Reasons why we love PLEBA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluesky

The Fly
I was just thinking about this today, and PLEBA is really growing on me. Its becoming a serious addiction.

I know a lot of you have been here much longer than I have, and you are all friends...but I feel like I can call you guys my friends now!
smile.gif

Reasons why I love PLEBA:
1) None of my friends like U2 as much as I do, and PLEBA understands my pain
wink.gif

2) We can drool over yumalicious photos together

3) PLEBA always makes me laugh on a bad day

4) I know you all would make me feel better if things weren't going well

5) Everyone is so nice!!

6) This is the only place we can use words like: bedazzled, Bonolicious, elevated, etc... and we all know what it means
(I've talked about bedazzling shirts with one of my friends, and she totally didn't get it).

What are everyone's reasons why they love PLEBA?
smile.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

you said a lot of what i was thinking already.

i'll add that i love being able to write stories with other people (MPS!) because that is what makes the story so great- there are unexpected twists and many different view points that make the stories something they could never be with a single author, plus you get to be part of the fun and have some control in the story yourself.

i also love mrs. edge's stories. they are so great and always fun to read.

if i were in a band, i would want fans as creative, funny, brilliant, and international as the fans i've seen on PLEBA. they have fans from all over the WORLD, and these fans are so creative too. all of the things said, the stories written, parodies written, poems written, photo doctoring, everything is so brilliant and funny and clever! has anyone else noticed how many people on PLEBA are artists, musicians, writers, and/or some sort of brilliant person, maybe studying to become a doctor? these are the kind of fans I'd want, if I were a star.
smile.gif

and that is why i love PLEBA.

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

I love PLEBA because
1) everyone is as mad (or even more!) about U2 as I am
2) I can have my own opinion and no one judging me about it
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

3) super hot pics of Bono (yummy)
4) always good gossips and stories about the guys
wink.gif

5) ok finally, let's get sentimental, everyone is so nice
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

Reasons why I love PLEBA, and why it is so important to me:

1)I have been blessed to meet the few & rare girls my age who love U2 as much as me

2) I can come here & talk about my bad day without anyone telling me to shutup & deal.... everyone is supportive

3) We have some kind of sick humor that no one else in the world seems to possess

4) I look at the little things in life & I am reminded of something someone said here

Elevator, Smooth Criminal, Pizza Delivery Boy

5) And we can't forget the pictures.......

There's probably a thousand more reasons why I love PLEBA, but my physics homework has drained my mind of energy & thought..... but I think we all sum it up in the same way

------------------
"A conga, my very own conga!" ~ Larry

I send you flowers
Cut flowers for your hall
I know your garden is full
But is there sweetness at all

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Blueeyes goes into a wild, ice-cream clutching crying jag, a la beaches:
I love you guys!!! You are the wind beneath my wings! LOL.
Really,
I love PLEBA for so many reasons
I really do consider you guys my friends.
I love writing messed up soap opera on acid chronicles with the girls in MPS. Hmm, MPS shirts...let's not go there LOL.
You all cheer me up big time
You get my sense of humor
Everyone else is SICK of hearing about U2 from me.

I only wish we could magically transport each other...for example, I went out dancing dressed as the FLY on saturday and I had a TON of fun. One girl even kept yelling "Bono!" at me. But I couldn't help thinking how much mischief I could get into if you guys were really there!
*HUGS*
-Bluey of Doom.

Ditto everybody above, but mostly I agree with Bluesky's #1 reason: it's cos you guys understand the whole "U2 thang", plus I can be as goofy, drooly, wild, crazy, and stupid about U2 as I wanna be...and you guys totally understand and (hopefully) still like me for all my weirdness!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
That certainly says a LOT.

Bluey...would have LOVED to have seen you in your Fly getup, girl!!! WOO HOO!!! Did it look like dis???

Ks50583.jpg

biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Disco

Originally posted by blueeyes:
I love PLEBA for so many reasons
I really do consider you guys my friends.
I love writing messed up soap opera on acid chronicles with the girls in MPS. Hmm, MPS shirts...let's not go there LOL.
You all cheer me up big time
You get my sense of humor
Everyone else is SICK of hearing about U2 from me.

I only wish we could magically transport each other...for example, I went out dancing dressed as the FLY on saturday and I had a TON of fun. One girl even kept yelling "Bono!" at me. But I couldn't help thinking how much mischief I could get into if you guys were really there!
*HUGS*
-Bluey of Doom.

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 10-28-2001).]

Awww...
This is so nice!
smile.gif
smile.gif

one more:
I love PLEBA because we all share our personal photos that we've taken, which we wouldn't be able to see anywhere else!!
((((HUG TO ALL PLEBA-GIRLS)))))
smile.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Bluey...would have LOVED to have seen you in your Fly getup, girl!!! WOO HOO!!! Did it look like dis???

Ks50583.jpg

biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 10-28-2001).]
OMG!
Disco baby, you made me choke on my toast!
LMFAO!
Actually, you got it just about right!
I haven't had the photos developed cause I am saving some of the roll for some good Mr Macphisto pics on Wed.
Btw, are there any particular crazy things you weirdos want to see me as "Mr Mac" do? Ie) Mr Mac with bedhead, Mr Mac in a grocery store etc...
Yes I am dangerously insane.
-Bluey

WOAH
eek.gif
Balls, eh, bluey?? LMAO

Why I love PLEBA? Simple!

Because of:

P
L
E
B

and the most important!!

A!!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

RSOC's Sparky Shrine

I love Pleba cos the most rockin girlies are here and we all Love U2 so we're the best
biggrin.gif

BTW Bluey *ahem* *points* Elevation lmao

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
I love Pleba cos the most rockin girlies are here and we all Love U2 so we're the best
biggrin.gif

BTW Bluey *ahem* *points* Elevation lmao

OMG!
You made me spit diet pepsi out my nose!
Actually, when I was dancing as the FLY and having a blast (and being sweaty as hell!) all I could think of is the "elevated thread".
But you know what?...that is probably the only thing I won't do.
Not so much won't as ....can't and I'm not pulling a "Spinal tap" here.
I draw the line you sick girls
smile.gif

-Bluey

I love Pleba for all the above reasons, but also because you guys are reparing a lot of psychological damage done from my school days when I was treated cruelly, to say the least. I kind of feel like I am part of a tribe now, and that many of the tribe members actually seem to appreciate what I have to say.

Thank you for being so accepting, enthusiastic, understanding, and so much fun. I truly consider you to be real friends, some of you are now among my best friends for life. ((((hugs)))))

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 10-29-2001).]

I love PLEBA for all of the reasons everybody else has said. It's just so nice to be able to go to a place where you are understood, and not made fun of for being obsessed with the best band in the whole wide world!

Thanks to all the PLEBA girls for alaways making me feel right at home...

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
I luv PLEBA because I am an only child and have always yearned for the feeling of Sisterhood.
wink.gif

Aw-that's GREAT! I'm not an only child-but have no sisters-and I have always longed to have one.

It's just the best that people feel like sisters around here.

It's a gal-filled(hey-I know guys read it too-and are welcome to post) fun-filled fantasy land. And it definitely cheers me up too.and you 'younguns' are all so sweet and make me feel younger
biggrin.gif

Awwwwwwwwwww I'm an only child too and Ya'll are all my sistas!!! My Plebian sistas!!! *hugs the whole PLEBA forum* I love you girls!!!!

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

Ditto for all the reasons above. I love it that I can be as weird as I want and you have to put up with me cos no one is near enough to slap me and tell me to shut up
smile.gif

If I'm having a bad day PLEBA always cheers me up. Plus I love the stories, piccies and hilarious threads.
*hugs for all PLEBA girls*

BTW love the Blueyfly pic
smile.gif

I just went out to a Mexican restaurant, and on the menu, it said:

*One Tamale* $2.75.

I started cracking up, and my friend had no idea what was going on...I didn't even try to explain! Of course, she's going to Vegas with me, so maybe after that she will be *converted*
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

PLEBA is something very special to me.....

I used to hate going to U2 boards cause there would be the ubiquitous U2 haters who would always try and bring the fans down.....

But I love PLEBA & Interference becuase only the true fans know about this place, and all the PLEBA sisters add this amazing atmosphere....

I just hope there's never gonna be a day where I forget this place.... as long as we all love U2, we'll be sitting at our computers 50 years from now still talking about how hot they are (don't wanna say "were") ~ LoL

------------------
~ Katie ~
Dreamin' out loud.....

"A conga, my very own conga!" ~ Larry

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom