Recovery Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dsmith2904 said:

Must make a retraction, the little butt shake thing was during One (yes, I am completely ashamed that I was shamelessly checking out the guitarist while the band was playing one of the most beautiful songs ever).

Yeah, I noticed... :shifty:

SpanishEyes21 said:

Dsmith, you wont be getting any dignified behavior from me
Im in total teeny bopper mode, possibly for the next few
days. What i could not help but notice was his beautiful
hands and his well groomed finger nails. And how about when
he says "as long as we are not completely crap I think its
gonna be a great night" and then he starts like streching
his neck. Yep, it was a great show:yes: And he looked so
darn CUTE:love:

Some pics from the Slane concert
slane1jr06.jpg

slane1jr16.jpg

slane1jr12.jpg

slane1jr19.jpg

YAY!!!!! you know that you can actually lose that "about to fall on the floor and melt" feeling if you spend enough time looking at pics? i didn't think so, but it's true...i've been without a computer all week (and i must admit it was kind of nice, although i was sulking around the house about how i wanted to check my email), constanlty seeing all sorts of excellent edge pics i think i started to get numb to it (it's not funny how many times i re-worded that just so i could use the word numb...hehehe *embarrased smiley that i don't seem to see in the pop up box*) so this thread nearly made me combust 40 times over (and i picked 40 well, cos...ha!)...i give up on posting, i don't have the internet speed to play along...and what's a snapfish? i've been meaning to ask...

i did see the slane castle tv special!!!! and i taped it!!! so i think i've watched it 5 times...or certain parts anyway, the edge-"i don't think we'll be crap"-stretchy-neck thing probably a couple more than 5 times...and it was so cool and too short and too many commercials but it was so great!

and it was funny when bono was introducing the band during out of control "adam clayton from malahide....on drums larry mullen jnr...and this is edge, i don't know where we got him from"...

i missed the butt-shake-thing in "beautiful day"! how did this happen...

*edited because i read the post saying edge shook his butt during "one"....talking to mysefl:read the posts BEFORE replying...gah...

Last edited:
beautiful day=beautiful edge bum

"i missed the butt-shake-thing in "beautiful day"! how did this happen..."

in beautiful day the camera gets at an angle behind edge and if you, well, watch his bum you can see it shake when he shakes the guitar to get that little effect thing near the end:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Re: beautiful day=beautiful edge bum

WierdandGilly said:
"i missed the butt-shake-thing in "beautiful day"! how did this happen..."

in beautiful day the camera gets at an angle behind edge and if you, well, watch his bum you can see it shake when he shakes the guitar to get that little effect thing near the end:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

So there was one on Beautiful Day as well, wow, maybe I'm not losing it. Anyway, during One Edge is doing his walking forward and back thing, the camera is behind him during a walk up and he does this little shake in emphasis with the music. Very nice!!

Re: Re: beautiful day=beautiful edge bum

dsmith2904 said:

So there was one on Beautiful Day as well, wow, maybe I'm not losing it. Anyway, during One Edge is doing his walking forward and back thing, the camera is behind him during a walk up and he does this little shake in emphasis with the music. Very nice!!

I hope somebody makes some video stills of that very moment
in fact somebody should make stills of the whole Slane concert.

i was reading this guitar magazine in which the edge said in an interview that he shakes the guitar to get the sound that particular sound, and then in an editor's note it says that doing this to mimic edge's sound is not advisable because you could snap the neck off your guitar...but he's had that gibson explorer FORVER right? unless we just never HEAR about the neck snapping off...but that's a serious thing, it wouldn't just glue back on...

oh well...i just thought it was funny...i never noticed that a butt shake seemed to go with the guitar shaking...:shrug:

IWasBored said:
i was reading this guitar magazine in which the edge said in an interview that he shakes the guitar to get the sound that particular sound, and then in an editor's note it says that doing this to mimic edge's sound is not advisable because you could snap the neck off your guitar...but he's had that gibson explorer FORVER right? unless we just never HEAR about the neck snapping off...but that's a serious thing, it wouldn't just glue back on...

oh well...i just thought it was funny...i never noticed that a butt shake seemed to go with the guitar shaking...:shrug:

I think it's just one of those "don't try this at home" warnings because if someone did try it and did break their guitar, they might blame the magazine. Since Edge has been doing this forever, he has the technique down and has figured out how to shake the guitar without snapping the neck, there could have been a lot of trial and error involved though.

I don't think the butt shake always accompanies the guitar thing, I think sometimes it's just added for emphasis. Pete Townsend used to do a similar thing.

And I completely agree with SE21, stills would be great.

yeah it was probably just the magazine trying to cover themselves, but i think you'd have to shake the guitar really hard in order for the neck to snap...well maybe it all depends on the guitar...

what a rediculous discussion...

i'll go do something more productive now...or maybe just pretend it's still friday :wink: return of the scaley shirt!
ed-all7.jpg

ed-all12.jpg

ed-all8.jpg

ed-all11.jpg

[i

i'll go do something more productive now...or maybe just pretend it's still friday :wink: return of the scaley shirt!
ed-all7.jpg

ed-all12.jpg

ed-all8.jpg

ed-all11.jpg
[/B]

Awwww!! :cute: Look at his shoes!!! I love the scaly shirt, won't you bring it back Edge??? These pics are verrrrrry nice as in..(though i know you hate this smiley) :drool: and :combust: all at the same time..and they say i can't multitask!....thanx iwasbored! :bow:

so does anyone know where the scaely shirt pics are from? i found these all on the same site, but it didn't have any indication of where or when on that tour they were...

and you know what? i think i've come to terms with the drooling smiley...i mean, just LOOK at the pics and try NOT to drool--not an easy task....:no: :)

the one with the explorer found its way onto my computer desktop...

you know, sometimes pictures have ways of popping up on the desk top without telling you...:lol:

this WAS the wallpaper...
edge09.jpg

i'm kind of lazy about picing desktop backgrounds, it's the picture and big blank space and looks kind of pathetic in comparison to some stuff you can do with programmes other than paint...

Back
Top Bottom