REAL VERSION Electrical Storm to be played on RTE TODAY!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Yes, let's hope! Seriously, I was all set to wait until September to hear this, but the fact that it is now out there somewhere BEING HEARD by people who are NOT ME, is simply torturous. Please oh please somebody have made an mp3. :slant:

Doods, I was totally prepped to record it, then.....NOTHING!!! I thought, maybe, joost maybe by the grace of God someone would inform the dood that NO ONE here could hear it and he might wait and play it towards the end of the show....but.....nooooooo!!!!! gah! my sound came back in joost as he was saying "that was the new single from U2...."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *punches pillows*

the fact that it is now out there somewhere BEING HEARD by people who are NOT ME, is simply torturous.

*weeps* s'not fair I tell you!
Coffee ad: whatever you do, sit back, relax, and listen to the music...
Me: I CAN'T! I WOULD IF YOU'D LET ME, BUT YOU WON'T! :grumpy:

bloody figures doesn't it. Bloody real player has decided to start working now. but I don't want to use bloody real player any bloody more cos they already played the bloody song didn't they.

bloody hell

:rant:

(anyone get the feeling I'm a bit miffed?)

right. I'm off to eat comfort food :lmao:

(blimey - just carried on listening to RTE and they're playing a song with LOADS of F words in it....at 8pm!! censorship must be a bit more relaxed in Ireland than the UK!)

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Is there a way we can email this guy? He just said you could text him, but unfortuantly that doesn't help us international listeners...

I e-mailed him an hour ago to let him know that everyone I was talking to in the USA was hearing only static, but I guess its kinda mute point now, since he played the song anyway.......

ggggRRRRRRRR:mad:

for everyone who heard static, this might explain it:

from YouTwo.net

Irish DJ Dave Fanning premiered U2's new single "Electrical Storm" on 2FM this evening. 2FM's RealAudio
webcast was purposely interrupted while the song was being played to prevent an electronic capture of
the recording, leaving thousands of online listeners disappointed. UK listeners who heard the radio broadcast
report that the version Fanning played is different than the version Radio 1 played last Sunday.

So basically we heard static because they didn't want ppl to record it. that is such a stupid reason. if they didn't want ppl to have it before it's release they shouldn't play it at all!

~Angelfire~

~Angelfire~ said:
for everyone who heard static, this might explain it:

from YouTwo.net

Irish DJ Dave Fanning premiered U2's new single "Electrical Storm" on 2FM this evening. 2FM's RealAudio
webcast was purposely interrupted while the song was being played to prevent an electronic capture of
the recording, leaving thousands of online listeners disappointed. UK listeners who heard the radio broadcast
report that the version Fanning played is different than the version Radio 1 played last Sunday.

So basically we heard static because they didn't want ppl to record it. that is such a stupid reason. if they didn't want ppl to have it before it's release they shouldn't play it at all!

Nice. They advertise it on their website, but won't let anyone listen to it online. Yeah, that's really great. I mean, I understand why they did it, but couldn't they have just said that's what they were going to do in the first place?

MonaVox said:
I guess I missed it. GEEZ I go to the doctor's fer an hour and lookit what happens.......

lol. You didn't miss nothin. Well, you did miss all banging our heads against the wall cause we couldn't actually hear the song.

Quick recap:

us: :happy: (cause we were gonna hear new U2, see)

U2: :cool: (cause U2 is always :cool:)

2FM: :shame: (cause the didn't want us to record it)

online radio stream: _______ (cause nothing was there)

us: :banghead: :yell: :censored: :banghead: (cause we were mad, see)

Lalalalala. I think this whole thing has driven me insane. :crack:

I've been nuts all along!

Lalalalala. I think this whole thing has driven me insane. :crack:

further insane, you mean?

*runs like hell from the wrath of gina* :D :angel:

:laugh: :laugh:

Well THANKYOU fer the recap! :laugh: Whatever DID we do without all these smilies?

My :heart: she throws me like a rubber :crack:

OK, I JUST recorded the last 50 seconds, cus I was gonna get it from some Toronto thingy, but it had to download new sotfware, and it was playing while my compy was buffering, so, yeah, I have the last 50 seconds and its shitty quality, whatever station that was, their internet radio sucks!

Oh Fookin great!! :grumpy:

i go away for the fookin afternoon and i miss all the fookin action. :banghead:

:scream: FOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

i was reading the thread from the beginning and i got all fookin excited and then disappointed cause everyone fookin missed it (me included obviously) and then angry at the fookin radio station cause they interrupted the internet radio. us north american fans would like the chance to hear new u2 early too......fookin a-holes. :angry:

.....and did i mention FOOK.....and in case ya missed it the first time i said it ......FOOK!!!!!!! :yell:

sorry for the potty mouth.....im not normally this bad....honestly. :angel:

...and i finally get to use all the angry smilies that look so fun but not useful til times like these.

Why are we the only three people in PLEBA who care about this??? :confused:

You're not. I got a download. RealOne *did* flake out on me. However, I'd downloaded the thing from another site.

I live in Ontario Canada, a radio station called Edge 102 started playing electrical storm 2 days ago. I heard it on the radio 3 times today!:)

Just an FYI for everyone....I dowloaded ALL THREE versions which I found on KAZAA!!! :up:

they're ALL great, and it's nice to not have the BBC1 blurb in the middle.

It's amazing how FAST new stuff gets out there!! :heart: :yes: :heart:

Actually, there's only two versions that have been widely released. The third version (the one w/out the glockenspiel) is just the single version without the "left channel." Somehow the William Orbit version, which is in fact on the promo cd sent to the radio stations, hasn't been released as an mp3. But I'm sure it'll turn up sooner or later, what with rabid U2 fans on it's tail. ;)

They explain all the different versions better here:

http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/es.html

Back
Top Bottom