Quit Pooping!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dismantled said:
Bring em' down!!! I did once.......this really sleazy pet store opened near my house when I was in high school. Anyway my best friend and I went in there once and couldn't believe what we saw!!! It was horrible....first of all it was like in a run down nasty store front.....there were puppies for sale and thier eyes were NOT EVEN OPEN YET! There was kittens crammed into small cages...like 7-8 in a small cage and no litter box and nothing was cleaned for weeks it seemend. Poor rabbits in urine soaked litter and sores on his feet...birds with half its feathers missing. I was horrified and had to do something about it.
ONe call to a Animal Humane league and that place was history! Actually we called, the next day the people running the place took off leaving all the animals behind. But luckly they were saved.

That is revolting! God bless you for making that phone call. I'm tearing up here at the thought of so many places like this. It makes me sick to my stomach that people treat animals this way...and it makes me really angry.

thrillme said:

It's not fair to assume why the cat was back there, was to breed kittens. Could be to quarantine it from other animals, it could have a medical condition, and is back there so kids won't tease it and rile it up.

True, I'm merely speculated. But I know the store doesn't sell adults cats or have an adoption program. This cat you could tell was either pregnant had given birth before a lot or recently. I go to this store a lot and began to notice that the kittens were all resembling this calico I saw in back. I can't think of any other good reason they'd keep a caged, un-spayed, adult female cat.

I understand what you're saying about the puppies and the financial investment that goes into raising a purebred. When I get my puppy, I'm going straight to a breeder that specializes in the breed of dog I want and I'll ask the breeder for some people I can contact and see if they're happy with their dogs. After seeing some puppy mill shows on TV, I still can't bring myself to get a dog from a pet store, regardless of what papers the dog would come with. Fortunately for dogs, it seems they are subject to much stricter regulations for pet stores than cats or small exotics.

Let me throw in the vet's 2 cents worth...

Hopefully the problem has been solved by removing the carpet, it can be very difficult to remove the smell - even if you don't smell anything, it can linger at a level that a dog can still detect. Punishment definitely doesn't work after the fact, if you can catch them in the act you can sternly say "no!" and then very quickly pick them up to try to finish outside.

It often helps to put the poop outside in the yard in the area where it is permissible for them to go, and next time walk him in that area. For youngish dogs, it's improtant to give them opportunites to go when they are most likely to need to - mainly, after napping, eating, and an intense play session. Be patient, give them lots of time outside, and lots of praise when they do go in the right area.

Good luck! :hug:

aSome pet stores sell kittens or puppies that people give them from their own litters. I gave a litter to a feed and seed store once, and my friend gave one to a pet store in the mall. They give them their shots and wormings and sell them for $15-$20. The shelters around here have gotten so full of red tape they make you put your entire life history on paper and pay $35-$50 and then if you don't have it spayed or neutered in a certain time they will arrest you. It scares a lot of people away from shelters, and that's sad because those animals are dying in there:( But some people prefer pet stores, and I felt better giving my litter to the store because I knew they would sell eventually and not get put to sleep if no one took them in 5 days like the pound does. I have also given kittens to people I know personally, but no strangers. You hear too many stories about free pup or kittens in the paper being used for terrible things :mad: :sad:

And speaking of puppy mills, the pet store in my mall (couple years after all my friend's kittens sold) was shut down overnight one night for reasons we never found out. All the animals vanished and we don't know what happened to them. I hope they weren't killed. There were a few kittens but mostly purebread pups, birds, ferrets, rodents, and fish- lots and lots of fish, including rare ones. They were all gone just like that. I can't believe they found places for them all that fast. I assume the worst. So if you turn in a store make sure the animals won't get killed, that is not a good thing.

I had noticed for years when this store's pups got too big they marked them down to almost nothing to get rid of them- a collie that had been $600 went for $50. My neighbor got a Cocker Spaniel for free! They told her she was too old to sell and had a blind eye so nobody wanted her and she was getting put down if they didn't take her, so they did. They still have her and she's 11 years old now. I hear some pet stores put down pups after a certain age and write it off on their taxes and lost merchandise:mad:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

I hear some pet stores put down pups after a certain age and write it off on their taxes and lost merchandise:mad:

God that pisses me off!!!!! There isn't a smiley that can do my feeling justice...maybe if there was one flippin the bird. Anyway...that is sick and I say its time to put down the store owners who do things like that.

Ok........changing gears..on a happier note...the carpet has been pulled up and we have had no poops for 2 days..........:dance: This is my no poop dance....................

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who helped out!!:wave: :kiss:

Glad to hear it! I'm not surprised at the difference with the carpet being gone. Your doggie could probably smell those smells in the carpet, which made him want to go.

Back
Top Bottom