Question to all who have seen the MDH movie:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i thought he was sitting on a bar stool...doesn't the camera pan from left to right and include him in a shot?

i can't really remember.

i'm still not sure what i thought about that movie.

Discoteque said:
yep, I saw him....it was pretty funny cos amongst all those MDH folks, he stuck out like a....rock star, shades and all. *snerk* :)
Didn't he, though? Utterly out of context, and I don't think it's just because we have Bono X-Ray Vision! I think Anton was also snapping pics of him in that shot. It's unfortunate Bono didn't cast himself in Mel Gibson's role in order to get more screen time..... although perhaps Bono's acting skills are best left unexplored. :sexywink:

VelvetDress said:

although perhaps Bono's acting skills are best left unexplored. :sexywink:

How nicely put :p

If you have the DVD and listen to it with the commentary you'll see Bono says he thought it was too much of distraction and didn't want to do it but Wim Wenders twisted his arm, and he's still not particularly happy with the result.

I thought MDH was a great movie, the cinematography in itself is most beautiful, the characters are great, and the actors perfectly cast. The whole point of the movie, life is beautiful even all it's wrongs/shortcomings, is pretty clear. The thing I think it lacked was in plot, mainly because I they really didn't give Mel enough of character development, from all the behind the scenes and commentaries it looks like they cut a lot of his scenes, mainly to keep it a reasonable length, and I think the movie clearly suffered from it. It's not bad, and it's certainly not a writers fault, if anyone is to blame is editor, director, and producer.

:sad: NO I NEVER SEE HIM!

It comes on cable every now and then..........

now that I know when to watch fer him, maybe I'll catch him next time.

:D Surprised you remembered that Ana!

I've been called the 'recorder' for a reason Moaner :D

Okay Monita, read carefully:

Bono appears on the part where Tom Tom (what a cutie!) is giving sodas to the hotel guests.

I wish you the best luck the next time you see the movie!

Lucky me I own the movie :D

Back
Top Bottom