Recommendations...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Doods, I joost had a really great experience...

Elevation Boston on my laptop...if it is at all possible for you to watch the concert on a comp or a personal dvd player...go for it! There's absolutely nothing to compare with being about a foot from Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry :)

ALSO...I would highly recommend driving on the highway with the windows rolled down and Achtung Baby blasting...

Nothing like a little U2 to make me feel a lot better :)

Anyone else have recommendations of ways to fully enjoy U2?

i have certain songs, where they take over me when i hear 'em. i turn up the music real loud, close my eyes (well, not if i'm driving), and feel it...i love U2!

hippyactress said:
ALSO...I would highly recommend driving on the highway with the windows rolled down and Achtung Baby blasting...

Do that all the time. My crappy car only has a tape player so I put AB on tape for the car. I actually wore one tape out and had to make another one. :D

I love listening to Pop really loud in my car.... it makes me want to drive faster (especially Mofo).

I also love listening to AB on a discman with the sounds going straight into your ears... you can hear the strings on WGRYWH... sigh... it's so nice. Pop Musik also highly recommended on a walkman, but not if you have heart trouble ;)

JT across the Mojave has healing powers that rival Lourdes. In God's Country in the Virgin River Gorge, especially heading west, is a wonderful thing, as well.

Discotheque and an open highway will put you in another place, most likely the pokey if you don't keep track of who is behind you.

Pop Muzik in the walkman at the gym. If that doesn't get your heartrate up, you're not human!!! :drool:

Heartland as you drive across the Midwest...

Never Let Me Go (off the MDH soundtrack) as you slowdance in candlelight with a gorgeous sexy man...oh wait, that's never happened to me. :p

POP full blast in the car is the ONLY way I can pump myself up for a day of boring desk work!

Except DYFL gets me in the mood for something that has nothing to do with desk work. :drool:

:) This is a cute thread and idear.

*****MONA'S TIPS OF THE DAY******

1. Grab a friend and each learn a part to "Billy Boola" or "When the Stars Go Blue" ;) Mwahaha not that this ever happened.

2. Make a CD of all of Bono's suggestive noises and play them in the car. Not that THIS ever happened.....;)

3. Look for U2ey street signs and go take pictures of yerselves with them.

4. Make MacPhisto shoes............................

OK so maybe that all DID happen. FishyFishyloveyouFishy.

MonaVox said:

1. Grab a friend and each learn a part to "Billy Boola" or "When the Stars Go Blue" ;) Mwahaha not that this ever happened.

2. Make a CD of all of Bono's suggestive noises and play them in the car. Not that THIS ever happened.....;)

I like tip #3....I thought about doing this, and had forgotten.
Thanks for the reminder....
Besides Clayton, Mullen, Evans, Hewson(I don't think I'll find any of these), what other U2 "words" could be street signs???

• If You Wear That Velvet Dress, best slow song to dance to
  • Rattle and Hum also a good Road CD
  • Best of: the best cd to fall asleep to

and well I'm just gonna post a pic cuz I feel like it:)

I :heart: this whole posting from your hard drive

:heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love:

Attachments

• airport2.jpg
    airport2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 66
Mrs.Clayton said:

I like tip #3....I thought about doing this, and had forgotten.
Thanks for the reminder....
Besides Clayton, Mullen, Evans, Hewson(I don't think I'll find any of these), what other U2 "words" could be street signs???

hmm...any song prolly...*stretches*

stay
lemon
mcguinness ;)
melon
pinapple
propoganda
interference
pleba (curse the day...;))
twilight
promenade
uh...so i'm really reaching...look, everything everyday makes me think of u2...i'm always giggling and whatnot...if you see it, you'll know ;)

• Try listening to bootlegs on really good headphones, volume as loud you can stand it, with lots of bass
  • Listening to albums in the car is great, but remember to listen to them on headphones sometimes, in otherwise quiet circumstances. I always find so many little things I miss listening in a noisy car
  • Listen to Achtung Baby in Berlin. The songs fit it really well
  • I'll second JT and R&H in the Southwest. Wow. Bonus points for listening to the "see the canyon broken by cloud" line from Beautiful Day while on a plane over Grand Canyon (yes, I'm a big dork)
  • Listen to "Love is Blindness" turned way up, in the dark
:)

Mirrorball Girl said:
  • Listen to "Love is Blindness" turned way up, in the dark
:)

AMEN SISTAH!!! that's one of those songs for me. i can feel it in my heart, and my head, and my whole body. i love it!

MonaVox said:

stoopid friend who refused to take pictures of the intersection of U and 2 streets... *mumble* *mumble*

Oh, and bootlegs + headphones + real loud = Woo! :yes:

MonaVox said:

LOL Mona! When I read the first post I was like...Get a friend named Mona, but not really, and invent this BDJPMS of people who can also help entertain you, but mostly she has to like Bono noises as much as you do...

1. Make U2 T-shirts...it's amazing how fun this can be...
  2. Search high and low in EVERY store for anything REMOTELY related to U2...kinda like 6 degrees of U2...
  3. I GOT A FEVER! AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE COWBELL! *ahem* Where was I? Oh yeah...
  4. Jesus thinks Zooropa is an underated album...
  5. While we are on the topic of Zooropa..."How can beauty be so kiiiind to and ordinary guy..HEY-EE-AY-YAY
  6. Related to that last point...*PETE YORN INTERUPTS* PETE: Fishy are these really points? FISHY: Hush you...anyway...related to that last...thing...It is soooo fun to listen to U2 with a friend who knows all of Bono's noises...and somehow the noises become more important than the music...
  7. U2 at high volumes is ALWAYS best...Mona has officially blown every speaker I own...inside the house and out...but somehow...it was worth it...
  8. Moulin Rouge...
    [/list=1]

Mona you make me so CRAXY!!! LOL! KAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!

Fish Lady <><

FishNeedsABicycle said:

LOL Mona! When I read the first post I was like...Get a friend named Mona, but not really, and invent this BDJPMS of people who can also help entertain you, but mostly she has to like Bono noises as much as you do...

1. Make U2 T-shirts...it's amazing how fun this can be...
  2. Search high and low in EVERY store for anything REMOTELY related to U2...kinda like 6 degrees of U2...
  3. I GOT A FEVER! AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE COWBELL! *ahem* Where was I? Oh yeah...
  4. Jesus thinks Zooropa is an underated album...
  5. While we are on the topic of Zooropa..."How can beauty be so kiiiind to and ordinary guy..HEY-EE-AY-YAY
  6. Related to that last point...*PETE YORN INTERUPTS* PETE: Fishy are these really points? FISHY: Hush you...anyway...related to that last...thing...It is soooo fun to listen to U2 with a friend who knows all of Bono's noises...and somehow the noises become more important than the music...
  7. U2 at high volumes is ALWAYS best...Mona has officially blown every speaker I own...inside the house and out...but somehow...it was worth it...
  8. Moulin Rouge...
    [/list=1]

Mona you make me so CRAXY!!! LOL! KAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!

Fish Lady <><

1. [color=royal blue]HEY FOLKS That ain't no jive turkey sandwich!! I forgot about the Tshirts. HOW. OK NOW I'M CRAFT HORNY ;) LMAOOOO yes see how many Bono Accidentals you know when singing along with any song. Like the random noises or "yeah's" Or "hey-ey'hey'eys"...[/color]

AB at night on a fast interstate- Awesome!

Beautiful Day on a fast rural road on, well, a beatiful day!

UF on a long, trippy road with no stops for miles.

Best fast driving songs: SBS, NYD, Streets, Ultraviolet!

In God's Country and Red Hill Mining Town- best scenic country drive

Heartland in the heartland of course!

aaaaaah, U2 music!!!

The ONLY way I can accomplish my daily biking quota of 10 miles. :yes:

No batteries = no biking

LOVETH the remixes!

When i get home, my ears ring for half an hour :ohmy:

little do you all know...

within 5 years, lies will have skin cancer and be deaf...i can hear her music clearly across the room...

What everyone said, plus listening to God Part II really loud in the car so you can really feel those drums!

whenever i wake up and know that its going to be a horrible day (eg the first day of exams) i put beautiful day on really loud.
MLK is a good going to sleep song.

I wait until the house is empty and listen to Pop or AB VERY LOUDLY...i have a *great* hi-fi system....there is no such thing as quiet with it...its like ur at a concert :drool: :drool: :drool:

When im able to drive...ill be blasting them from the tape player...that'll be in a few months :D

I like watching POPMART or R&H yummmm
:drool:

bono-vox said:
I wait until the house is empty and listen to Pop or AB VERY LOUDLY...i have a *great* hi-fi system....there is no such thing as quiet with it...its like ur at a concert :drool: :drool: :drool:

:yes: I love being home alone w/the stereo blaring AB, Zooropa and Pop. I just got a copy of the AB B-sides, I'm waiting for a chance to listen to Salome or Lady with the Spinning Head really loud! BTW, these B-sides are great...

Back
Top Bottom