono was going for Adge's cheek as he was signing something, but she managed to finagle the angle to get the corner of his mouth! Good for you, girlfriend! :wink:

The signed artwork!!

BonoSiggy.jpg

emmabergstrom said:

And I swear, Emma, I swear...when he met my eyes, it was like those glasses were not there! I stumbled so badly, everything was so brief, I wanted to say so much, but all that came out was a remark about our 17 day age difference! And a "God bless you." Wanted to say so much more, but as Brian pointed out, Bono is a very busy person, and he does not have time for protracted chats!

*sigh*
He was so gorgeous face-to-face. Photos do NOT do him justice!

My art has to get framed now to keep it safe, because it has suddenly become a lot more valuable! *wonders for Mr. Shriver would like more U2 portraits for the RED campaign* Hmmmm...

He makes you talk like this....ahhh, dahhh, da, da.....it's like you forget how to speak.

Freefall said:

And I swear, Emma, I swear...when he met my eyes, it was like those glasses were not there! I stumbled so badly, everything was so brief, I wanted to say so much, but all that came out was a remark about our 17 day age difference! And a "God bless you." Wanted to say so much more, but as Brian pointed out, Bono is a very busy person, and he does not have time for protracted chats!

*sigh*
He was so gorgeous face-to-face. Photos do NOT do him justice!

My art has to get framed now to keep it safe, because it has suddenly become a lot more valuable! *wonders for Mr. Shriver would like more U2 portraits for the RED campaign* Hmmmm...

Freefall said:

And I was right next to her trying to help keep her warm on occasion! Both our teeth were chattering! But Bono signed my sketch, girls...and Bobby Shriver had snatched the sketchbook and showed it to his wife, whom is a painter, he informed us, and said it was really good! (Bono was going for Adge's cheek as he was signing something, but she managed to finagle the angle to get the corner of his mouth! Good for you, girlfriend! :wink:

The signed artwork!!

BonoSiggy.jpg

haha seriously?!!? when i asked for a kiss i really meant just one on the cheek i thought thats all i was going to get but i just ...yeah... last night was amazing!!!!!

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

haha seriously?!!? when i asked for a kiss i really meant just one on the cheek i thought thats all i was going to get but i just ...yeah... last night was amazing!!!!!

Is that how it worked?? :lol: I know I saw him home in...did you offer your cheek and he did the lips!??? Too much!

How are you feeling, Adge?? I have laryngitis! No work for me today! How is your Mom?

well i was sort of like :ohmy: youre going to kiss me?! and it just happened i didnt really move.

i had a fever all day. that sucks.....my mom is good.

I thought that was Zey in the video, Dion! :up:

Very cool for you guys too EdgeIsTooSexy, Freefall & seajewel! :yippie:

ETA: Just went back to see all the pics and stuff. WOW :faint:

Last edited:
Thanks people for the photos and Article and blm for the video :)

At the start i saw Ali and his kids walking in.

Bono is so good to his so sweet too :D Glad the people who went got to meet him :D

JCOSTER said:
He makes you talk like this....ahhh, dahhh, da, da.....it's like you forget how to speak.

Welcome to my world. That's how I sound around anything male, cute and breathing.

So I guess that confirms if I ever meet him I'll fall flat on the floor.
Bummer, cause I really would like to get a "Thanks for everything", (meaning his music, world good, ect) articulated before becomeing a fool.

:sad:

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
well i was sort of like :ohmy: youre going to kiss me?! and it just happened i didnt really move.

i had a fever all day. that sucks.....my mom is good.

I remember you asking though, and him saying, "Well, all right. It is Valentine's Day."

Sorry to hear about the fever, Adge. Hope you're feeling better today. Still have the laryngitis. It seems to flair up the more I am in the cold air, but I have to get pictures developed! (You know me and my old-fashioned camera affection! Might consider a digital since I saw the rewards of seeing your's in action and the instant image delivery!)

Seajewel, great bag! Manhattan is the handbag institution of the world, I think! Is that what he signed for you?

I seriously wanted to give him the drawing, but I guess he couldn't hold onto it all night. :sigh:

Freefall said:

I remember you asking though, and him saying, "Well, all right. It is Valentine's Day."

Sorry to hear about the fever, Adge. Hope you're feeling better today. Still have the laryngitis. It seems to flair up the more I am in the cold air, but I have to get pictures developed! (You know me and my old-fashioned camera affection! Might consider a digital since I saw the rewards of seeing your's in action and the instant image delivery!)

Seajewel, great bag! Manhattan is the handbag institution of the world, I think! Is that what he signed for you?

I seriously wanted to give him the drawing, but I guess he couldn't hold onto it all night. :sigh:

That's the bag he signed - I will treasure it always!!

Freeall- that is a beautiful sketch- you are very talented.
Soooooo happy for all of you who got to see and get a little "piece" of him.
Ali looked so sweet as she was walking in, leaving him to get swallowed up by his adoring fans.
She must think of it as ......'Another day in the life of my husband'.

:drool: :drool:

blm said:
Freeall- that is a beautiful sketch- you are very talented.
Soooooo happy for all of you who got to see and get a little "piece" of him.
Ali looked so sweet as she was walking in, leaving him to get swallowed up by his adoring fans.
She must think of it as ......'Another day in the life of my husband'.

:drool: :drool:

Or maybe she's thinking yeah let them have him!!! :giggle:

:sigh:
I got sick by late Thurs afternoon from over-work & over-stress of the past 2 weeks, there's pain i've endured much better than when I get temples-tension headache & queasiness combination that I got.
It really makes me not able to function. There was no way I could go.:mad: :(

How wonderful for all of you who got to meet him.
Freefall, that IS a very nice drawing! :yes:

That is a great bag, sj!

Back
Top Bottom