Quotes on their wives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read in "At the end of the world"book..,Bono spent a lot of time with Christy Turlington and some journalists said they were in love or some other crap.Bono wanted to stop seeing Christy, but then Ali advised:Dont miss the opportunity" I will never forget it.
That is what love is about i thought, what a strong and clever woman(Ali)

I don't know the exact quote but it was something like this... Bono was asked about all the models and attention and if he wanted them or so..
"well they are all very nice to me, but as soon as I introduced them to my wife they lost interest in me. They're her friends now!"

U2 At The End Of The World (Page 403)

Edge arrives, exasperated and mumbling curses. "I've been under the stage since sound check!" he tells Larry. That's over two hours. "Don't ever try to reprogram a string section while the support band is playing above your head!" He notices that we are sitting in front of a particullary gruesome mural of Bono and Edge, painted by the locals in tribute. It pretty much kills what is left of his appetite.

Edge is grumbling about impending disaster when Morleigh slips up behind him, puts her hands on his shoulders and, when he turns his head, plants a kiss on his lips. Edge's mood lightens at once. Pretty soon he's joking about the string of mechanical disasters that have befallen U2's high-tech operation here in the land of aboriginal sorcery.

Edgette said:
U2 At The End Of The World (Page 403)

Edge arrives, exasperated and mumbling curses. "I've been under the stage since sound check!" he tells Larry. That's over two hours. "Don't ever try to reprogram a string section while the support band is playing above your head!" He notices that we are sitting in front of a particullary gruesome mural of Bono and Edge, painted by the locals in tribute. It pretty much kills what is left of his appetite.

Edge is grumbling about impending disaster when Morleigh slips up behind him, puts her hands on his shoulders and, when he turns his head, plants a kiss on his lips. Edge's mood lightens at once. Pretty soon he's joking about the string of mechanical disasters that have befallen U2's high-tech operation here in the land of aboriginal sorcery.

Aww, that's sweet :heart: :cute:.

From a Rolling Stone article dated May 7, 1987:

Bono admits they've had their share of problems since the success of The Unforgettable Fire, U2's 1984 album. In describing the personal strains of 1986, Bono says simply, "I live with a very strong person, and she throws me out occasionally."

Rolling Stone article October 8, 1987:
I hardly saw my wife Ali, my wife, for a year. 1986 was an incredibly bad year for me. It's almost impossible to be married and be in a band on the road- but Ali is able to make it work. Then you tell the press that she is her own person and very smart and not some dolly girl and that she doesn't take any shit from me, and they read it into a marital breakdown. And I think, "Well, what sort of women are they married to?"

I've always found those quotes about 1986 very strange. Clearly for some reason(s), it was a very bad year (Greg Carroll's death being one example). But with the exception of the month-long Conspiracy of Hope tour, the band were not on the road. So why Bono and Ali hardly saw each other is a mystery. (Maybe he just got his dates screwed up?:shrug:)

Okay, I don't really have any quotes to share, but everytime I see the title of this thread, I get a mental image of Morleigh and Ali buried beneath a bunch of quotes..

I really need to stop visiting stuffonmycat.com :lmao:

I remember reading a quote from Bono he sometimes feels like he's not good enough for Ali.

biff said:
I've always found those quotes about 1986 very strange. Clearly for some reason(s), it was a very bad year (Greg Carroll's death being one example). But with the exception of the month-long Conspiracy of Hope tour, the band were not on the road. So why Bono and Ali hardly saw each other is a mystery. (Maybe he just got his dates screwed up?:shrug:)

The band lived in a house together to record the Joshua Tree album. That would have been 1986 since the album was released in March of 1987.

arw9797 said:

The band lived in a house together to record the Joshua Tree album. That would have been 1986 since the album was released in March of 1987.
and Adam liked that house a lot, since he bought it and still lives in it :)

xtal said:
From a Rolling Stone article dated May 7, 1987:

Bono admits they've had their share of problems since the success of The Unforgettable Fire, U2's 1984 album. In describing the personal strains of 1986, Bono says simply, "I live with a very strong person, and she throws me out occasionally."

Rolling Stone article October 8, 1987:
I hardly saw my wife Ali, my wife, for a year. 1986 was an incredibly bad year for me. It's almost impossible to be married and be in a band on the road- but Ali is able to make it work. Then you tell the press that she is her own person and very smart and not some dolly girl and that she doesn't take any shit from me, and they read it into a marital breakdown. And I think, "Well, what sort of women are they married to?"

Yes, i remeber that one. i like it a lot!Thanx!

Back
Top Bottom