Prayers needed for the Cat family - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Prayers needed for the Cat family

Well I got a phone call from our broker this morning. The loan we are supposed to be getting on our new house got denied. Its not because of our credit or anything. They just consider the building to big of a risk, because its a 100 year old commerical building that has been converted to a home.

I'm so tired of all the stress I'm about ready to just throw in the towel. No matter what we are still moving. Mr. Cat has a job waiting on him so we are definetly going. But sadly I don't think we are going to be living in the cool old church. I'm going to call a local bank today and see if they can be of any help to us. But I honestly don't think its going to happen if one of the biggest lenders in the country wouldn't do it, why would they?

I'm gonna look at see what houses are available online and if I have to maybe drive up next week to see what I can find to look at. My girlfriend who was going to be my business partner is heartbroken, but there really isn't much else I can do. I'll just be happy to be near her.

Please pray that no matter what happens we make wise decisions and find the right house for us.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:19 PM
Russty I'm so sorry.

You and the Cat family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:19 AM
It probaby wasnt meant to be. You dont want to buy a piece of property that old and then risk having all these things go wrong with it.. because its bound to happen on a structure that old. You'd be in debt for the rest of your life. I'm sure you'll find something even better
Old 02-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:19 PM
Re: Prayers needed for the Cat family

Quote:
Originally posted by Russty Cat
Well I got a phone call from our broker this morning. The loan we are supposed to be getting on our new house got denied. Its not because of our credit or anything. They just consider the building to big of a risk, because its a 100 year old commerical building that has been converted to a home.

I'm so tired of all the stress I'm about ready to just throw in the towel. No matter what we are still moving. Mr. Cat has a job waiting on him so we are definetly going. But sadly I don't think we are going to be living in the cool old church. I'm going to call a local bank today and see if they can be of any help to us. But I honestly don't think its going to happen if one of the biggest lenders in the country wouldn't do it, why would they?

I'm gonna look at see what houses are available online and if I have to maybe drive up next week to see what I can find to look at. My girlfriend who was going to be my business partner is heartbroken, but there really isn't much else I can do. I'll just be happy to be near her.

Please pray that no matter what happens we make wise decisions and find the right house for us.
My dad, whose 79 now always says; Quote: What's for you won't go by you. And he's always been right. It'll work itself out, you'll see.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Oh, Russty! I know how much you wanted that particular church/house. I will remember you all in my prayers.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:19 PM
Russty, I'm sorry that the church/house didn't work out for you. I'm sure there's something a bit better waiting around the corner.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

aaaaawwww i know how much you got into that.........

well, something will turn up AND your own visual skills will make an even better place!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Old 02-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I'm so sorry to hear about that Russty. I know how much you were looking forward to that place.

But like others have said, I'm sure something just as great or even better is right around the corner. Keep your spirits high!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
Refugee

Location: Celebrating the end of things with cheap champagne!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Rusty, I'm not sure exactly how Oregon insurance law goes or if they use different terminology, but another option for you may be to get a 'Dwelling Fire' policy. Its coverage isn't as broad as a typical Homeowner policy, but you can provide the bank with enough protection for the structure that they should be satisfied.

It's a more expensive route than a standard homeowner's policy & you'd really want to have separate coverage for your personal property, but it may be the loophole you need. Try to find a local or regional insurance agent who's dealt with this type of situation before (business/commercial use structures converted into residential ones).

And I agree with the others... try not to stress. What's meant to be, will.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thanks you guys! Your all the best! I've spent most of the morning making calls and I've come to sort of a peace about it all. I firmly believe that if we are supposed to be in the house its going to happen.

I have no doubt that we are supposed to move to Oregon, but maybe this was Gods way of saying that we need to find someplace that isn't so much work.

So instead of spending hours crying I figured I should do what I can from here. I made some phone calls and have found us about 5 more houses to go see that could work for us. One of them is a 6 bedroom 2 bath house that was built in 1905! It use to be a hospital, but long ago was converted to a house. It is actually two seperate apartments. But could easily be converted to one living space. It looks so cool in the picture. Its has the cutest little front stoop. I was thinking that we could leave it as two seperate spaces and I could use one for business and one for us to live in. The kicker of it all is its only $85,000!!! Woohoo! It has almost an acre of land with it as well. It does need some work, but with the cheaper mortgage and the money we make on this house we could so do it. The old owners are even willing to carry a loan on the place so we wouldn't even have to get a loan!

I'm trying to not get to excited like I did for the last place. ANd I have a few others that have great potential so I'm going to wait to talk to Mr. Cat tonight. But I might just drive up in a few weeks and start looking at new place and see what we can find. But heck the big house is vacant so we could move into it now. I just realized this would free up our whole living in limbo thing.

Keep praying that we aren't completely insane and that we dont' screw it all up.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:22 PM   #13
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:19 AM
What is with you and 100 yr old old church's/hospitals turned houses

You really ARE crazy! :teasing:
Old 02-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #14
Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!

Local Time: 08:19 PM
Russty iknow how much the church meant to you, but its great your being so positive about it! im sure something better will come along

6 countries,11 shows. AMAZING FRIENDS AND MEMORIES = Jem's priceless 360 Tour
Old 02-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Hang in there, Russty, you'll find a cool place to live ...
Old 02-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
What is with you and 100 yr old old church's/hospitals turned houses

You really ARE crazy! :teasing:
Sicy my best friend from childhood said the same thing. Like can't you find something that was built in the last century.

My mother said I just have a very old soul, that digs on old houses. We are living in a modern house right now and we've only been here a year. My mom jokes that the house was too new and has bad Russty karma so we must move.

The town we are moving to has mostly old houses so I'm sure we will end up in one. Luckily most of them have been well taken care of.

(And don't tell anyone, but I am a bit crazy. I just hide it well. )
Old 02-06-2006, 07:18 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 02-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:19 PM
I am sorry, and I hope you get what you want. I know it doesn't make you feel any better now, but they may have done you a favor because if they think it's that bad it may have turned out to be a lemon/money pit you couldn't get rid of. I believe the right thing will come your way!

The house I have now was one I found while looking and was told it was under contract. I was so disappointed. Everything I liked, I couldn't get, and everything I could get I didn't want. One day I was looking at a very old house with a lot of problems and considering buying it when my cell phone rang, and it was the old real estate agent telling me the house that was under contract was on the market again, and I got it! It's an older house too, but was remodeled in1994 so it's in good shape but still looks like an old farmhouse. I really didn't think I would get it, nobody is more negative and fatalistic than me. So I if it happened to me I know there's hope for you Please post again and let us know what you find. Good luck!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:47 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Russty I think it's cool you're specifically looking into older homes. My childhood home was over 100 years old. Way back in the day, it was the only house for about a mile radius. We used to find old horseshoes in the yard. However, currently it's in a VERY bad neighborhood full of gangs so we left. Such a lovely house with such history sold for only $40,000. I miss that house. There's just something special about an old wooden clapboard house with a big porch and a picket fence.