Re-naming The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crystal4470

The Fly
I have been spreading the word around the town that i live in, Melbourne-Australia, that my daughter has re-named Edge to Beanieman.

I think this name suits him better since all he wears now is beanies..

What do you think? Should we all start calling him Beanieman?

I also would like everyone to post pictures of Egde as "Beanieman" please. I appologize that i haven't as i am working on a friends computer and i haven't got my picture files with me.

beanieman :giggle: i think it's sweet, though The Edge sounds much cooler :wink:

anyway, here's the Beanieman!
7b8e253c.jpg

there's a jamaican hip hop dude who goes by "beenieman." and he is VERY different from edge. even though the spelling is diff, the pronounciation is the same. so.... confusion would arise!

"hey look at beenieman, the guy from u2!!"
"What, he joined u2??"
"Nooo, he's always been in it!"
"Whaaat???"

And so on. :)

@crystal4470:
Welcome! What did she say this time? :D if I show Edge pics to others at my school they all don't know who he is :| seriously.
"Who's U2?" ...

6c3c9870.jpg

I love this one - look at those eyes :faint:
aea71e3f.jpg

Well, perhaps we should call him Edge-Beanieman? It's a bit long..

Thanks for the photos. my daughter has them now pinned to her bedroom wall with a great big sign she painted "Beanieman".

I am now looking for a photo of Edge playing his red guitar, cos my daughter has a red toy guitar. I think he plays a red guitar on the vertigo, chicago dvd.

aww, that is so sweet ^_^ *ones to see that*

do you mean his red Gibson?
cd61e377.jpg

68102f19.jpg

72e0ea0e.jpg

you can see him with this guitar when he plays Elevation, for example. I hope you talked about this one :)

Its pathetic how I know what words he is singing... I have seen the live DVD's too many times...

I would call him... The Point!... or The Vertice!

:hug: "...Guggi remembers. "We used to try to find a word that sounded the way someone looked - Bono thought I looked like a 'guggi' and it´s stuck - and I thought Dave looked like the word "Inchicore", which is a little village on the west side of Dublin. It captured what was going on physically in his head. It sounds the way he is. Then it got abbreviated to "The Edge" and then "Edge". These days there are even a few people who call him "Reg"....from Word magazine / dec 2005

just say, there´s a coincidence, cause my nick is Reg

Back
Top Bottom