question about meeting bono and women......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Ally. I’ve trying to deal with some contradictions concerning how to behave before celebrities. :p Kidding. I definitely would like to meet him. In fact, I think it might help getting my confidence back and also understanding that it is OK that he takes part in many of my thoughts nowadays. I still have a few months to try and find some courage on my own.

I'm not sure it's a feeling that your not good enough to meet them. I don't feel that way, it's just that there are a lot of mean spirited people out there. I've had to deal with that most of my life and the thought in your mind that people that you've looked up to may be one of those people is kinda hard. (Not that they are, it's just a fear that you can have.)

I know they are just human beings and that's the scary part. Human beings can suck! :p But in the end, it is all about putting yourself out there and not expecting the worst. It's hard to do that sometimes when you've put yourself out there and had bad things happen in the past. BUT we have to keep trying :)

one time i was in a line of people where bono had come out to sign things for people and chat a little

well he was going down the line, as he approached me his head was down because he was signing something for someone. but then he got to me and he looked up, he kind of jumped back and grimaced, and then he skipped over me and signed for everybody else in line

:(

Chizip said:
one time i was in a line of people where bono had come out to sign things for people and chat a little

well he was going down the line, as he approached me his head was down because he was signing something for someone. but then he got to me and he looked up, he kind of jumped back and grimaced, and then he skipped over me and signed for everybody else in line

:( I don't know how to respond to this. I would like to believe that Bono wouldn't do such a thing.

Chizip said:

:lmao:

ETA: you are joking, right?? :eyebrow:

I'd faint on the spot. I wonder if Bono would show up to do autographs when we're in the GA line in Atlanta? I've heard that he sometimes does that.

Chizip said:

You're joking, right?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know, she's just been trying to find some acceptance of herself, and seems like whenever she does.. someone fucks it up for her. Like, she'll be out with us or whatever, and then some asshole would stare at her or make a face, or whispter to someone else pointing a finger at her.
Its just as if it were elementary school all over again.

Not everyone is like that. And I doubt Bono is, but I think she's afraid she's gonna be stuck in a situation where it'll be down to a few people near her and he'll be all smiling and extra sweet to someone really cute, and then still act nice with her, but not as intimate...

She knows he's a flirt, and favors the ladies.. but not that she wants him to flirt with her, it isnt like that. She sees him in a much different way and just has been in situations where she'll be out with a group of people, and meeting new ones, and then everyone wants to chat it up with the "cuter" people, and kind of overlook her, yet still being nice, but not clicking based on her appearance. I've seen it happen to her. It's happened to me in the past. I was a pretty awkward person growing up, but still was out-going and my nutty personality, but still.. seemed it wasn't enough.

She's afraid that'll happen with Bono.

I've told her, well, there may be a time when you might meet him and he'll be really in a rush and try not to be paranoid about it.. or if he doesn't hug her as genuinely, or whatever, or shake her hand as genuinely... that she must not start jumping to conclusions. He's got a million things going through his mind and has everyone rushing at him. I know sadly, though, she will already have this paranoia in her head, and it will all look so differently than it really happened and worse than it really was.. and would have nothing to do with her personally. And that's scary, because.. that's what would happen.

But when you admire someone that much and they are the ones who helped you through a lot... and especially THAT type of a thing.. then it could be a real weird thing.

It isn't like she's meeting some hunk she has the hots for.. it's more emotional and personal.
It would be very nice if she caught him in a personal moment.. like in Dublin in front of their studio, or backstage in a calm atmosphere and actually get to tell him this kind of a thing, about her life, and have him talk to her.. and I think, if anything.. he'd change her entire view of herself to a positive one, forever. Someone said a similar thing like this on U2.com and I almost started crying (and I'm a guy!), thinking.. damn, that probably would indeed happen and I could only imagine how she'd feel. And Bono seems like a guy who'd genuinely want to make her feel that way.

It's nice to see people here who have a similar feeling about this kind of thing and aren't like some other people in this world. and i'm trying to get her to come on here and maybe talk to you all... and just have some fun chat for a change. We'll see what happens.

But, thankyou everyone. :) U2 fans are definitely the best. :)

-Matt

MattFromNYC said:
ok, after talking to my sister about her wanting to get on stage with bono, or meeting him before a show, when she sees them live next month, and us discussing my previous question about the girls he takes on stage i wanted to ask this.

from personal experience... those of you who've met bono or been around him when he was meeting the fans...
lets say there was a group of ladies together who were going up to bono or he to them.. and one of them wasn't attractive at all as the others.. would bono still give her as much attention as the others or less and take the time out for her? what have you guys witnessed?

not that my sister isnt (very) attractive, LOL. or that she thinks she isnt. we were just talking about this kind of thing amongst ourselves

Let me just say this!!!!...If you and or a crowd get close enough to Bono "DON'T RUSH HIM"....Believe me, I have been in his face and I did not freak and did not shove things for him to sign!!...
HE HATES BEING RUSHED BY FANS!!...if the fans behave (which it only takes one idiot to ruin it for the crowd) He will sign and answer questions!! he will look at you in the eye when he talks to you....and it does not matter if youre a guy or a girl, cute of ugly, *he is an equal opportunity fan RockStar*...

But I cannot stress this enough DONT RUSH HIM!!...i THINK IT SCARES HIM cause you never know who is getting close to you and what your motives are, His security *MrClean* is very protective of him so if he sees the crowd out of control he'll take Bono away from the crowd!!

Re: Re: question about meeting bono and women......

BonoFox1 said:

Let me just say this!!!!...If you and or a crowd get close enough to Bono "DON'T RUSH HIM"....Believe me, I have been in his face and I did not freak and did not shove things for him to sign!!...
HE HATES BEING RUSHED BY FANS!!...if the fans behave (which it only takes one idiot to ruin it for the crowd) He will sign and answer questions!! he will look at you in the eye when he talks to you....and it does not matter if youre a guy or a girl, cute of ugly, *he is an equal opportunity fan RockStar*...

But I cannot stress this enough DONT RUSH HIM!!...i THINK IT SCARES HIM cause you never know who is getting close to you and what your motives are, His security *MrClean* is very protective of him so if he sees the crowd out of control he'll take Bono away from the crowd!!

Very understandable... and I, my sister, wife, and our friend wouldn't ever rush or get get in his face like that. Even if Bono liked when people did that.. we still wouldn't. We just aren't like that. He deserves his space as much as anyone else does and give him equal respect.

Matt, you are obviously a wonderful friend. Your friend is so very fortunate to have someone who obviously cares like you do. A good male friend is a treasure!

I agree with the others in this thread. Bono wouldn't judge her by her appearance. Instead, he'd see her as someone who enjoys his music, someone who has helped give him and his bandmates a great life, like he says in concert. And he would be gracious and kind.

That's what I think, anyway.

verte said:
I'd faint on the spot. I wonder if Bono would show up to do autographs when we're in the GA line in Atlanta? I've heard that he sometimes does that.

You know I thought I would too, *cause I have a mad crush on the man and have since the 80s* anyway I always imagined that I would make an ass of my self in front of him, passout, or whatever...
The first time I met him 3 years ago, I was happy to meet him it was so brief but it was amazing and I did not freak like I thought I would, I've had Edge "right in front of my face" a few times now and I did not freak out I kept looking at him just thinking, I CANT BELIEVE IT, ITS EDGE!! RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME< LOOKING AT ME!!
GOD HE IS HOT!......
I met Edge a few more times and It gets eaiser...
Bono I met recently again and like I said in my previous post I was right in his face I managed a GREAT SHOW!! " He said "THANK YOU"
"EVERYONE wanted to talk to him or have him sign something, but the crowd was gewtting out of control and "Mr Clean" asked Bono to get back into the car, and this was after he (Bono) nicely asked us to form a line and he would sign autographs!!

people did not cooperate and Bono said:"I can't do this It's
getting out of control"...

Same thing happened a week later, It only takes ONE IDIOT to
ruin it for every one!! and that is what happened on my second encounter with Bono in a week, Some idoiot "mouthed off at security while he was trying to organize us for Bono"..and Security advised Bono's security of it and then Bono was wisked away:( :mad:

Last edited:
Chizip said:

:lmao:

stay cool and calm-pretend you don't fancy him all that much....just a cute smile... and if you get near to him on the cat walk sit on shoulders but don't blow him kisses-my friend lucy did that and he did'nt appreciate it:I think it scared him cause she was so close-it was devastating for her as she took it as rejection-but I think it was just too close-security probly said get back-crazed woman about to try to grab you:drool:

I love what everyone else has said in this thread, and here's my two cents' worth too. Maybe tell your friend to keep in mind that Bono, like everyone else in the world, has insecurities about himself too. That's part of being human. I do hope she goes with you to try to meet him...and of course I hope you do get to meet him! And whatever happens at that point, will happen, and everything will be okay. :hug:

it was a long time ago now-but i think she felt really foolish-like a crazed groupie when it was meant as a sweet gesture-she'd had a few drinks and feelin all lovely duvvy-you know-when you start telling all your friends how much you luv em and givin loads of hugs then start crying-or perhaps she wasn't that far gone....
She won't go to another U2 concert now incase he regognises her!!! but thats abit crazy cause he hasn't got lazer vision or binoculars-I suspect allot of girls have thrown themselves at him and at times he's been annoyed and at times flattered-i think she was just too close to the stage-THE EDGE could see she was abit hurt and he really smiled at her and kept eye contact withher for about 5 minutes-then they moved back to the main stage-the edge is actually a really lovely guy-I think he's problyjust as receptive as bono in many ways but just is more subtle about it.....

I'm sure it's only the eyes that he sees when he looks at fans at these times, and in them he can see the real person - all the rest is probably a blur to him. Although (what she thinks about her) appearance shouldn't matter, I can understand your friends insecurity about this but I am sure, if she is lucky enough to meet him, all these worries will disappear in a flash. :)

I'm a great believer in things happening for a reason at the right time. If she trusts that it will all be well , all will be well. :up:

...and like others have said...you are a good friend...

Last edited:
Chizip said:

oh man im such a jackass sometimes

thats kinda how she felt and to make it worse he din't pull a girl out at that concert:shrug:

we went over everything but she couldn't think of a single thing that was OTT

he just freaked???????????????

passingcat said:
stay cool and calm-pretend you don't fancy him all that much....just a cute smile... and if you get near to him on the cat walk sit on shoulders

This I would not recommend, at least in the States (maybe it's different at stadium shows). People will be very pissed off and security will get you right away. If you wanna lust after Bono, that's fine, but make sure it doesn't interfere with other people's enjoyment of the show.

Also, I'm confused as to why blowing kisses was so bad for your friend :scratch: That sounds OK to me...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

This I would not recommend, at least in the States (maybe it's different at stadium shows). People will be very pissed off and security will get you right away. If you wanna lust after Bono, that's fine, but make sure it doesn't interfere with other people's enjoyment of the show.

too damn right :mad:

Back
Top Bottom