question about bono's JT hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
how do you think bono got from his 85-86 mullet to his JT long ponytail hair? i mean look at the last few pics we have of him before JT, perhaps Live Aid and Self Aid, Conspiracy of Hope tour. What did he do to his hair to get it straight and evenly long like that for JT? a mullet is all uneven and can't be pulled back into a ponytail without hair sticking out. what was the time period her? any pics that would help see the transition? (not JT pics, but just the few months leading into it)

I would say he just plan grew it out and then cut off the last layer to even it up until it was all the same length. Then he grew it all out long from there. If you notice the earliest JT days it was just grazing his shoulders. It was later in the tour that it was really long!

Live Aid, July 1985

auf1.jpg

Conspiracy of Hope, mid- 1986

fringepretty.jpg

JT photoshoots, winter of 86-87

3chordsjtband.jpg

later in 1987

bonosinging87.jpg

ajt7.jpg

Last edited:
shoulder length

hotlook-vi.jpg

longer

U2_RATTLE_AND_HUM98-vi.jpg

longest

jtsmile-1-vi.jpg

this is probably the longest I've ever seen it

bonoali1-vi.jpg

Last edited:
:drool:

Every time I start to have the slightest doubt that JT is the hottest look, all it takes is a couple pics and there's no question :flirt:

jt1-vi.jpg

:combust: :faint:

I think so--because on the cover of an old Rolling Stone-JT era--I have--he had really long curly hair--I keep that on a table at home just for looking at. :drool:

Maybe it was just bushier when it was cut in layers and when it was long and all one length it was heavier so it pulled down straight more. My husband's hair is like that too.

If you look at Boy pics, it was never curly, just bushy. It looked curliest in COH/AI but that was because it was so layered. And of course it curls up on the ends when it's sweaty :drool:

U2_RATTLE_AND_HUM98-vi.jpg

It even does that short

abhot-vi.jpg

Oh well I could do another photo essay on the history of Bono's hair :wink: wouldn't put me out at all!

one more of his transitional hair between mullet and mane:love:

coh1-vi.jpg

Last edited:
When I saw the title of this thread there was no doubt in my mind that Kitty would be the first to reply! :laugh: You rock girl! :D:up:

U2Kitten said:
Every time I start to have the slightest doubt that JT is the hottest look, all it takes is a couple pics and there's no question :flirt:

Do you ever doubt that?! :ohmy:

:wink:

Merc said:
When I saw the title of this thread there was no doubt in my mind that Kitty would be the first to reply! :laugh: You rock girl! :D:up:

Thanks :hug: this is my favorite subject and my specialty! I can't resist!

Do you ever doubt that?! :ohmy:

:wink:

There are moments while gazing at hot ZOOTV stills that AB Bono might be just slightly hotter, but no, JT Bono wins by a nose, or should I say a hair?;)

Nice pics epesically the JT ones. Anyone know Bono's actual hair color? I heard he use to dye it black during the JT era.

It was dyed black during the AB and Elevation eras, it was dark chestnut brown during JT. I would say his original hair color is the Boy color.

bonoboycity.jpg

My fave Bono look is ZooTV Bono but JT is mighty fine. The first time I ever saw U2 was during the Conspiracy of Hope tour, then I saw the JT tour about 18 months later, and these pix bring back all sorts of great memories.

i always thought i was a zoo tv girl, but since discovering the numerous hair threads here, i have learned that yeah, jt bono takes the cake.

:combust:

i'm a little afraid of that one... a little too wild and hairy. i have an aversion to facial hair, prefer the clean shaven look.

he looks a little like trent reznor in that pic, oddly enough.

starsgoblue said:

I don't know what to say about that look.....

One of the best pics i've seen of him. I like that look, the hair,and the beard. I think he looks better with a beard. cool pic.

"Encino Man" is a movie - starring Brendan Fraser (another man I'm sure many PLEBA women would find attractive).

Bono, IMO, is one of the few men that looks good in long hair. For example, I think Steven Tyler looks absolutely ridiculous, especially at this point in his life. Jon Bon Jovi's long hair = :barf: Jon Bon Jovi looks infinitely better now.

Along those lines, I can't imagine Bono with JT-era hair now (granted, that's not possible as his hair has thinned some - but even if it hadn't, I just don't think he'd look right). But I seem to be one of the few people that thinks his longer hair at this time looks better on him. Again, not saying he should grow it out to the R&H era length, but I think this length right now works.

But going back to the topic, yes, in his youth, Bono pulled off the long hair look really well - most men can't. Likewise, I think Edge looks great in a goatee - most men don't (even though many try). :wink:

Back
Top Bottom