R.I.P Mr. Luciano Pavarotti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
small.jpg

60 minutes is re-airing a Pavarotti interview tonight.

^ The interview just came on on the East Coast...very late due to tennis....

onekea said:

Well done, last unicorn. I'm sorry, I didn't link to interference during the day so I didn't help you with the translation but what you've written is a very good synthesis of the article.
Many other newspaper has remarked today the presence of Bono & Co. in despite of the absence of many others who had close collaborations with the Maestro.
I appreciated this part of the article:"It was the true tribute of a son to his artistic father, the last thanks before the for evermore good-by (...) ..and during all the time of the funeral, almost before taking the Holy Communion passing by the cuffin, Bono held hand in hand with his wife, embraced her as the song of Boccelli reached unstopable picks, entrusted her to his thoughts, translated for her as Pavarotti's daughter came to greet them. An intimacy that deny all his pretended love stories. And not even a glance to prime minister Prodi, no grant to worldliness. Maybe the moments of Miss Sarajevo run by his eyes, the ballade which mixed U2's sweet and visionary shades with Pavarotti's voice.(...)"Leave me alone" he said before slipping away from Duomo's overleaf, and with tearful eyes to his bodyguards:"And now what do we have to do?"

I'm glad he told people to leave him alone.

So, Bono did not go up at the church and speak, we would have seen vid/pix if he did, right? I thought he would have, since they were so close, but maybe then there would have been so many to go up, and it would have been emotionally unbearable for family and friends.

kellyahern, thank you for these new pictures of Bono and Edge writing their messages into the book of condolences.

I know it's not the time and place to talk about their looks, but the more pictures I see of this day, the more I realize that Edge looks so different in this suit, glasses and without his hat, and Bono always looks like Bono as long as he's wearing those glasses.

thankyou everybody for the amazing photos. thanks to all of you we wouldn't be able to follow so many stories, or see any of this. really appreciated!!

Thank you People for posting the Lovely photos and the links too ;)

Edge Looks very smart In his suit not often we see him in photos dressed in his suit.

Bono Ali and morliegh Look Great too.

I had avoided reading this as I lost my own Dad to pancreatic cancer two years ago. Pavarotti's voice gives me goosebumps. Cheers to your courage and fight against this horrible disease Maestro. Time to go cry.

Sorry, Sister Moon. I lost my dad to colon cancer.

I know my dad is at peace, and for that I'm grateful.

Back
Top Bottom