Random Weirdness... Bono Related

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I was just sending someone an e-mail containing the word Bono :wink: ..when I did a spell check, this is what it suggested for "other spellings" for Bono..

Boon
Bo no
Bo-no
Bongo
Boo
Ono
Bone
Bon
Bona
Bony
Bond
Brno
Bong
Bolo
Bozo
Mono
Bozzi
Borneo
Bingo
Bogon
Boron
Boson
Boob :shifty:
Boom
Noon
Born
Bin
Noni
Vino
Boone
Boony

Yes, I'm bored and easily amused. Thank you and good night :D

Yeah, we gave Bono a new nickname. The B-Man! Or do I make that up? :laugh: Who made that up?

Cute Irish Bono said:
Yeah, we gave Bono a new nickname. The B-Man! Or do I make that up? :laugh: Who made that up?

I don't know, I've always wondered! I have been a fan since '83, but I never heard the name until I started reading forums and mailing lists during the Elevation Tour. Is it something new? I never knew the origin.

Someone at my school was making fun of me liking Bono cause I had a pic of him and they didnt quite remember his name and they said Bongo, it was hilarious! I was like" If you're gonna make fun of me liking somebody you should know his name first!" And I was laughing histarically!

That's a better nickname than what my ex-boyfriend used to call him. He used to call him "Boner' whenever he saw him on TV. He'd say,"Hey honey... BONER is on TV!!!" What a dork!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Cute Irish Bono said:

I'm not positive, but it sounds like something BP Fallon might've called him. Don't have the book here so I can't check, but it's just a guess. Maybe it's something unique to PLEBA. :shrug:

I like calling Bono the B-Man. It feels like an affectionate nickname for him :)

Back
Top Bottom