Question About Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soul Always

Acrobat
If you took away Bono's celebrity style, his humanitarian aid, his rock star status would you still like Bono as much as you do now?

FallingStar said:
If he can keep his looks. :sexywink:

:laugh: Yes, I let him keep the looks. I didn't want to take everything away from him. Besides, I figured that even if he weren't famous, weren't a rock star, weren't a prominent figure in humanitarian aid he'd STILL be good-looking. Why would that change? It wouldn't. So, I thought this was the most realistic question.

Then bring him on. :drool:

And if he wasn't married he would be really wirth a trip to dooblin right NOW. :mac:

Okay, so Bono is an average, even mediocre, middle-aged man who looks just like he looks now, who lives in, hmmm, Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A. Would you still like him? Let's say, like his dad, he works in the post office. He keeps his general personality, but, of course, he's not a star.

He looks like my kind of guy, I like his appearance and he has a fun personality and we like the same things so we'd be happy even poor in a beat up trailer.

Okay, so Bono is an average, even mediocre, middle-aged man who looks just like he looks now, who lives in, hmmm, Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A. Would you still like him? Let's say, like his dad, he works in the post office. He keeps his general personality, but, of course, he's not a star.

good question.
It's his spirit that speaks to me not his looks or fame...

If he still 'read' the same way... with a wicked sense of humor, a gentle nature and a cheeky gift for running off at the mouth? I'd probably find excuses to hang 'round the P.O. more often :D

...and wonder what exactly about this bloke it was I found so fascinating. And watch him flirt with every single woman who came in for a book of stamps. But I wouldn't put a website up about him, f'rinstance. I might write about him in my journal or blog - as I do about most of the intriguing people I come across - but who knows what I'd say about the guy from the post office with the big blue eyes and the bad jokes?

Soul Always said:

Being a rock star or famous figure is not important to me.

I couldn't say for sure if I'd like him in a different situation because this is "the only Bono I know".

But if he kept his personality I would definately like him, even if he was a farmer, a teacher, a clerk...

That's what attracted me in the first place, his personality. It was only after a while that I fell for his look... :D

Soul Always, I think you ask a VERY IMPORTANT question.:yes:

Would as many people who claim to "love" Bono REALLY still care about him if he was a postman, a garbageman or a gas station attendant?

For me, the resounding answer is YES!;)

I have been interested in exactly who Bono is since I first saw him in 1981 on the Tom Synder show. There was something special about him then and, despite his fame and fortune, there is STILL SOMETHING SPECIAL about him now! :love:

For me, it is NOT his looks, although Bono has actually INCREASED in his appeal to me over the years. JT and R&H were awesome looking periods for all of U2, but, as BONO'S HEART AND SOUL HAS EXPANDED (and his commitment to social justice), my sincere Love and Respect for him has grown. :hug:

It is his openness and nonjudgemental attitude toward people and life and his IMMENSE Love and Trust in God that has always attracted me.:bono: :angel:

So, if I would have met Bono before all this celebrity nonsense I would have DEFINITELY have as much Love and Respect for the B-man as I do now.

His fame and fortune actually has sometimes stood IN HIS WAY of reaching out to new people in his life who would be excellent friends and compatriots for him.

Thank you, Soul Always, for asking this question that I think is important for us to ask ourselves - do we REALLY LOVE BONO or are we just attracted to him because of his stardom/looks/whatever? Our answer to this question will reveal a lot about our "love" for Bono.

For me, long after this musical entity called U2 is a sweet and pleasant memory, I WILL FOLLOW BONO!:bono: :heart: :heart: :)

If you took all those things away from Bono, I would like to think that I would still like him, if I knew him. He is an extremely good-looking man, but even that isn't the most important thing. There is something about him that makes you love him. The way he phrases things, the way his mind works. His spirituality. Not that I know him personally, but you really get the idea that there is so much more to Bono then just the rock star style and persona. As for the humanitarian side, I believe there are a great many people in the world who care just as deeply as he does, but just can't raise awareness like he can. Yeah, I could see myself loving Bono. After all, even if you take all that away, he is still who he is, and that is what makes him great.

The strange thing to me is that I can easily picture a non-rock star version of Bono and IMO, he would be pretty much the same, strong in the same ways and as in love with Ali as ever (lucky girl!).

It's his spirit that speaks to me not his looks or fame...

If he still 'read' the same way... with a wicked sense of humor, a gentle nature and a cheeky gift for running off at the mouth? I'd probably find excuses to hang 'round the P.O. more often

:yes: ditto!

And the same for the other 3 too.

Last edited:
Soul Always said:

I wouldn't care if he works in a post office... but I wouldn't like him if he was mediocre.. cuz you can have a work in a post office but that doesn't mean that you can't be the best post man and have a little bit of ambition...

if bono works in a post office he would be thinking how to be the boss... and to be honest I like guys with creative and artistic sense... so Bono would be the best post man in kansas and he has to know how to knit and stuff :laugh:

and like b. real raps : " I want a man with a plan and ambition" :D

Last edited:
there is no doubt that i could love him outside of his own world. hes one of those guys who has the personality that glows. there is this guy that works in safeway that i have had the hugest crush on for like three years. hes short, he has a little gray coming in, hes got a little beef belly going on, but hes got this really weird thing about him where people are just drawn to him. this proves to me that there is such a thing as that type of person. bono was lucky to become the sexiest man in the world on top of that!! :wink: oh man i wish he was my post office worker. i think i would be getting a po box or something...or better yet the UPS guy in that uniform, and i could greet him at the door in a towel......

Back
Top Bottom