Question about ONE bands...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swingn2thaMusic

The Fly
I figured if anybody would know this it would be PLEBA people (you guys know everything! :wink: ) so the random question of the day: did they change the ONE bands? I got mine last may and the ONE that is written on it is indented, but now it looks like the ONE is raised on bands. (hope that made sense...it did in my mind, but you know how that works!) does any one know why they did this? (Or has anyone at least noticed this?)

Last edited:
Well, I guess I'll take that question.

As a ONE volunteer from its beginning and as one who got the chance last year to preview the ONE band before they were made available to the public, the answer to your question is simply YES. :wink:

The original bands had the word ONE indented on the band - the later editions of the white band have the word ONE raised on the band so that it is easier for people to see.

I think that answers your question. Thanks for asking it. ;)

o, that's interesting. ididnt know that!
i thought the raised one bands were imitations. you know, how they sell those cheap imitation colored bands at the supermarket? i really dislike how this wonderful idea got picked up by the fashion industry and turned into a fashion thing. now there's real bands for real causes, and fake bands that say like "i love [insert brandname clothing company]" =/
thanks for the info, though!

4evru2, you can get the online at the one website, but they smallest pack they come in is a pack of 10, so you cant just get one. maybe someone who bought a pack of 10 has an extra to share? i got mine from a friend, so it's the only one i have
good luck finding one ;]

I KNEW IT!!!
hah!
I have both now..

:shifty:

mine was way too large, so Bonocomet sent me a smaller size,... but it was the raised one... those are less white aswell.. :)
but I like them both, so I'll wear them both :)

Bono has an indented btw.. :)

Several people at work wanted to know how to get one, after seeing Bono on the news this week, and since I was talking so much about his travels. I referred them to One.org then told them I have ordered some more bands.
They should be here any day now :hyper:

I had the MakePovertyHistory band, but I managed to break it when i had to get it off really fast.. :(
But now a friend of mine is sending a ONE band to me! :D

i also have a pink band for breast cancer and the only time i take them off is when im in the bath other than that they stay on 24/7 i got my makepovertyhistory band from the u2 concert i went to so got special memorys

I'm dying to have one of the ONE bans, unfortunatly I'm from Argentina and I don't know how to get them. Does anybody know a way for me to have it that's not too expensive???
thanx

Someone should have started this thread a month ago...I threw away a bunch of the indented wristbands a few days before I moved. :uhoh:

My thirteen year old son just bought 200 of the raised One bands from One.org, and even joined One, and is selling them in school as his Bar Mitzvah project. He has to do an act of charity, or as it is called, a tzedekah, and since he LOVES U2, he joined One. :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :heart: :heart:

I want an indented one :(

stares sadly at the raised one she's been wearing since last septmeber

Back
Top Bottom