Question for those visiting/living in Dublin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by bono-vox:
go along the quays on the clarence side and temple bar- ull b shopping yer legs off ye!

we stay in the gresham wen they do special deals neevr been in waerford or stayed in a B&B- Sligo aint bad!

tanks!
smile.gif

I went to the st. steven's green shopping centre cos we now live 2 mins from there and I saw some DM's...the price isn't that bad either...I think they were going for about ?70 or something....
smile.gif

LO-freakin L, Sicy!!!

Well, she said it herself: "I will whine...it's no secret at all."

*shrug*

personally, I'm still on track for visiting Dooblin some day...and maybe even MOVING there, *Stormy* weather permitting, of course.

wink.gif

Originally posted by Sicy:
Watch out.. Stormy is going to yell at you.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
I went to the st. steven's green shopping centre cos we now live 2 mins from there and I saw some DM's...the price isn't that bad either...I think they were going for about ?70 or something....
smile.gif

lol, we went in there to use the toilets after we had walked around Dublin and Stephen's Green all day. Nice toilets, and pretty cheap. It's a cool shopping centre as well.
wink.gif
It sits where Dandelion Market used to be, I believe.

OK i'm going to reply to Stormy's thingie...Suzie told me about this last night and we had a discussion about this...basically what I said is that...

Ok i'll admit one of the reasons that I did move here is because of U2...we've been going to the studio almost everyday because right now me and MIke have nothing better to do...but we're not stalking or anything...we went yesterday and they weren't there...and after today if we see them then we won't be back for awhile...

another reason we moved here is that now being here I can see that Ireland is lovely! I love it here!! Even tho it's cold and rains sometimes I love the city...how alive it is and stuff...

Reason 3...My friends...I knew that Suzie was living here and she told me how much she liked it here so I came and now we hang out and also hang out with her friend Michelle who is really cool...I love those girls and i'm sure we'll make more friends and get to hang out with people from the forum that come to Dublin...

Those are my reasons.

OK, since mom said YES we definately are going this fall(she wasn't answering me for a while)
Now I'm working on staying at the Clarence.
Mom says "$250 a night-No"
I say "Mom, I'll put it on my credit card"
Mom says "Can't we just drink at the bar, isn't that the same"
I say "Kind of, but mom U2 owns a hotel"
My theory...how many times am I going to visit Dublin in my lifetime?? What if I don't stay there this time, and the next time I visit, they don't own it anymore?? But I can see her point, for $250, we could probably sleep for 4 days at a B&B.
What do you ladies think?

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
OK, since mom said YES we definately are going this fall(she wasn't answering me for a while)
Now I'm working on staying at the Clarence.
Mom says "$250 a night-No"
I say "Mom, I'll put it on my credit card"
Mom says "Can't we just drink at the bar, isn't that the same"
I say "Kind of, but mom U2 owns a hotel"
My theory...how many times am I going to visit Dublin in my lifetime?? What if I don't stay there this time, and the next time I visit, they don't own it anymore?? But I can see her point, for $250, we could probably sleep for 4 days at a B&B.
What do you ladies think?

i have the same theory about staying at the clarence as you. I booked two nights there, i am in a position that i can afford the expense. i think if you can do it, go for it.
biggrin.gif

------------------
AIM: MissVelvetDress

Official Member of the S.C. Gang...:p

erm...its hard to know Mrs Clayton, yes, I can certainly see ur point of view on how many times u have an opp to travel to Dublin, so if so, why not stay where the major sex-beasts stay/drink/hang-out......................I know I would never stay at the Clarence for one night, not for that amount of money..........even though its 2 and a bit hours away.......I dont tink I would save up and 'waste-it' (just how I feel) I would rather stay near it and walk into the bar and guzzle there........but thats me Mrs Clayton......
smile.gif

I could afford it...I'm just wondering if it's worth it--wait, slap me someone, of course it's worth it...
I just don't know.
I'll bet good money we just drink at the bar...
Remember that article awhile ago about the clarence not doing a lot of business? Well I keep hoping they will drop their rates....

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
hey Maddie and BV, what are the names of B&B's that you stay in? I am trying to book a few nights at different B&B's through out Ireland. So far, I have two nights booked at a guesthouse in Dingle, I need to find a place around Waterford. Do you know of any good ones there? I have two nights at the clarence booked.
biggrin.gif
, i will have to check out these shops that the two of you are referring to.

Hey, MsVelvet!

I'm probably a bit late in responding to this post, but I was in Waterford last summer and there are several B&Bs outside the city you could stay in. I don't know of any names off-hand, but I remember running into a woman who was doing family research and was backpacking through Ireland with just a change of clothes, a windbreaker jacket, a little box of soap to clean her clothes and herself. She was loving every minute of it. She said that if you find B&Bs off the beaten path, they are really happy to get the business and they usually give you breaks in the price. She said nothing beats having your own room with a bathroom - not that staying in hostels are bad, but it's just nice to be able to lock your door at night.

Waterford's a neat little city. If you can, go through the factory - it's really cool to see how the crystal is made. And, if you buy the crystl in their store, they have killer discounts if you use your credit card. You don't have to pay sales tax on it, but you have to claim the purchase when you leave the country. I didn't do that, so a month later, I was hit with the sales tax.

Just to let you know.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
Hey, MsVelvet!

I'm probably a bit late in responding to this post, but I was in Waterford last summer and there are several B&Bs outside the city you could stay in. I don't know of any names off-hand, but I remember running into a woman who was doing family research and was backpacking through Ireland with just a change of clothes, a windbreaker jacket, a little box of soap to clean her clothes and herself. She was loving every minute of it. She said that if you find B&Bs off the beaten path, they are really happy to get the business and they usually give you breaks in the price. She said nothing beats having your own room with a bathroom - not that staying in hostels are bad, but it's just nice to be able to lock your door at night.

Waterford's a neat little city. If you can, go through the factory - it's really cool to see how the crystal is made. And, if you buy the crystl in their store, they have killer discounts if you use your credit card. You don't have to pay sales tax on it, but you have to claim the purchase when you leave the country. I didn't do that, so a month later, I was hit with the sales tax.

Just to let you know.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Moonie, thank you so much! that is just the type of info. i am looking for!
biggrin.gif

------------------
AIM: MissVelvetDress

Official Member of the S.C. Gang

Back
Top Bottom