R.I.P Mr. Luciano Pavarotti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the photos people and video. ;)

I was in shock When i heard the news . I knew he was sick i didn't expect him to die this year :( I was crying I'm still sad :(

Our Great oprea singer Has died with a beautiful voice. :(:)( :( :(

onekea said:

Nope. Press agencies say today that tenor Andrea Boccelli will sing at the funeral and a parade by italian three-coloured airplanes will take place after it.
Bono's presence hasn't been confirmed yet, but anyway, regardless of it, I hope the funeral will be shown on TV to give everyone the opportunity of following the Maestro in his last applaud. :sigh:

onekea, do you know if the funeral will be aired on the RAI?

I could check RAI ceefax, but I wouldn't be able to read or understand anything anyway.. :wink:

I´ll never forget the time he played in Buenos Aires for free. He played on 9 de Julio Avenue and the streets were packed. Man, that was some show!

I'll never forget that man. He has a special place in my heart ´cus my Italian grandparents used to play his records and sing to me in Italian when I was a little girl.

greety said:

I could check RAI ceefax, but I wouldn't be able to read or understand anything anyway.. :wink:

I really hoped it, but unfortunately the TV's programming doesn't relate anything to it yet. :(
To be honest, I'm not even sure anymore if B. will be there...news keep on legging and confirming it...:grumpy: ...the fact is, tomorrow will be a hard day for Modena.

I wonder if there will be coverage on cnn.com live streaming. there was when Modena was awaiting the arrival of Mr. Pavarotti.
He held such a presence, and seeing some coverage, may make us feel a little more closely connected, in a way.:sad:

Thanks for that BBC link Greety. You could hear the love and respect Bono had for Pavarotti. :hug:

BONO TO ATTEND PAVAROTTI'S FUNERAL
September 07, 2007
posted by: Miranda

Bono will attend Pavarotti's funeral in Modena's cathedral this Saturday,
September 8, 2007.

Reuters says Bono will join former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan and a
host of celebrity friends and fans at the funeral, which is scheduled to
begin at 3pm.

The tenor will be laid to rest at the Montale Rangone cemetery near his
villa outside Modena, where his parents are buried.

Foto1.jpg

greety said:

RAI has confirmed the funeral will be aired at 14.50 today.

Good for Bono that he is paying tribute and respect to his friend by attending the funeral, I wonder who else is going to be there. It's such a sad occasion.

Btw, can someone make a downloadable file of the BBC interview, because I would really love to have that on my mp3 walkman, it's so beautiful, but I can only listen to it, not d/l it. Thanks.

3pm local time is about an hour and 10 minutes, :sigh: I gotta work at 4... so hopefully I'll be able to see a little bit of it

Having trouble keeping the link running. I have had it on for about 15 min and i think they are bringing the casket out from the church now. There are so many people outside, and their are so many beautiful flowers.:sad:

The Rai live stream doesn't work for me, always going on and off, then no picture, just sound. Is there any other way to see it on the net? :sad:

blm, if you go to cnn com and then click on the video link right under the main story which is the funeral, you should go directly to the live stream. It's still going on.

thanks unicorn, i am checking under world, or entertainment, cuz i can't seem to get the link you mentioned. i am in awe of peoples' love for him. he was a teddy bear, it seems!
okay, i am sorry to ask at this time, but did you see B and was Ali with him??

Back
Top Bottom