Queue up if you want to see Larry throw like a girl!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok girls here's the deal:

I have that video "Outside It's America" where Larry throws like a girl. And now that I'm home (for a few days) I have two vcrs at my hands and can make come copies.

Only problem is I don't know how many I can tape. But I'll do as many as I can. So the only way I can think of this is the first replies I get, those are the pl who I will mail these out to.

This is all in VHS format (sorry, Pal pl) and I'd need you to send me a blank tape & s&h costs - I'd like to give them away but just moved so I have no money anymore. Anyway. I'll try and tape as many as I can, like I said. Oh, and you should know- the quality is VERY low. Someone taped this for me a while ago, and from what I have seen on the web, everyone's copy is pretty poor. I mean, like C quality. So keep that in mind if you really want it. I can add on MuchMusic 2000 Edge & Larry if you're interested, but that means making less tapes (b/c more time spent taping).

Ok, so first replies, starts the queue.
smile.gif
I'm gonna say I definitely won't be able to do more than 15, and that's being very generous. I'm only home for a few days. (and, not promising anything, but I might be able to steal one of the VCRs to take back with me, but we'll see.)

------------------
"You shout and shout
You're inside out
'til you don't know."

*&* U2 TAKE ME HIGHER *&*

Awww, PLEBA girls are the best!!!

I'm more of a Bono girl, so I'm going to pass, but you are very thoughtful do this, Olive!

Ooops, just to clarify it's not a video just of Larry, in case anyone else is wondering. It's "outside it's america" , which was shown on MTV in 87, and follows the band through their Joshua Tree escapades, you see them buying boots, hats, playing pool, riding on airplanes, the photo shoots for Time magazine, etc. I should have explained that before oops.

but, I just figured I'd offer b/c a lot of people were wanting it when this came up back in August.

where in the world is April!?!? i dunno if she has this already, but i know she'd love to see that!
bwaaahaahaaahaahaa...at the thought of larry throwing like a girl!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting. If you've chosen that instrument you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident" - Adam

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Ooops, just to clarify it's not a video just of Larry, in case anyone else is wondering. It's "outside it's america" , which was shown on MTV in 87, and follows the band through their Joshua Tree escapades, you see them buying boots, hats, playing pool, riding on airplanes, the photo shoots for Time magazine, etc. I should have explained that before oops.

but, I just figured I'd offer b/c a lot of people were wanting it when this came up back in August.

OMG....okay then, sign me up Carrie!!! i don't have the complete thingie!!! pick me!!pick me!!! pick me!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting. If you've chosen that instrument you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident" - Adam

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

that video sounds like a great one, i hate being young; i was a little kido in 87' and thus didn't have a huge U2 obbsession; i couldn't contemplate the genius that is U2
frown.gif
*sigh* *going off to sulk*

------------------
--U2002revolution
(not-a-newbie)

U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

ok folks, this is for the Europeans out here. I?ve got the same thing on PAL, and I have two VCR?s.
Same terms as Olives
smile.gif

Who wants a PAL version???

BTW - that video shows Adam shirtless, no shoes (toes!!!!!) and Edge without a hat and Bono buying a hat and boots!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

hey you guys are great for doing this... i would love a copy of that... i'm down under but i think my video can play either version. i would be prepared to send a blank tape and money for shipping... not sure how much it would be to australia??
heres my email -jackiestoddart@bigpond.com

please drop me a line if you can help me out.

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Yayyyy!!! I love this video!!!! Someone from another list got me a copy, along with Ali's "Black Wind, White Land" - you're right Olive, they are both somewhat degraded (copies of copies), but still great. OiA is one of my favorite videos, because it shows lots of behind the scenes stuff (like photo shoots)_ and the guys on the plane (Bono singing "Oh Jeannie" is a scream!) The bit where Larry throws like a girl is hilarious - he tosses a rock, then Bono berates him, saying "You'd never get into our gang throwing like that!"
biggrin.gif

I give it two thumbs up! Olive, you're awesome to make copies!
smile.gif

Adam's toes?

biggrin.gif

Count me in (if I'm not too late)! I'd be happy to send you s&h and a tape for Adam's toes. Hee.

izzy (elizabeths@partlycloudy.com))

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.
Perpetual Newbie in the ScottPhisto Society
"I invented cool. And you're on a boat with me." -Larry Mullen, Jr. (at Sellafield)

OK so far I've got
Sparky's Girl
Popangel
Sicy
U2002revolution <--- not sure if you wanted one or not...
Aussie girl <--maybe AM can copy yours so I can do others? but if you can't read Pal then no problem, i'll get you one too
izzybeth

smile.gif
I'm in the process of copying and will let you know in a couple days how many I have done. I'm surprised not more people want it, to be honest! lol- they were just raving and begging for it in Aug! oh well, you girls are getting a real treat though!
smile.gif

------------------
"You shout and shout
You're inside out
'til you don't know."

Sits in the back of the classroom waving frantically back and forth trying to get Olive's attention...

OH ME!!! PICK ME!!! I WANT ONE!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASE?????? If you have time...
smile.gif

Fishy <><

------------------
It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.

Am I too late???
frown.gif
Hopefully not. If there haven't been too many requests already, e-mail me at gbforgia@uchicago.edu. It's so awesome of you to do this
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"I looked like a baked bean when I was a kid. I really did."
-Bono

"I am not taking my clothes off!"
-Larry, when asked at the end of the interview to give the
crowd something they could take home with them

I'll take one, too, if you make enough. My email address is in my profile. Hm, want to trade something in return? I have the DirecTV U2 Month thing, their latest stints on Letterman and Leno, I'm recording the Charlie Rose thing on 12/31, I have other videos and stuff. Or I could make you a pin that looks like the Elevation suitcase. Here's the pattern, but in this picture, it's in a bracelet:
bracelet.jpg
The pin is about 1.5 inches square. Interested? Or is S&H just easier..? Blargh! Too many questions. Go to bed already, alreadygone....

alreadygone(tobed)

------------------
Gotta feel so guilty,
Got so much for so little...

Aussie girl <--maybe AM can copy yours so I can do others? but if you can't read Pal then no problem, i'll get you one too

Aussie girl, please check if you can play PAL tapes and I?ll make you a copy. No problem.

Girls, this tape is a must-have for all U2 fans!!!!!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

OK so far I've got
Sparky's Girl
Popangel
Sicy
U2002revolution <--- not sure if you wanted one or not...
izzybeth
Updated, add the line:
awakening
MVD
Fishy
hallelujah here she comes
already gone (I'll be in touch re: trade)

there's 10 here which is a reasonable number and I should be able to do all these. If your email addy is not in your profile drop me a line at oliveu2cm@yahoo.com. I leave home on Wed or Thurs, so I'll have a final count then of how many I was able to copy. I really hope I can do them all!
smile.gif

------------------
"You shout and shout
You're inside out
'til you don't know."

I LOVE that bracelet! Is there anyway I could buy/trade/both for one????

please e-mail me if so!

brkngrrl@hotmail.com

thanks
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom