R.I.P Mr. Luciano Pavarotti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
66xefpx.jpg

last unicorn said:
I didn't see Edge and Morleigh, but they showed Bono and Ali several times. Bono sat next to legendary Italian director Franco Zefirelli. Andrea Bocelli sang so beautifully, it was very moving. They just brought the coffin out to the sounds of Nessun Dorma, very touching.

Ali wears a beautiful dress, both of them look very good. But it pains me to see Nicoletta and the children, especially little Alice.

On CNN they showed Morleigh next to Ali, but not Edge. Ali is looking absolutely gorgeous.
This was such a beautiful service.
I always get chicken skin listening to the Maestro singing Nessun Dorma. Listening to it at the end of the ceremony was so, so touching…:sad:

greety said:
I missed the whole thing :sad:

Does anyone know if there are any video links around?
I checked CNN, but there is nothing from the ceremony.

hi greety. same here, can't find anything from the ceremony either, just pics. on cnn.

Wow, Bono is really a little blondie, I guess that's from all the sun he had during the summer. And what the hell is he doing with his tie?

And Edge looks cool, he looks like he's their bodyguard.

:pray: Rest in peace Mr Luciano Pavarotti ....

Nessun Dorma - Edge, Bono, Eno, Dolores O'Riordan, Simon Le Bon are in the back-vocals for Luciano Pavarotti. At the final, you can't see in this video, but Edge sprays champagne to celebrate. I have an impression that, the proper Pavarotti asked for Edge to spray the champagne, cause he enjoys a lot this moment during the final of Nessun Dorma. So sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4GhZ90BtxQ

Last edited:
Regina O'Numb said:
:pray: Rest in peace Mr Luciano Pavarotti ....

Nessun Dorma - Edge, Bono, Eno, Dolores O'Riordan, Simon Le Bon are in the back-vocals for Luciano Pavarotti. At the final, you can't see in this video, but Edge sprays champagne to celebrate. I have an impression that, the proper Pavarotti asked for Edge to spray the champagne, cause he enjoys a lot this moment during the final of Nessun Dorma. So sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4GhZ90BtxQ

thankyou so much! that was great. it was amazing to be brought back to that time, it seems so long ago. the singing was very moving.

here's another one, "ave maria":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EdTuN3aQUo&NR=1

Last edited:
silvrlvr said:

There is a moment to show RESPECT and this is it. That's even more important in Italy, where appearance is so important, and for proof, just look around that crowd, and see how beautifully everyone is dressed.

C'mon, do we not forget that this was an event that put together famous people. It's sad to think so, but we know some people went there only to see and some other were there only to be seen. It's the way the story goes everywhere in the world and a funeral doesn't make difference, unfortunately. :sigh:
Anyway, Pavarotti said once that he would have had people not wearing black at his funeral and that was maybe Nicoletta's choice.

ramblin rose said:
Cnn International is broadcasting it.

The co-observer on Cnn was american conductor Arthur Fagen :eeklaugh:
He conducted the orchestra in which I work no more than two weeks ago! I didn't know he was so well-regarded :huh:

The love and respect that Bono and Ali have for each other is so satisfying to see. It only makes him more of a man, to always show in a subtle way his connection and need for her. She looks beautiful as always. I wonder if he was annoyed to have his pic taken at this sad and intimate time, but just dealt with it by ignoring it was happening.

last unicorn said:
Wow, Bono is really a little blondie, I guess that's from all the sun he had during the summer. And what the hell is he doing with his tie?

And Edge looks cool, he looks like he's their bodyguard.

Could it be a nervous fidgeting with the tie thing??? I always get so nervous at wakes and funerals.

europop2005 said:

:ohmy: very sharp mr The Edge!

sadly enough I only could see the first half hour and then had to go to work... I saw few shots of Bono, Ali, Morleigh and Edge... and the people of CNN kept :blahblah:ing trough the speech of the italian guy ><

Back
Top Bottom